chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

4 man tournament on Raw, to determine Superstar of the Year

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

4 man tournament on Raw, to determine Superstar of the Year Empty
PostSubject: 4 man tournament on Raw, to determine Superstar of the Year   4 man tournament on Raw, to determine Superstar of the Year Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 7:34 pm

Quote :
WWE announced on their website that they will hold a four man tournament to determine the Superstar Of The Year Slammy Award winner.

Round 1:
CM Punk vs. John Cena
The Undertaker vs. Randy Orton

Finals:
Winner of the two matches face off. The winner will be crowned WWE Superstar Of The Year.

Taker/Orton was a great feud 4 years ago and I am looking forward to seeing their match tonight. Punk lost to Cena a couple of weeks ago, so I will be a little upset if he wins again tonight. Hopefully. Lucas Gallow will make sure that doesn't happen.
Back to top Go down
Affliction
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Affliction

Male Number of posts : 3093
Registration date : 2007-10-13

PostSubject: Re: 4 man tournament on Raw, to determine Superstar of the Year   4 man tournament on Raw, to determine Superstar of the Year Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 8:31 pm

I hope Cena doesn't win...I wouldn't mind Taker either but I want Punk to win. His feud with Jeff Hardy is probably the best this year and the TLC match was amazing. I still wonder why the didn't nominate Triple H...but eh who cares. I hope Punk vs Orton main events for tonight though.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: 4 man tournament on Raw, to determine Superstar of the Year   4 man tournament on Raw, to determine Superstar of the Year Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 11:16 pm

Orton over Taker via count out, sucked. Cena squashes Punk, sucked. Cena vs. Orton again, not a bad match, but Cena wins and that sucked.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

PostSubject: Re: 4 man tournament on Raw, to determine Superstar of the Year   4 man tournament on Raw, to determine Superstar of the Year Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 3:51 pm

Affliction wrote:
I hope Cena doesn't win...I wouldn't mind Taker either but I want Punk to win. His feud with Jeff Hardy is probably the best this year and the TLC match was amazing. I still wonder why the didn't nominate Triple H...but eh who cares. I hope Punk vs Orton main events for tonight though.

Triple H hasn't done as much as Cena, Orton, Taker, or Punk. Punk, Cena, and Orton won the WWE/World title numerous times this year and Taker came back and won it, along with retaining it in a fata four way.

Concrete Jesus wrote:
Orton over Taker via count out, sucked. Cena squashes Punk, sucked. Cena vs. Orton again, not a bad match, but Cena wins and that sucked.

I don't think Orton beating Taker via count out sucks, albeit I didn't see it. With tournments like this, I always expect some kind of cheating or cheap win. It makes more sense that Orton would get a cheap win or cheat instead of Cena.

As much as I hate Punk getting squashed can't say I'm surpised. As I predicted, after Taker took the belt off from Punk, he lost what he built up and drifted down the card. In fact, it seems Punk is usually in the first match instead of in the middle of the card. I really think WWE has dropped the ball on Punk...again. Right now, he is being used as tools for R-Truth (from what I read, the reason for the feud what to get Truth over) and Luke Gallows. Although, I think that has been pretty effective, if I was in charge, Punk wouldn't have even lost the title to Taker and probably feuding with Batista or Rey at this moment. Just sucks to see this happen to Punk.

As for Cena winning, it makes the most sense. The slammies are used for storyline purposes only, and it builds Cena up (which I guess they don't even have to do) in his rematch with Sheamus.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: 4 man tournament on Raw, to determine Superstar of the Year   4 man tournament on Raw, to determine Superstar of the Year Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 6:02 pm

Last year, they went with the unexpected and chose Jericho though and it was at the end of his WHC runs.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: 4 man tournament on Raw, to determine Superstar of the Year   4 man tournament on Raw, to determine Superstar of the Year Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 6:38 pm

Concrete Jesus wrote:
Last year, they went with the unexpected and chose Jericho though and it was at the end of his WHC runs.

If I recall, Cena was coming back at that time and in his return match was against Jericho (in which Cena won) so I assume that was to build Jericho back up after having him quickly lose then win back the belt from Batista.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: 4 man tournament on Raw, to determine Superstar of the Year   4 man tournament on Raw, to determine Superstar of the Year Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 8:31 pm

To me, the Cena choice is to obvious, especially since he lost the WWE Champshion the night before.

The thing I didn't like about the Taker vs. Orton count out is the match was very short. If they would have given it more time and then Orton gets the count out win, I would have been a lot happier with it.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: 4 man tournament on Raw, to determine Superstar of the Year   4 man tournament on Raw, to determine Superstar of the Year Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 3:14 pm

Concrete Jesus wrote:
To me, the Cena choice is to obvious, especially since he lost the WWE Champshion the night before.

Even though Cena winning was pretty obvious, I don't see a problem with that in the slightest. I mean, Sheamus won the belt at TLC, that's good enough for me.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: 4 man tournament on Raw, to determine Superstar of the Year   4 man tournament on Raw, to determine Superstar of the Year Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 4:42 pm

I wonder what is next Cena and Sheamus? In 2006, Cena lost the WWE title at New Years Revolution, to Edge, only regain it 3 weeks later, at the RR. Will Cena take the belt right back or will someone else get a title feud against Sheamus?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4 man tournament on Raw, to determine Superstar of the Year   4 man tournament on Raw, to determine Superstar of the Year Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

4 man tournament on Raw, to determine Superstar of the Year
Page 1 of 1