chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Delgado's Mets days may be done

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Affliction
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Affliction

Male Number of posts : 3093
Registration date : 2007-10-13

Delgado's Mets days may be done Empty
PostSubject: Delgado's Mets days may be done   Delgado's Mets days may be done Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 11:26 am

"Carlos Delgado may have played his last game as a Met. The first baseman, who will be a free agent this winter, admitted yesterday that a return this season is highly unlikely. Delgado's surgically repaired hip acted up last week when he tried to run, the latest setback for the 37-year-old. "I was trying to run again outside this week and it didn't feel very good afterwards," Delgado said. "We don't have very much time. I don't want to rule anything out. "We'll see how it is over the weekend, and I guess we'll have to make a decision." Mets manager Jerry Manuel sounded pessimistic when asked about Delgado before last night's game with the Nationals at Citi Field. "I think time is running ..."
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

Delgado's Mets days may be done Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delgado's Mets days may be done   Delgado's Mets days may be done Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 12:38 pm

Not surprising, kind of already saw this back in April. I drafted him in my fantasy league, then he got injured after a decent start and the fact that he was suppose to be out so long already closed the door on his return. The Mets picked up a fairly hefty option on Delgado to bring him back this year and now that's basically money just pissed away.
Back to top Go down

Delgado's Mets days may be done
Page 1 of 1