chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What If: There was never a WWE Brand extension?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

What If: There was never a WWE Brand extension? Empty
PostSubject: What If: There was never a WWE Brand extension?   What If: There was never a WWE Brand extension? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 4:52 pm

As I am sure everyone knows, Monday Night Raw was first, then about 5 years later, they added Sunday Night Heat. In the Fall of 99, WWE introduced WWE Smackdown. When SD first came to air, it was an extension of Raw and there was no seperate roster. You would see the same wrestler and the same storylines on Raw and SD. Then, after WM 18, WWE had a Brand Extension Draft on Raw. Some stay on Raw, some went to SD, and the Champions got to chose which brand they were on. We are coming up on the 8 year anniversary of the first ever Draft Lottery. My question is, what would have happened had WWE not "seperated" the brands and the rosters. Hopefully this gets some debate going and someone other then myself and Y2JX reply to this question. I will add my thoughts soon.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

PostSubject: Re: What If: There was never a WWE Brand extension?   What If: There was never a WWE Brand extension? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 1:48 am

Ok, so this is how I see it...

On the positive side, the main event scene will have more variety. Sure, it would still consist of the same guys but they will no longer be separated on two brands. We could see Edge vs. Trips, Taker vs. Cena, Shawn vs. Tista, on multiple occasions through the year for the WWE title. Also, the storylines would be better, in theory. Why? With two shows a week of the same stars, the storylines have more time to develop and lead to more hype for PPVs. For newer stars, the few (I'll elaborate on the negetives) they choose, they'll have more time to build them up and, in theory, get them to the main event scene faster.

On the negetive side, pretty much everything else, I can think of. Firstly, the title match having more variety. Yes, this was on the positives but it's on the negetives for a reason aswell. It'd be ridiculous to think WWE wouldn't have the card filled up with the most popular stars. So, pretty much every Raw and Smackdown will have Cena, Trips, Tista, Edge, Jericho, Orton, Shawn, & Taker (last two for a lesser extent). The reason this is a problem is they'll be taking up more time of the shows. Leaving less time for the newer stars. Right now, it's seems like most of the matches aren't filled up with main eventers. Which is because they had to be allocated pretty much equally, with them all being able to show up on either show, they will. I see it as less chance for new guys to shine. There will also be less championships. This goes back to less time to shine. With more people targeting a certain belt, the titles will most likely change hands much quicker. As WWE will want to push multiple superstars. On the plus, I guess that means McCool wouldn't of held the Womens title that long but neither would someone like Mickie James.

I know I've been applying this more to today but I'm mainly just using it as an example. Something that comes to mind, what about WWECW? Most likely, that would still be brought back due to all the success, so would that not have a separate roster or would it be included in all this? I'm not really sure, since WWECW originally, or at least was said, to be an alternative to WWE inside WWE. Which it was in the earlier days of the rebirth but that's another thread I might make later.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: What If: There was never a WWE Brand extension?   What If: There was never a WWE Brand extension? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 2:41 pm

First off, there would be no WHC or US Championship. Cena, Orton, and Edge would not have won the World Title nearly as many times and either would Taker. 3 time WHC CM Punk? That would have never happened. He would probably be 5 time IC Champ instead. WWE Champion Sheamus, probably not. WWE Champion Eddie, not likely. JBL, I don't think so. WHC Kahli, no way and that would have been a good thing. Would Beniot have been a World Champion? I would say that would not have changed. Would HBK have won the WHC at SS? That would mean they would have had to take it away from Brock and he was the future at that moment.

I also think that having seperate rosters makes the duel brand PPV much more intriging. There would have been no Bragging Rights or SD vs. Raw at SS. Having seperate rosters makes it a special occasion when big stars show up on Raw or SD. DX on SD a few times a year, special. DX on SD every week, not special. Taker on Raw a few times a year, special. Taker on Raw and SD every week, not special. When they first did the brand extension, I was not exactly happy because the rosters were spread too think. The undercard matches on SD and Raw PPV's were not very good. After 8 years, I see why they did and it has made the WWE much better. Where would Dolph and Morrison be without SD? Buried on the mid-card, doing Superstars week in and week out. McIntyre as IC Champion, not likely.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

PostSubject: Re: What If: There was never a WWE Brand extension?   What If: There was never a WWE Brand extension? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 3:13 pm

Plus it's doubtful Cena would have that over a year long championship reign, and that was a great reign, despite me being a little negetive durning it. One question that popped into my mind was who'd get the World title push at Mania, Batista or Cena? With the brand extension, both were able to get it at the same time but with only one main championship, who'd they pick? Looking at the success Cena has had and how much they've pushed him, I'd assume Cena but Batista had much more of a storyline reason to win the championship.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: What If: There was never a WWE Brand extension?   What If: There was never a WWE Brand extension? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 3:43 pm

The Batista/HHH storyline was the domminate story and domminate match of WM. Cena would have had many title reigns by now, but I don't think it would have happened then. Evolution falling apart was the main thing in the WWE, for sevral months. Or Cena could have been in that match, with HHH and Batista, but I still think Batista would have won.
Back to top Go down
Master Of Destruction
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
Master Of Destruction

Male Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: What If: There was never a WWE Brand extension?   What If: There was never a WWE Brand extension? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 5:27 pm

See, once again CJ and Y2J X are the only ones to respond. My thoughts are like so, I loved the idea of the different superstars on their respected brands. II just have on thing to say. If the extention happened after 'Mania X8, then why on the WWE RAW 2 vidoe game, on season mode, do you end up getting a match on both brands each week?
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: What If: There was never a WWE Brand extension?   What If: There was never a WWE Brand extension? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 5:57 pm

^^I don't know.
Back to top Go down
Master Of Destruction
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
Master Of Destruction

Male Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: What If: There was never a WWE Brand extension?   What If: There was never a WWE Brand extension? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 5:59 pm

Your Jesus, aren't you supposed to know all?
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

Male Number of posts : 8610
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: What If: There was never a WWE Brand extension?   What If: There was never a WWE Brand extension? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 6:13 pm

ayatollahofrocknrolla wrote:
See, once again CJ and Y2J X are the only ones to respond.

Well doing something about it, get members here. I am sick of hearing about Y2J X and CJ being the only posters. I post in stuff I get time to post in and I do plan on posting in all these topics when and if I get time. If you are annoyed bout CJ and Y2J X being the only ones posting then get members on CGS.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: What If: There was never a WWE Brand extension?   What If: There was never a WWE Brand extension? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 6:53 pm

ayatollahofrocknrolla wrote:
Your Jesus, aren't you supposed to know all?

Actually, I can probably give you a good geuss on that. The format of the game was already set and it would have cost them in delaying the game and restarting the format. For the most part, the games are locked in by WM and they can't change much and get it on the shelves in time for Christmas.
Back to top Go down
free fallin(The Sorrow)
Dark Match Wrestler
Dark Match Wrestler
free fallin(The Sorrow)

Male Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2010-03-13

PostSubject: Re: What If: There was never a WWE Brand extension?   What If: There was never a WWE Brand extension? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 6:25 pm

i think if we never had the brand extension we would not have noticed alot of the younger stars that we have to day and it would have been to crowded..not enough push for other stars
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What If: There was never a WWE Brand extension?   What If: There was never a WWE Brand extension? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What If: There was never a WWE Brand extension?
Page 1 of 1