chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

All-Time: Greatest Toronto Blue Jay

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

All-Time: Greatest Toronto Blue Jay Empty
PostSubject: All-Time: Greatest Toronto Blue Jay   All-Time: Greatest Toronto Blue Jay Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 5:36 pm

I'm hoping I won't be the only one posting in this thread Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Affliction
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Affliction

Male Number of posts : 3093
Registration date : 2007-10-13

PostSubject: Re: All-Time: Greatest Toronto Blue Jay   All-Time: Greatest Toronto Blue Jay Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 6:21 pm

Joe Carter
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: All-Time: Greatest Toronto Blue Jay   All-Time: Greatest Toronto Blue Jay Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 6:26 pm

Joe Carter comes to mind. He lead them to 2 straight series titles, correct? 92 and 93 right.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: All-Time: Greatest Toronto Blue Jay   All-Time: Greatest Toronto Blue Jay Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 7:23 pm

Concrete Jesus wrote:
Joe Carter comes to mind. He lead them to 2 straight series titles, correct? 92 and 93 right.
Yezzir.

For me, I'm going with Halladay. Carter was a decent power hitter at around 30 HRs per season in his prime and he never hit for a high average. He probably has the biggest moment in Blue Jays history with his home run, but I think in terms of overall production, Halladay was far more dominant. While Carter was one of Toronto's best hitters (keep in mind back then, we had monster all-stars and HOFers on our team), Halladay has been probably been the best pitcher in all of baseball over the last 10 years.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: All-Time: Greatest Toronto Blue Jay   All-Time: Greatest Toronto Blue Jay Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 3:20 pm

When I think of the best, I first think of Championships. Joe Carter lead the Jays to Championships and Halladay did not. Sure, it is not Halladay's fault that the rest of the team was pretty terrible, but I always group champions with the best off all-time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All-Time: Greatest Toronto Blue Jay   All-Time: Greatest Toronto Blue Jay Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All-Time: Greatest Toronto Blue Jay
Page 1 of 1