chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rookie Brandon Jennings Scores 55

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Affliction
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Affliction

Male Number of posts : 3093
Registration date : 2007-10-13

Rookie Brandon Jennings Scores 55 Empty
PostSubject: Rookie Brandon Jennings Scores 55   Rookie Brandon Jennings Scores 55 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 4:57 pm

"Brandon Jennings did not score a point in the first quarter Saturday night at the Bradley Center.

So nobody was really figuring he would wind up with a scintillating 55-point outburst, just two off the Bucks franchise record, in leading Milwaukee to a thrilling 129-125 victory over the Golden State Warriors.

Jennings scored 29 points in a third-quarter rally and hit 12 of 13 shots in the quarter in a performance that had teammates and fans alike shaking their heads in wonder.

"I've never witnessed anything like that," said Bucks forward Hakim Warrick. "He just really put the team on his back. Every shot he shot, you just knew it was going in.

"It was just his poise and confidence and the timing. There are a lot of players who can come and put up big numbers as a rookie. But to be down and to come through the way he came through makes it even more special."

Jennings broke a Bucks rookie record for scoring (51 points) set by Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (then Lew Alcindor) during the 1969-'70 season. And he was close to tying Michael Redd's single-game franchise record of 57. He became only the third Bucks player to score 50 points in a game, joining Abdul-Jabbar and Redd.

Jennings' double-nickel performance marked the most points by an NBA rookie since Earl Monroe scored 56 on Feb. 13, 1968.

"The Warriors kept going under the screens, and in the first half, I wasn't taking advantage of it," Jennings said. "In the second half, I was like, 'If they're going to keep going under screens, I'm going to shoot it until it goes into the basket.'

"Luckily, I hit the first two, and it seemed like the rim kept getting bigger and bigger and I couldn't miss."

Jennings still had enough energy to score 16 points in the final quarter, sending the Bucks (5-2) to their fourth straight victory as they held off a determined push by the offensive-minded Warriors.

Jennings drilled a three-pointer for a 124-118 lead with 34.3 seconds left, but Monta Ellis sank a three and the Bucks committed a turnover. Corey Maggette drove for a basket to pull Golden State within a point, but the Bucks held on with Luke Ridnour hitting 1 of 2 free throws, and Jennings and Charlie Bell each hitting two foul shots in the final 20 seconds.

"I was in a game when Michael (Jordan) had over 60 once with the Bulls," Bucks coach Scott Skiles said. "We just went to our pick-and-roll game and spread the floor and he got hot. Again."
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

Rookie Brandon Jennings Scores 55 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rookie Brandon Jennings Scores 55   Rookie Brandon Jennings Scores 55 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 5:22 pm

And I thought Ridnour was going to be the starter over Jennings Sad Drafted the wrong guy obviously.
Back to top Go down

Rookie Brandon Jennings Scores 55
Page 1 of 1