chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

UFC 106: Ortiz vs Griffin II

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

UFC 106: Ortiz vs Griffin II Empty
PostSubject: UFC 106: Ortiz vs Griffin II   UFC 106: Ortiz vs Griffin II Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 7:06 pm

Main Card
Light Heavyweight bout: Tito Ortiz vs. Forrest Griffin
Welterweight bout: Josh Koscheck vs. Anthony Johnson
Welterweight bout: Amir Sadollah vs. Phil Baroni
Light Heavyweight bout: Luiz Cane vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
Welterweight bout: Karo Parisyan vs. Dustin Hazelett

Preliminary Card (Spike TV)
Middleweight bout: Kendall Grove vs. Jake Rosholt
Welterweight bout: Ben Saunders vs. Marcus Davis

Preliminary Card (Non-televised)
Welterweight bout: Paulo Thiago vs. Jacob Volkmann
Welterweight bout: Brock Larson vs. Brian Foster
Lightweight bout: Caol Uno vs. Fabricio Camoes
Lightweight bout: George Sotiropoulos vs. Jason Dent

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Affliction
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Affliction

Male Number of posts : 3093
Registration date : 2007-10-13

PostSubject: Re: UFC 106: Ortiz vs Griffin II   UFC 106: Ortiz vs Griffin II Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 7:28 pm

Simple. Forrest will DESTROY Ortiz.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: UFC 106: Ortiz vs Griffin II   UFC 106: Ortiz vs Griffin II Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 7:37 pm

I haven't seen Ortiz in so long I have no clue what to expect from him. I think I'll still go with Griffin when it's all said and done, but....*shrugs*
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: UFC 106: Ortiz vs Griffin II   UFC 106: Ortiz vs Griffin II Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 11:36 pm

Affy wrote:
Simple. Forrest will DESTROY Ortiz.

Tito did not destroy Forest in the first fight. I still feel that Forest won that fight and I hope that he gets his revenge next Saturday. The last we saw Forest, he was getting KO by Silva and the last we saw Tito...I don't remeber his last UFC. I remember the second to last, when he had a draw against Evans.

Tonight, Tito blamed his lackluster fights on a back problem. I know that he had a back problem, but I hate excuses. I hope that Forest drops a fully healthy Tito next week and Tito's wife leaves him for me. Wink
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: UFC 106: Ortiz vs Griffin II   UFC 106: Ortiz vs Griffin II Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 12:40 am

Concrete Jesus wrote:

I hope that Forest drops a fully healthy Tito next week and Tito's wife leaves him for me. Wink
Well...have of that might happen. Probably not the half you wanted more though.

And on the rest of the card, I'm looking at Johnson knocking Koscheck out. Though Koscheck has improved his stand-up considerably since his TUF days, he's going to want to fall back to his wrestling to control Johnson because Johnson can knock you out at any time with either hand.

I'm also looking forward to watching Karo back in the octagon. I don't know why, but watching Judo throws is just fun as hell.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: UFC 106: Ortiz vs Griffin II   UFC 106: Ortiz vs Griffin II Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 12:35 pm

babaganoosh wrote:
Concrete Jesus wrote:

I hope that Forest drops a fully healthy Tito next week and Tito's wife leaves him for me. Wink
Well...have of that might happen. Probably not the half you wanted more though.

And on the rest of the card, I'm looking at Johnson knocking Koscheck out. Though Koscheck has improved his stand-up considerably since his TUF days, he's going to want to fall back to his wrestling to control Johnson because Johnson can knock you out at any time with either hand.

I'm also looking forward to watching Karo back in the octagon. I don't know why, but watching Judo throws is just fun as hell.

I love Karo's judo throws. He always gets me to jump off the coach when he tosses someone. Jenna is my friend on Myspace, so I am almost there Very Happy
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: UFC 106: Ortiz vs Griffin II   UFC 106: Ortiz vs Griffin II Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 2:39 pm

Friend on Myspace?! SCORE!!!!
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: UFC 106: Ortiz vs Griffin II   UFC 106: Ortiz vs Griffin II Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 4:47 pm

I am VERY close to her Razz she just doesn't know it yet.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: UFC 106: Ortiz vs Griffin II   UFC 106: Ortiz vs Griffin II Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 5:26 pm

Why? Did you print off a pic of her and put it on your pillow?
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: UFC 106: Ortiz vs Griffin II   UFC 106: Ortiz vs Griffin II Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 5:35 pm

No, that would be crazy. I sometimes sleep with a DVD cover she is on. Smile
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: UFC 106: Ortiz vs Griffin II   UFC 106: Ortiz vs Griffin II Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 8:32 pm

And Karo is out of UFC 106:

Quote :
Karo Parisyan has withdrawn from his UFC 106 bout against Dustin Hazelett, according to UFC President Dana White.

In his first Twitter message, White wrote that “Karo Parisyan has f---ed over the UFC, the fans and his opponent again!!! He will not be fighting saturday or ever again in the UFC!!”

In a second message, White stated that Parisyan “Pulled out of the fight the day before weigh ins again with a laundry list of excuses!!! Let the press ask karo why! Let him explain.”

“Let him say what he wants,” Parisyan texted to Sherdog.com before declining further comment.

NSAC Executive Director Keith Kizer told Sherdog.com Thursday that Parisyan had already been fully licensed last January and was cleared to fight this Saturday. Kizer said Parisyan had not been required to take a pre-fight drug test for the painkillers he had been flagged for in January, as they would be tested the night of the bout.

Parisyan had contacted Kizer a few weeks ago to discuss a “nagging, lingering injury,” Kizer said, and asked what proper medications he could take prior to the bout. Kizer said he instructed Parisyan that Tylenol and icing was the safest method, but encouraged the fighter to have his physician send in a letter stating his injuries and what medications he was taking for it, so the NSAC doctor could work with him.

Kizer spoke again with Parisyan within the last week to discuss a payment plan for the $32,000 fine the fighter had previously accrued. Kizer said that NSAC Chairman Pat Lundvall had agreed to disperse payment for the fine out of the fighter's show and win purse for this weekend.

“We knew (Parisyan) was having some financial difficulties and wanted to try and help him,” Kizer told Sherdog.com.

It was agreed that $16,000 would be deducted from each purse and in the case of a loss, Parisyan would make further arrangements to settle up the remaining balance. Kizer said Parisyan seemed pleased with the arrangement.

The welterweight contest between Parisyan and Hazelett was scheduled for the UFC 106 main card. White said on Twitter that Hazelett will be paid his show and win purses.
Back to top Go down
Affliction
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Affliction

Male Number of posts : 3093
Registration date : 2007-10-13

PostSubject: Re: UFC 106: Ortiz vs Griffin II   UFC 106: Ortiz vs Griffin II Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 8:35 pm

Karo is such a fucking pussy.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: UFC 106: Ortiz vs Griffin II   UFC 106: Ortiz vs Griffin II Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 4:07 pm

I only downloaded the last 2 fights of UFC 106 and saw the prelims on Spike. Random thoughts time:

George Sotiropoulos vs. Jason Dent
Impressive wrestling by Sotiropoulos, the first time I've actually watched him fight. I'd like to see him get a main card bout if he can impress 1 or 2 more times on either undercards or on Fight Nights.

Josh Koscheck vs. Anthony Johnson
If it wasn't for the eye pokes and knees to downed opponents, this would've been an even better fight. The stand-up was really good, both guys going at each other. Powerful leg kicks, solid combos, and both guys had pretty solid chins. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, while Koscheck can strike much better, he needed to use his wrestling to control Johnson and that's what he did in round 2 and that's why he won.

Tito Ortiz vs. Forrest Griffin
Ortiz looked good for the first 2 rounds, but something happened in the 3rd. I have no clue what happened because it didn't look like he was that tired, but he just didn't do anything. I'd be very intrested to see the fight statistics for that third round and how many strikes each guy had. I'd bet that Ortiz had a 10:1 ratio going for him. I had Griffin 10-8 in the 3rd, but I guess Griffin didn't dominate enough in that last round...*glares at judges*
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: UFC 106: Ortiz vs Griffin II   UFC 106: Ortiz vs Griffin II Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 4:45 pm

I only got to see the prelim fights becuase I was in the hospital, but George Sotiropoulos's ground was work was amazing.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: UFC 106: Ortiz vs Griffin II   UFC 106: Ortiz vs Griffin II Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 4:50 pm

If you want to pay to get into the Media Downloads section, I've posted links to dl UFC 106 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC 106: Ortiz vs Griffin II   UFC 106: Ortiz vs Griffin II Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

UFC 106: Ortiz vs Griffin II
Page 1 of 1