chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Joey Styles comments on the end of ECW

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Joey Styles comments on the end of ECW Empty
PostSubject: Joey Styles comments on the end of ECW   Joey Styles comments on the end of ECW Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 6:24 pm

Quote :
Joey Styles Comments on ECW Resurrection, His Fears Confirmed and More
Posted by: Wrestling-Radio.com

Joey Styles Posted on his WWE Universe Account the following comments on the end of ECW:

On the rebirth of the letters: "I feel both ECW and my announcing career should have been retired after the ECW One Night Stand pay-per-view in 2005. WWE was classy enough to give everyone who was every involved with the Original ECW, all of us who worked for the promotion and the rabid fans who made ECW, the closure we all emotionally craved. When I heard the success of the ECW One Night Stand 2005 was going to be the catalyst for the re-birth of a WWE owned ECW (or WWECW as we ECW Originals and Original ECW fans called it), I felt strongly that it wasn't going to resonate with WWE or ECW fans. The Original ECW was a gritty and underground pro wrestling alternative to WWE's perfectly produced global entertainment product."

The new ECW's failure to grow: "As I feared would happen, ECW becoming WWE's third brand didn’t resonate with either Original ECW fans or WWE fans. The resulting hybrid was a huge fiscal success but struggled creatively for years. Thanks to the third (and current) ECW writing team of Ed Koskey and Jen Bloodsworth, ECW finally discovered and solidified its identity as the launching pad to Raw and SmackDown for young talent like CM Punk, Sheamus, Evan Bourne, Kofi Kingston, Jack Swagger and many others. Still, the star-making show being named ECW was still more a hindrance than a help because it always drew comparisons to the Fight Club-like, Original ECW."

The Highlight of the relaunched ECW: "In my opinion, the greatest thing that came from WWE's ECW was ECW Originals Tommy Dreamer, The Sandman and Sabu finally wrestling for a global TV audience and earning the career validation they deserved when they joined Rob Van Dam at WrestleMania
23 at Ford Field in Detroit. The three greatest moments of my announcing career were the Original ECW's Barely Legal pay-per-view, WWE's ECW One Night Stand 2005 pay-per-view and Taz and I calling The ECW Originals defeating the New Breed at WrestleMania 23 in front of 80,000 fans chanting "ECW!" The credit for that match belongs to both Paul Heyman and Vince McMahon."

What a classy way for Styles to respond to this. It is great that he gives Vince credit for giving the ECW Orginals a little run in the WWE.
Back to top Go down

Joey Styles comments on the end of ECW
Page 1 of 1