chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The History of I Quit Matches

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
tnalockdownfan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2467
Registration date : 2008-04-09

The History of I Quit Matches Empty
PostSubject: The History of I Quit Matches   The History of I Quit Matches Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 11:32 am

Hey guys, as you know, in the history of Professional Wrestling there have been 27 I Quit Matches

Let's take a look @ its history:

The NWA Era:

The very 1st I Quit Match took place back almost 20 years ago to 1985 @ the 3rd Annual NWA Starrcade

Magnum T.A. def. Tully Blanchard in an "I Quit" Steel Cage Match for the NWA United States Heavyweight Championship

In 1989, Ric Flair made Terry Funk say "I Quit" to retain the NWA World Heavyweight Championship

The ECW Era:

In 1993, Terry Funk def. Eddie Gilbert in an "I Quit" Texas Death Match

In 1994, Tommy Dreamer def. The Sandman in an "I Quit" Match

In 1997, Shane Douglas def. Pitbull #1 to retain the ECW World Television Championship

and in 2001, Tommy Dreamer def. C.W. Anderson in an "I Quit" Match

The WCW Era:

Goldberg def. Sid Vicious in an "I Quit" Match @ WCW Mayhem '99

On 12/6/99 on WCW Monday Nitro on TNT, Rowdy Roddy Piper def. The Harris Twins in an "I Quit" Handicap Match

On 2/7/00 on WCW Monday Nitro on TNT, David Flair def. Terry Funk

@ Uncensored 2000, Dustin Rhodes def. Terry Funk in an "I Quit" Bullrope Match

and in August of 2000 on WCW Thunder on TBS SuperStation, Norman Smiley def. M.I. Smooth in an "I Quit" Match to retain the WCW Hardcore Championship

The WWE Era:

The WWE has had more "I Quit" Matches than anyone else in history

The very 1st one in the WWE was @ Wrestlemania XI

and that was when Bret "The Hitman" Hart def. Bob Backlund in an "I Quit" Match

On 10/26/98 on RAW is WAR on USA, Stone Cold Steve Austin def. Ken Shamrock in an "I Quit" Match

In January of 1999, The Rock has won 2 "I Quit" Matches 2 nights in a row:

@ Royal Rumble '99, he def. Mick Foley and the following night on RAW IS WAR on USA Network, he def. Triple H

Both men said "I Quit" to The Rock as The Rock won the WWE Heavyweight Championship

@ No Mercy 2003, Vince McMahon def. his daughter Stephanie McMahon Levesque in the 1st ever Father vs. Daughter "I Quit" Match when WWE CEO Linda McMahon threw in the towel

@ Judgment Day 2005, John Cena def. JBL in an "I Quit" Match and shortly, Cena went to RAW and took the WWE Heavyweight Championship with him

@ Summerslam 2006, Ric Flair def. Mick Foley in an "I Quit" Match

and on SD!, Rey Mysterio and Chavo Guerrero had made each other say "I Quit"

Chavo def. Rey in 2006 and Rey def. Chavo in 2007

Last year @ One Night Stand IV, Beth Phoenix The Glamazon def. Melina in the 1st ever Divas "I Quit" Match

and earlier this year @ Backlash, Jeff Hardy def. Matt Hardy in an "I Quit" Match

and this Sunday, will mark the 12th "I Quit" Match for the WWE as John Cena and Randy Orton go @ it once again in an "I Quit" Match for the WWE Heavyweight Championship

The ROH Era:

There have been 3 "I Quit" Match @ Ring of Honor:

In 2004, Alex Shelley def. Jimmy Jacobs in an "I Quit" Match

In 2007, Jimmy Rave def. Nigel McGuinness in an "I Quit" Match

Note: The referee stopped the match after McGuinness refused to say "I Quit" when Rave attempted to break his leg

In 2008, Austin Aries def. Jimmy Jacobs in an "I Quit" Match

The TNA Era:

In May of 2009, Booker T. def. Jethro Holiday in an "I Quit" Match

and @ Sacrifice, AJ Styles def. Booker T. in an "I Quit" Match to retain the TNA Legends Title when Jenna threw in the towel

and also, this Sunday, this will be the 28th "I Quit" Match in history

and that's your look @ the history of "I Quit" Matches in Professional Wrestling
Back to top Go down
Kevin Newstar
Wrestling Fan
Wrestling Fan
Kevin Newstar

Male Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-09-08

PostSubject: Re: The History of I Quit Matches   The History of I Quit Matches Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 11:40 am

Favorite "I Quit" match was The Rock versus Mankind.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

Male Number of posts : 8610
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: The History of I Quit Matches   The History of I Quit Matches Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 6:02 am

Kevin Newstar wrote:
Favorite "I Quit" match was The Rock versus Mankind.

Although that was a good fun match and all, The ending was bullshit. The ending was never meant to go down like that, Even if Foley broke the orders he was given. They should of never played Foley saying "I Quit" through the stereo like they did. It was garbage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The History of I Quit Matches   The History of I Quit Matches Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The History of I Quit Matches
Page 1 of 1