chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What Will The NXT Winner Get?

Go down 
+2
Concrete Jesus
Sykesy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

Male Number of posts : 8610
Registration date : 2007-10-06

What Will The NXT Winner Get? Empty
PostSubject: What Will The NXT Winner Get?   What Will The NXT Winner Get? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 4:51 pm

F4WOnline.com is reporting that WWE has yet to decide what the NXT winner will receive which is why no actual "prize" has been announced on the show yet. One idea is to have the winner of the show earn a Raw contract and the runner-up win a Smackdown contract. However, that idea is not a favorite amongst Smackdown talent as they do not want WWE to openly acknowledge that Smackdown is inferior to Raw. A second idea being tossed around is to have 2 winners of the show, with one winner going to Raw and the other going to Smackdown.

I personally think they should go with the latter.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: What Will The NXT Winner Get?   What Will The NXT Winner Get? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 5:01 pm

One to Raw and one to SD sounds reasonable, unless the SD winner sucks. If Bryan goes to SD, there is a built in feud with Jericho and if he goes to Raw, there is a feud with Miz. Either way, we all win.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

PostSubject: Re: What Will The NXT Winner Get?   What Will The NXT Winner Get? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 5:09 pm

I'd rather just have one winner and that person to pick what brand he wants to be on. Mainly because from the first episode I saw, Daniel Bryan was the only one who even did anything for me out of all of them. Otunga I like gimmick wise but his match wasn't good. Maybe when I see what the second episode that will change my mind.

Out of these two ideas, only the second one is good. The first idea is just a slap in the face of Smackdown, which has been better quality wise for about a year now. Just showcase both as equal.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: What Will The NXT Winner Get?   What Will The NXT Winner Get? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 5:14 pm

SD is not inferior to Raw. Otunga look better last night, but he does have a ways to go. You have to remember, these guys were plucked straight out of FCW. Skip whats his name did not look good at all, but there are 2 or 3 "seasons" on NXT a year, so that would mean about 20-26 episodes in a year. They have a 52 show a year contract right now. That is a long time for them to get better in a larger stage in the WWE. If they still suck, they go back to FCW. The only one of theses guys that is not a true rookie is Bryan.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

Male Number of posts : 8610
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: What Will The NXT Winner Get?   What Will The NXT Winner Get? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 5:27 pm

Concrete Jesus wrote:
One to Raw and one to SD sounds reasonable, unless the SD winner sucks. If Bryan goes to SD, there is a built in feud with Jericho and if he goes to Raw, there is a feud with Miz. Either way, we all win.

well said CJ.

Although, Smackdown technically is the B show. Yes I find it better but Raw has always and will always be the Flagship of WWE
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: What Will The NXT Winner Get?   What Will The NXT Winner Get? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 5:39 pm

Raw is the flagship, but SD has better wrestling. I would rather see Bryan on SD because that is where he will really get a chance to wrestle. That stupid guest host gimmick gets in the way of longer match, on Raw. Usually, SD gives at least 15 mins to the main event, every week. Raw gives the main even about 10 mins every week.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: What Will The NXT Winner Get?   What Will The NXT Winner Get? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 6:17 pm

I'd like to see the winner get a shot at either the US title or the IC title. Gives them a quick push to whatever brand they go to without throwing them into the main event right away.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: What Will The NXT Winner Get?   What Will The NXT Winner Get? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 6:51 pm

I think it is obvious Bryan will win the show and I think he will get a mid-card title shot very quickly. They are setting up a Miz/Bryan feud right now, on NXT.
Back to top Go down
Ashley
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Ashley

Female Number of posts : 2536
Registration date : 2008-11-21

PostSubject: Re: What Will The NXT Winner Get?   What Will The NXT Winner Get? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 9:18 pm

I just watched this for the first time this week and I cease to follow everything about it XD.

But I think there should be a winner and a runner-up. The winner chooses his brand and the runner-up gets whatever the other.

i.e 1st place picks SD, so 2nd place goes to Raw.
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2627
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: What Will The NXT Winner Get?   What Will The NXT Winner Get? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 12:22 am

Personally, just let the "winner" choose which brand to compete in, like the winner of Money in the Bank chooses the champion he wants to face. It's crystal clear anyway that Bryan and Otunga are the top stars on NXT so they'll end up going on the main roster, even though I still feel that Justin Gabriel has a legit chance of making it too.

The last thing I wanna see is another "subtle" hint that Smackdown is the "inferior" show. I think we all get that Vince wants to focus on RAW rather than Smackdown, no need to rub it in the face of Smackdown talent who might feel differently.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Will The NXT Winner Get?   What Will The NXT Winner Get? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Will The NXT Winner Get?
Page 1 of 1