chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Why did Shawn Michaels' World Title Reign end too soon?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
tnalockdownfan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2467
Registration date : 2008-04-09

Why did Shawn Michaels' World Title Reign end too soon? Empty
PostSubject: Why did Shawn Michaels' World Title Reign end too soon?   Why did Shawn Michaels' World Title Reign end too soon? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 1:18 am

Hey guys,

If you're a fan of Shawn Michaels, then this is for you:

Now, in the fall of 2002, Shawn Michaels won the World Heavyweight Championship for the very 1st time in the very 1st ever Elimination Chamber @ the 2002 Survivor Series PPV against Triple H, Chris Jericho, RVD, Booker T. and Kane

When HBK became the last man in the Elimination Chamber, he won the World Heavyweight Title and it was his 1st Survivor Series Match in 5 years

But, 4 weeks later, HBK lost the World Heavyweight Title to Triple H @ Armageddon in a 2 out of 3 Falls Match

Triple H won the 1st fall-The Street Fight and HBK won the 2nd fall-The Steel Cage Match, but Triple H won the 3rd and final fall in the Ladder Match

But since then, HBK (like Randy Orton @ Summerslam 2004) held the World Heavyweight Championship for 4 consecutive weeks

and Michaels has only defended the belt once on RAW the week after the 2002 Survivor Series against RVD (who won a Triple Threat #1 Contender's Match the night after Survivor Series against Booker T. and Chris Jericho)

and so, I want to ask you all this:

Why did Shawn Michaels Reign as World Heavyweight Champion ended too soon?

That's the Question!

Please share your thoughts on this.

Why did Shawn Michaels' World Title Reign end too soon? 96-1
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

Male Number of posts : 8610
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Why did Shawn Michaels' World Title Reign end too soon?   Why did Shawn Michaels' World Title Reign end too soon? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 1:39 am

Because WWE wanted to push younger talent (HHH, Angle, Lesnar) etc. Not hard to figure out really.
Back to top Go down
tnalockdownfan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Why did Shawn Michaels' World Title Reign end too soon?   Why did Shawn Michaels' World Title Reign end too soon? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 1:43 am

Well after Triple H won the belt, the WWE had Triple H take on WCW Guys Scott Steiner, Booker T., Kevin Nash and Goldberg to try and draw WCW Fans to the screen, but that didn't work

SD! was doing better @ the time w/their Heavyweight Division than RAW in my view
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: Why did Shawn Michaels' World Title Reign end too soon?   Why did Shawn Michaels' World Title Reign end too soon? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 1:46 am

No, It didn't work for YOU. Unless you make up WCW's fanbase (If you were watching it in 2001 then that is probably right) then it did work. I was intrested in Nash and Godberg, I was a WCW fan. So IT DID WORK!
Back to top Go down
That-Damn-Good
Mid-Carder
Mid-Carder
That-Damn-Good

Male Number of posts : 453
Registration date : 2009-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Why did Shawn Michaels' World Title Reign end too soon?   Why did Shawn Michaels' World Title Reign end too soon? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 1:58 am

Gotta go with Sykes on this one. Shawn lost cause they were just heading in a different direction. And it resulted in Jericho vs Shawn at Mania, so I can't say it was a bad thing. The WCW guys in 2003, I found entertaining as well. Nash, Goldberg and Steiner were all cool to see. Goldberg had a short run in WWE but I did really enjoy it. Steiner was awesome just for the laughs. His feud with Triple H is still one of the most awesome things ever, ha. But that's another issue, point is that Shawn lost cause they were going on to do other things, just the nature of the business.
Back to top Go down
tnalockdownfan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Why did Shawn Michaels' World Title Reign end too soon?   Why did Shawn Michaels' World Title Reign end too soon? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 2:03 am

Sykesy wrote:
No, It didn't work for YOU. Unless you make up WCW's fanbase (If you were watching it in 2001 then that is probably right) then it did work. I was intrested in Nash and Godberg, I was a WCW fan. So IT DID WORK!

I wasn't talking about me, I was talking about the ones that I talked to from other forums, I didn't say anything about me.

That's why, when it came to the Heavyweight Division, SD! was the place b/c of Brock Lesnar/Big Show/Kurt Angle

and personally, I think that the WCW Guys could've went to SD! instead and we would've saw Lesnar vs. Scott Steiner

But also, I was SO glad that Goldberg took the World Title away from Triple H (since I can't stand him)

Last edited by tnalockdownfan on Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Why did Shawn Michaels' World Title Reign end too soon?   Why did Shawn Michaels' World Title Reign end too soon? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 2:04 am

You all are making very good points, but I would like to add this. Since Shawn has been back in WWE, he has pretty much worked a reduced schedule. If the Champ is not going to be on the road, then they probably should not be the Champ. I know Goldberg held the WHC for about 3 months and he did very few house shows and Taker held the belt for 5 months, doing very little wrestling. I feel that the Champ should be headlining every WWE card, TV, PPV, or house show.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: Why did Shawn Michaels' World Title Reign end too soon?   Why did Shawn Michaels' World Title Reign end too soon? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 2:04 am

No one cares about your "friends" on other forums. Please stay there. Plus Lesnar Vs Steiner would have been one botch fest. Lesnar would of never got over the same if this was the case
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: Why did Shawn Michaels' World Title Reign end too soon?   Why did Shawn Michaels' World Title Reign end too soon? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 2:05 am

True CJ, But 2002 was not when HBK had a reduced schedule.
Back to top Go down
tnalockdownfan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Why did Shawn Michaels' World Title Reign end too soon?   Why did Shawn Michaels' World Title Reign end too soon? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 2:06 am

Concrete Jesus wrote:
You all are making very good points, but I would like to add this. Since Shawn has been back in WWE, he has pretty much worked a reduced schedule. If the Champ is not going to be on the road, then they probably should not be the Champ. I know Goldberg held the WHC for about 3 months and he did very few house shows and Taker held the belt for 5 months, doing very little wrestling. I feel that the Champ should be headlining every WWE card, TV, PPV, or house show.

You have a point, there, too.

When Benoit had the World Title, he was on the road and he even held the belt for 5 months and the same can be said about Batista during his 1st reign as World Heavyweight Champion and the same goes for Booker T., Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy, CM Punk, John Cena, Chris Jericho and others who have held the belt.
Back to top Go down
tnalockdownfan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Why did Shawn Michaels' World Title Reign end too soon?   Why did Shawn Michaels' World Title Reign end too soon? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 2:07 am

Sykesy wrote:
No one cares about your "friends" on other forums. Please stay there. Plus Lesnar Vs Steiner would have been one botch fest. Lesnar would of never got over the same if this was the case

Sykesy, let's not start a fight

I was only making a point and also, what is your problem?
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Why did Shawn Michaels' World Title Reign end too soon?   Why did Shawn Michaels' World Title Reign end too soon? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 2:15 am

Sykesy wrote:

Had it happened in 03 and Brock was the face, it could have worked. Stiener went after the biggest heel on Raw and his fan support died realy quickly. It was fun up until it came to the matches and Stiener was just plain dull in the ring. HHH was the clear heel in that feud and he still got a good crowd reaction, and in their last match, he got a better pop when he came to the ring and when he won. Stieners freaks and peaks act got real old, real fast, and dropped off to the mid-card real fast.
Back to top Go down
tnalockdownfan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Why did Shawn Michaels' World Title Reign end too soon?   Why did Shawn Michaels' World Title Reign end too soon? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 2:17 am

Concrete Jesus wrote:
Sykesy wrote:

Had it happened in 03 and Brock was the face, it could have worked. Stiener went after the biggest heel on Raw and his fan support died realy quickly. It was fun up until it came to the matches and Stiener was just plain dull in the ring. HHH was the clear heel in that feud and he still got a good crowd reaction, and in their last match, he got a better pop when he came to the ring and when he won. Stieners freaks and peaks act got real old, real fast, and dropped off to the mid-card real fast.

Well I respect your opinion, but still, I think that he should've went to SD! and that would've been the Battle of the Suplex Masters and plus, both men have Ameteur Backgrounds

But hey, @ least I enjoyed Goldberg taking the World Title from Triple H

No offense to you CJ since I am a fan of the old WCW

Now, getting back to the task @ hand, HBK losing the World Title did had something to do with his reduced schedule

Last edited by tnalockdownfan on Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
That-Damn-Good
Mid-Carder
Mid-Carder
That-Damn-Good

PostSubject: Re: Why did Shawn Michaels' World Title Reign end too soon?   Why did Shawn Michaels' World Title Reign end too soon? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 2:27 am

Oh god. Steiner being considered the master of anything, let alone suplexes is a joke. Almost all of the suplexes he did in his WWE run ended up botched with the guy almost being dropped on his head, ha. Steiner vs Angle/Lesnar would have been horrible because Steiner simply wouldn't of been able to keep up with them. Like CJ said as well, Steiner was over to begin with and then it just all stopped. Triple H was getting cheered over him during both of their PPV matches. Which is why they turned him heel pretty quickly and teamed him with Test after their program together.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: Why did Shawn Michaels' World Title Reign end too soon?   Why did Shawn Michaels' World Title Reign end too soon? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 2:37 am

tnalockdownfan wrote:
HBK losing the World Title did had something to do with his reduced schedule

For god's sakes. It had NOTHING to do with his reduced schedule. In 2003 he come out to Australia for the 'Ruthless Aggression Tour'. Do you know how many people do not come out for the australian tours. LOL.

HBK was doing more house shows then anyone up until late 2003.

And my problem is you. You say you leave but you do not. It's not fair.
Back to top Go down
tnalockdownfan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Why did Shawn Michaels' World Title Reign end too soon?   Why did Shawn Michaels' World Title Reign end too soon? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 2:48 am

anywho, I think that Shawn Michaels peaked just came when he won the World Title @ Survivor Series, but to be honest with you, that was the only time that I liked the Elimination Chamber Match and that was the very 1st Survivor Series
Back to top Go down
That-Damn-Good
Mid-Carder
Mid-Carder
That-Damn-Good

PostSubject: Re: Why did Shawn Michaels' World Title Reign end too soon?   Why did Shawn Michaels' World Title Reign end too soon? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 2:55 am

On a sidenote, I have to laugh at Shawn's brown pants. They are legendarily awful.
Back to top Go down
tnalockdownfan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Why did Shawn Michaels' World Title Reign end too soon?   Why did Shawn Michaels' World Title Reign end too soon? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 3:02 am

That-Damn-Good wrote:
On a sidenote, I have to laugh at Shawn's brown pants. They are legendarily awful.

I couldn't agree with you more and of course, I'm not a Shawn Michaels Fan
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: Why did Shawn Michaels' World Title Reign end too soon?   Why did Shawn Michaels' World Title Reign end too soon? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 3:03 am

That-Damn-Good wrote:

Oh yes, Absolutely. With the 'H-B-K' down the side. They were so 50's.

I didn't get what he was going with there.
Back to top Go down
That-Damn-Good
Mid-Carder
Mid-Carder
That-Damn-Good

PostSubject: Re: Why did Shawn Michaels' World Title Reign end too soon?   Why did Shawn Michaels' World Title Reign end too soon? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 3:05 am

The story was apparently that the pants weren't finished. Would have been ugly regardless though. I mean, they were brown. Made him look like a walking skid mark or something. Not good.
Back to top Go down
K.Smoke
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
K.Smoke

Male Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2008-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Why did Shawn Michaels' World Title Reign end too soon?   Why did Shawn Michaels' World Title Reign end too soon? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 1:45 am

truth be told and some of you guys not going to like this but HBK just like The Hitman was just a interim champion. I'm not going to say paper champion because he's one of my favorite wrestlers of all time and he always put on a great show even in matches you wouldn't normally care for. But Vince is a power guy. Always picking hulks to represent the brand. Once in a while he brings a smaller guy out like bret, hbk, rey and even Jeff Hardy but for the most part he's always looking for the big guy. you'll only see big guys and villians with long reigns. Its Vinces way with things.
Back to top Go down
http://WWE.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why did Shawn Michaels' World Title Reign end too soon?   Why did Shawn Michaels' World Title Reign end too soon? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why did Shawn Michaels' World Title Reign end too soon?
Page 1 of 1