chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Roddy Piper's Cancer returns, terminal.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tiff
Main Eventer
Main Eventer
Tiff

Female Number of posts : 1929
Registration date : 2007-12-19

Roddy Piper's Cancer returns, terminal. Empty
PostSubject: Roddy Piper's Cancer returns, terminal.   Roddy Piper's Cancer returns, terminal. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 2:10 pm

As reported yesterday, WWE Hall of Famer "Rowdy" Roddy Piper was recently forced to pull out of a number of previously scheduled appearances as a result of a serious illness. In a sad update on the situation, I can confirm that his cancer has returned. However, this time it's believed to be terminal as he's not expected to live much longer.

According to a well-placed source within World Wrestling Entertainment, Vince McMahon has informed creative to prepare to scrap a segment or two for next week's Raw as he is planning on running a few video tributes honoring the wrestling legend — just in case.

Piper, 55, was diagnosed with Hodgkin's lymphoma in November 2006 after doctors found a cancerous tumor on a disc in his spine. Back discomfort had forced Piper to leave WWE's tour of Europe and return to North America in order to undergo surgery. In the weeks that followed, Piper spent the majority of his time in a local hospital, undergoing extensive radiation treatment in hopes of vanquishing the cancer that had invaded his body. While the cancer would eventually disappear, as noted, it recently returned.

- - - -

Wow, that's just.. so sad. The first time must be terrible, but finding out that you have it a second time, and that you're not going to live through it? I have no idea how he must be feeling right now. My thoughts go out to him, his family and friends.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwe.com
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac
Ex-Mattitude Follower

Male Number of posts : 4927
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Roddy Piper's Cancer returns, terminal.   Roddy Piper's Cancer returns, terminal. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 2:17 pm

This is real sad. Roddy was one of the best heels back in the day, a real revolutionary character for his time and it's a shame he never won a WWE World Title as he had the sufficent talent. I wish him and his friends and family all the best.
Back to top Go down
Inah
Head Bitch In Charge
Head Bitch In Charge

Female Number of posts : 4534
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Roddy Piper's Cancer returns, terminal.   Roddy Piper's Cancer returns, terminal. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 2:43 pm

Oh my god ='( This just depressing.
Back to top Go down
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac
Ex-Mattitude Follower

Male Number of posts : 4927
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Piper Update   Roddy Piper's Cancer returns, terminal. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 3:13 pm

Source: Wrestling-Radio.com

The following is from PWinsider.com

In regard to reports floating around that WWE Hall of Famer Roddy Piper has been diagnosed with terminal cancer, they are 100% untrue.

In speaking with one of Piper's representatives today, I was told that while Piper has taken time off for health-related issues after wrapping his most recent film, he is not dying and was not diagnosed at that time with being terminally ill from cancer.

I was told Piper was advised by his doctors to take a break from his work schedule to recover from some health issues and is doing so.

An official statement from Piper's representatives may be forthcoming, but in any event, no, Piper is not terminal with cancer.

All that said, do keep Piper in your thoughts as he deals with his health issues.
Back to top Go down
Tiff
Main Eventer
Main Eventer
Tiff

Female Number of posts : 1929
Registration date : 2007-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Roddy Piper's Cancer returns, terminal.   Roddy Piper's Cancer returns, terminal. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 3:33 pm

Wow, I really hate it when rumors are spread about someone dying. It's the most serious and sadest point in peoples lives.. so I just can't believe that some people make up stuff like that.

Anyway, I'm so happy to hear that he's okay. Let's just hope it's true this time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwe.com
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Roddy Piper's Cancer returns, terminal.   Roddy Piper's Cancer returns, terminal. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 4:53 pm

Quote :
According to a well-placed source within World Wrestling Entertainment, Vince McMahon has informed creative to prepare to scrap a segment or two for next week's Raw as he is planning on running a few video tributes honoring the wrestling legend — just in case.
Those last 3 words just seem like a very poor choice to use in that way. It makes it seem like the WWE is making these promos expecting and hoping Roddy dies...
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2627
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Roddy Piper's Cancer returns, terminal.   Roddy Piper's Cancer returns, terminal. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 11:30 pm

Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Roddy Piper's Cancer returns, terminal.   Roddy Piper's Cancer returns, terminal. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 4:00 pm

^^I don't know what you're talking about...Very Happy

Anyways, topics merged, but this was made first, so this stays Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roddy Piper's Cancer returns, terminal.   Roddy Piper's Cancer returns, terminal. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Roddy Piper's Cancer returns, terminal.
Page 1 of 1