chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What If WCW never lost The Monday Night War

Go down 
+2
Sykesy
Master Of Destruction
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Master Of Destruction
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
Master Of Destruction

Male Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2009-04-23

What If WCW never lost The Monday Night War Empty
PostSubject: What If WCW never lost The Monday Night War   What If WCW never lost The Monday Night War Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 8:22 pm

Now, growing up, I was a big WCW Monday Nitro fan. And boy, was I devistated when the WWE (F at the time) bought out WCW. Now My question is, What if WWE never won the ratings war, where would today's big names like HHH, HBK, Orton, Cena, Taker, Edge, Batista, you name would be today? Would TNA exist? Would superstars like Goldberg, DDP, And others still be in the business? And what would Vinny Russo and Bischoff do with these guys?
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

Male Number of posts : 8610
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: What If WCW never lost The Monday Night War   What If WCW never lost The Monday Night War Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 8:54 pm

Topic edited, WCW won the ratings war. They were just bought out by Vince and Co.
Back to top Go down
That-Damn-Good
Mid-Carder
Mid-Carder
That-Damn-Good

Male Number of posts : 453
Registration date : 2009-06-18

PostSubject: Re: What If WCW never lost The Monday Night War   What If WCW never lost The Monday Night War Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 9:00 pm

If WCW hadn't lost the war, things would be alot different obviously. Looking at it as a role-reversal with the WWF closing it's doors and WCW surviving here. I'm sure guys like Shawn, Hunter, Taker and Edge would of been picked up and used. Edge would have probably been left in the shuffle and never headlined though but that's just my opinion. And Shawn was out with a broken back at the time, so who knows if he would have ever wrestled again?

As far as Orton, Cena and Batista go. That's hard to say. In that time period, they were likely all training down in Ohio, could be wrong but it would have been around that time since they all debuted in 02. There is no real telling. But they all have the look and I think WCW might have seen dollar signs in them. But again, no one really knows what would have become of them.

I'm sure DDP would have taken a step back by now but maybe just on a reduced schedule, not completely gone. Goldberg might still be there, that one is tough to call. I would suggest he'd be sitting at home but still making an appearance or 2 every now and then. Basically, no one has any idea what the business would be like if WCW would have won the war. Too many different things could of happened too many different ways to even guess. Is interesting to think about though.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: What If WCW never lost The Monday Night War   What If WCW never lost The Monday Night War Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 9:13 pm

Considering WCW had no idea what they were doing, most of the big names we know now probably would not have had a chance and Hogan would still be WCW WHC.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

PostSubject: Re: What If WCW never lost The Monday Night War   What If WCW never lost The Monday Night War Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 11:02 pm

My problem, is with the Time Warner/AOL merger and with WCW was going, I can't imagine it winning unless it changed up the product itself. Which even then is debatable for what the best change for the company would be. There are way too many variables in this for me to spend my time. I think I could give a couple of paragraphs just on what change they could make to improve their product. So, for the sake of me saving time, I think I'm going to stay away from this one.
Back to top Go down
free fallin(The Sorrow)
Dark Match Wrestler
Dark Match Wrestler
free fallin(The Sorrow)

Male Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2010-03-13

PostSubject: Re: What If WCW never lost The Monday Night War   What If WCW never lost The Monday Night War Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 6:39 pm

IMO i think wrestling would be turned upside down because it seemed that WCW wasent really as involved with their fans like the way WWE is and alot of stars that we know today would never have been thought of...but then again alot of the stars we know today actually came From WCW..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What If WCW never lost The Monday Night War   What If WCW never lost The Monday Night War Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What If WCW never lost The Monday Night War
Page 1 of 1