chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

AJ Styles to headline Indy show

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

AJ Styles to headline Indy show Empty
PostSubject: AJ Styles to headline Indy show   AJ Styles to headline Indy show Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 5:07 pm

Quote :
TNA World Heavyweight Champion AJ Styles and "The Beautiful People" member Velvet Sky headline tonight's Purks International Championship Wrestling show in Cedartown, Georgia. "The Phenomenal One" is advertised to wrestle former tag partner Air Paris, who briefly appeared in World Championship Wrestling. Meanwhile, Sky will take on former WWE developmental wrestler Tracy Taylor. Also scheduled to appear is former TNA wrestler David Young

This is kinda pathetic in a way. The very best TNA has is still doing Indy stuff and do you think Jericho would even entertain the thought of wrestling for a couple grand, at some Indy thing. No way. WWE would pay him more then that to not wrestle at some Indy thing. What happens if AJ gets hurt in some high school gym?
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

Male Number of posts : 8610
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: AJ Styles to headline Indy show   AJ Styles to headline Indy show Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 6:16 pm

OK, Firstly that is just ignorant CJ. AJ Styles and most of the TNA roster have been wrestling Indy's the whole time. Why is it so bad? It doesn't make TNA look poor. it makes TNA look better by showing that the wrestlers do not forget how and where they started out. Just because Vince is over protective of his guys doesn't mean you have to hate on it. It is actually great seeing "the young Bucks", "AJ Styles" and "Motorcity Machine Guns" appear at an Indy show every month or so. This shows that they wrestle for the love of the sport and not the paychecks like some.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: AJ Styles to headline Indy show   AJ Styles to headline Indy show Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 6:16 pm

** TOPIC MOVED **
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

PostSubject: Re: AJ Styles to headline Indy show   AJ Styles to headline Indy show Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 6:46 pm

I don't really see the point in even arguing if this is good or not. I can't really see what it matters if AJ or any TNA guy wrestlers an indy show because it's not going to affect the vast majority of wrestling fans or pull any significant amount of people into watching TNA. It sure as hell isn't going to be a reason for people to stop watching TNA, either. With that being said, if TNA lets the wrestlers wrestle for indies from time to time, then let them. I don't see a problem with it.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: AJ Styles to headline Indy show   AJ Styles to headline Indy show Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 6:48 pm

It does make them look bush league. No way WWE would risk there main event on some tiny Indy thing. " AJ Styles and most of the TNA roster have been wrestling Indy's the whole time." It makes them look minor league and has for years now. They are about to go head to head with the biggest wrestling promotion in the world and TNA talent are being wasted in front of 500 people. No way. You can say that makes me "ignorant" if you want, but you are the one being short sited. Tell me, what if the TNA WHC blows out a knee? How good is that going to make TNA look? Serious injuries can happen at anytime, just ask Edge. He wasn't even doing much when he blew out his heel. If TNA talent wants to "remember where they came from." They could appear at this thing and even do a run in of some sort, by why risk the future of your company on some Indy promotion?
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: AJ Styles to headline Indy show   AJ Styles to headline Indy show Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 6:52 pm

Well why do House Shows? Chances re just the same. Every night wrestlers are risking there body. It is the risk you take but look at an Indy match. there do not go full out and are usually quite short matches. There is more risk in house shows then at indy events.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: AJ Styles to headline Indy show   AJ Styles to headline Indy show Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 6:56 pm

If they get hurt at a house show, they are getting hurt at a WWE house show and not in some high school gym someplace. Why has this provoked my ire? Because TNA has been taking shots at WWE for months and this Monday, they are going right at them. Meanwhile, there talent is doing some Indy thing.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: AJ Styles to headline Indy show   AJ Styles to headline Indy show Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 6:57 pm

You do know most indy shows are not in a high school gym right? Michael Cole knows nothing about the indy leagues. Please build knowledge about a situation instead of getting a line of NXT.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: AJ Styles to headline Indy show   AJ Styles to headline Indy show Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 7:00 pm

High School gyms, bingo halls, junior collage basketball gyms, I have seen many of Indy things inside place just like that. Styles is at the very top of the second biggest promotion in the world. Anyone of those venues is way below him. If EY is doing this things, so what. We are talking about the top guy in the whole promotion.
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2627
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: AJ Styles to headline Indy show   AJ Styles to headline Indy show Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 3:41 am

It was David Young, not Eric Young.

As far as this discussion goes, I never saw any problem with top guys in TNA or ROH work indy shows like that. Mostly because these are the kind of stars that not only will attract new people to attend your promotion's shows but new fans can suddently take interest into TNA or ROH, so it's a win-win situation.

Working House shows or Indy shows, it's the same thing when you think about it. Some TNA or WWE house shows draw numbers than some indy shows draw as well. So, for me, it's no difference.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AJ Styles to headline Indy show   AJ Styles to headline Indy show Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AJ Styles to headline Indy show
Page 1 of 1