chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chris Jericho Never Wants to be a Babyface Again

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Chris Jericho Never Wants to be a Babyface Again Empty
PostSubject: Chris Jericho Never Wants to be a Babyface Again   Chris Jericho Never Wants to be a Babyface Again Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 5:39 pm

Quote :
Posted by: Wrestling-Radio.com

Thanks to Steven Fernandes for the following. .. Slam Wrestling has a short interview with Chris Jericho, talking about liking his current character, and he'll "fight kicking and screaming never to be a babyface again". He also talks about his tag team with Big Show, saying after Edge went down with an injury, no one knew what to do. Big Show was Vince's idea. He says people were expecting either The Miz or Dolph Ziggler to be his partner, but you'll couldn't replace Edge with an up-and-comer.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Chris Jericho Never Wants to be a Babyface Again   Chris Jericho Never Wants to be a Babyface Again Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 6:02 pm

From what I can tell, a lot of people were expecting Christian too. That would of worked well but, whatever. I have no problem with Jericho staying heel for the rest of his career but, only if he adds somethinng new to his promos. It gets annoying when most of his promos sound the same, I don't remember a promo Jericho did without calling somebody a hypocrite.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Chris Jericho Never Wants to be a Babyface Again   Chris Jericho Never Wants to be a Babyface Again Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 7:54 pm

With how long guys like Orton and Edge have been able to go as heels, I don't think it's as strong a statement as it may have been a few years ago when people would switch back and forth 2 or 3 times a year.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Chris Jericho Never Wants to be a Babyface Again   Chris Jericho Never Wants to be a Babyface Again Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 8:20 pm

Edge has been a heel since the fall of 04 and Orton has been a heel since he target the Undertaker, at WM 21. 5 Years for Edge and a little less then 5 for Orton.
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2627
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Chris Jericho Never Wants to be a Babyface Again   Chris Jericho Never Wants to be a Babyface Again Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 10:29 pm

I was watching with my buddy yesterday the Title vs Mask match between Chris Jericho and Juventud Guerrera and it hit me to see the difference between heel Chris Jericho in 1998 and heel Chris Jericho in 2009. Both are awesome but their behavior are so different from each other. 1998's Jericho was whiny and cowardly, borderline comedy character while today's Jericho is self-righteous, borderline paranoid. Yet, it works so perfectly. There are so many heels that are one-dimensional and only know one way to play the heel role but when you look at guys like Jericho, Orton and Edge, I think that's why their long heel runs have been successful as opposed to Triple H, who I believe, is truly one-dimensional as a heel, always playing the "Cerebral Assassin" card, which is quickly redundant.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chris Jericho Never Wants to be a Babyface Again   Chris Jericho Never Wants to be a Babyface Again Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1