chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What If: Instead of WWE bringing back ECW as a third brand they brought Nitro?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Master Of Destruction
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
Master Of Destruction

Male Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2009-04-23

What If: Instead of WWE bringing back ECW as a third brand they brought Nitro? Empty
PostSubject: What If: Instead of WWE bringing back ECW as a third brand they brought Nitro?   What If: Instead of WWE bringing back ECW as a third brand they brought Nitro? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 8:24 pm

You know the deal, I'll express later.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

What If: Instead of WWE bringing back ECW as a third brand they brought Nitro? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What If: Instead of WWE bringing back ECW as a third brand they brought Nitro?   What If: Instead of WWE bringing back ECW as a third brand they brought Nitro? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 11:19 pm

The brand might have greater success. When people see the letters ECW, they are expecting to see certian things and when they turned on the latest version of ECW, they were disapointed. When the brand was brought back, it did resemble ECW in a some ways, but that quickly changed. I think they should have changed the brand name long ago. I think that would have made it more successful in the long run. And what a slap in the face to Bisch that would have been right. Even better, they could have had Bisch be the GM of Nitro and he would have been working for the man he is supposedly more creative then once again.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

PostSubject: Re: What If: Instead of WWE bringing back ECW as a third brand they brought Nitro?   What If: Instead of WWE bringing back ECW as a third brand they brought Nitro? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 11:12 am

I wonder what the design for there championship would be? I mean, the big gold design (which is what's called) has been used by WWE for quite some time. Now, quite a few things I'll bring up here...

I find it hard to believe that WWE would have Nitro brought back to any form of glory. WCW was big competiton to Vince and I can't see him bringing back Nitro in a good way. I do think the idea could be very huge but WWE has dropped the ball on stuff like this before. Done correctly, like if they get Bischoff as GM and give him some creative power backstage, it could be very entertaining and excited, kind of like when WWECW started and they gave Heyman on scree role and some creative power backstage. If you noticed WWECW changed quite a bit after Heyman left, albeit it started to change before he left.

With WWECW, everyone did have a certain image of what the product was going to be, as CJ said. What's really disappointing is that Van Dam even went to Vince and told him he is ruining it, to which Vince stated something like, "Nobody remembers the old ECW". I can't remember how RVD worded what Vince said exactly. Something funny about that, is when Van Dam was trying to prove his point, he asked him something about the chants of ECW when tables or weapons were brought out. Which I believe his reply was, "The chant that because I want them to" Something like that. I watched the interview a year ago I can't be expected to quote everything exact. As I was saying though, when you take that away, and morph it into another Raw or Smackdown, you pretty much doomed the product. Not that people won't still watch it but the millions that got the DVD that lead to this, probably won't be watching.

With Nitro, I don't think they'd have that problem. Due to the little war, I'd still see it being ended by now but I think the product may have garnered a bit more of success. I think the idea of focusiong on building new stars on there would probably of surfaced sooner than it did on WWECW. I'll also venture into saying that I think the cruiserweight title would still be around. I think WWE might of placed Helms on there to give Nitro another title. That might just be wishful thinking though.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: What If: Instead of WWE bringing back ECW as a third brand they brought Nitro?   What If: Instead of WWE bringing back ECW as a third brand they brought Nitro? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 11:44 am

When WWE first brought back ECW, it got very good ratings. ECW averaged about 2.79 for the first 13 weeks. Then it changed dramatically. It became a vehicle to push Lashley, they did very little "extreme" at that point, and most of the ECW Orginals were gone. The end of ECW really came after the December to Dismember PPV. After that PPV failed and sucked, Heyman was out. I am not saying the problem was Heyman, but he got the blame for the crappy PPV and he was out. Hell, the PPV came up 20 mins short of the time Heyman was given. If you watch that thing, it only last about 2:25 mins or so.

After ECW was successful, they should have changed the brand name years ago. They got people hooked with the first 3 months, they should have come up with a different brand name for exactly the same show. ECW did build new stars, so it was successful in that regard and it did give Christian a chance to carry a roster and get himself familar with the WWE Universe again.
Back to top Go down
free fallin(The Sorrow)
Dark Match Wrestler
Dark Match Wrestler
free fallin(The Sorrow)

Male Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2010-03-13

PostSubject: Re: What If: Instead of WWE bringing back ECW as a third brand they brought Nitro?   What If: Instead of WWE bringing back ECW as a third brand they brought Nitro? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 6:32 pm

I think if Nitro would have been picked rather the ECW we would of had a much better turn out because when people heard ECW coming back they thought it would have been similar to the original, but instead most of the stars that made ECW what it was have moved on.

But then again i wouldent really want to see nitro back im glad they picked ECW because we now have NXT in its place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What If: Instead of WWE bringing back ECW as a third brand they brought Nitro?   What If: Instead of WWE bringing back ECW as a third brand they brought Nitro? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What If: Instead of WWE bringing back ECW as a third brand they brought Nitro?
Page 1 of 1