chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

TNA title changes hands at House Show

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

TNA title changes hands at House Show Empty
PostSubject: TNA title changes hands at House Show   TNA title changes hands at House Show Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 6:42 pm

Quote :
Rob Terry won the Global Championship from Eric Young at tonight's TNA live event in Cardiff, Wales — his home country.

Young had held the title, which was formerly the Legends Championship, since October 2009.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

Male Number of posts : 8610
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: TNA title changes hands at House Show   TNA title changes hands at House Show Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 7:23 pm

Hopefully this means Young will leave World Elite and become a face.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: TNA title changes hands at House Show   TNA title changes hands at House Show Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 8:00 pm

Sykesy wrote:
Hopefully this means Young will leave World Elite and become a face.

I wonder if they will start to focus on the Global Title?
Back to top Go down
That-Damn-Good
Mid-Carder
Mid-Carder
That-Damn-Good

Male Number of posts : 453
Registration date : 2009-06-18

PostSubject: Re: TNA title changes hands at House Show   TNA title changes hands at House Show Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 9:21 pm

Eric Young bothers me. He has T-Rex arms, completely small and out of proportion to his body. Also known as Benoit Syndrome. Regardless, good for Big Rob. Rob seems like a nice guy, is jacked as fuck and has a cool haircut. I cannot complain.
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2627
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: TNA title changes hands at House Show   TNA title changes hands at House Show Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 12:43 am

I have a complaint.

The guy can't wrestle. He's the perfect stereotype of wrestlers Vince McMahon has a hard-on. I'm all for bodyguards role and that kind of stuff but at least, the guy should learn to wrestle decently before being awarded a title, even a title as insignificant as the Global Championship, a title that'll probably disappear within a matter of weeks under the Hogan-Bischoff regime.
Back to top Go down
That-Damn-Good
Mid-Carder
Mid-Carder
That-Damn-Good

Male Number of posts : 453
Registration date : 2009-06-18

PostSubject: Re: TNA title changes hands at House Show   TNA title changes hands at House Show Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 3:45 am

Oh yeah. Cause guys like CM Punk, Jeff Hardy, Mysterio or anything aren't weren't headlining PPVs for most of last year. Big guys get top spots because it sells, whatever. If people are buying tickets to see them, that's the bottom line. And I can't really think of a world champion as of late who hasn't had a good reason to be in that spot. Maybe with the exception of Khali, cause I'm sure someone will throw that out there. Regardless, Rob isn't a technical marvel. Not meant to be. He has the million dollar look. And looking good on a poster or 2 does help you in wrestling. Internet fans can jerk off to ugly people who can wrestle all they like (See: Bryan Danielson). But uglies like to cheer for other uglies cause it helps them feel like ugly people can have significance too. They can't but it helps them feel that way. Rob is custom built for promotion, so I don't see how this is a bad move at all. Especially considering how little this title means, it can't hurt anyone.
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2627
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: TNA title changes hands at House Show   TNA title changes hands at House Show Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 2:32 am

It's not as much a bad move as much as it is to give a title to a guy that allegedly isn't on Hogan & Bischoff's favorite workers' list. Perhaps than him being the Global Champion and Doug Williams being the X-Division champion means that the Brits are sort of on life support but that raises more questions to me than anything.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: TNA title changes hands at House Show   TNA title changes hands at House Show Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 3:26 am

EdgeHead wrote:
I have a complaint.

The guy can't wrestle. He's the perfect stereotype of wrestlers Vince McMahon has a hard-on. I'm all for bodyguards role and that kind of stuff but at least, the guy should learn to wrestle decently before being awarded a title, even a title as insignificant as the Global Championship, a title that'll probably disappear within a matter of weeks under the Hogan-Bischoff regime.

This guy wish he could wrestle as well as Chris Masters. It was fine when he was just the muscle for the Brits, but now he has a title. Yes, big does sell in pro-wrestling, but they need to have some skill. How many singles matches has this guy been in, on Impact or PPV? This seems very sudden to me. Maybe they did this for the UK crowd and he will lose the belt fairly quickly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TNA title changes hands at House Show   TNA title changes hands at House Show Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TNA title changes hands at House Show
Page 1 of 1