chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Why ECW failed

Go down 
+3
Schiffer
That-Damn-Good
K.Smoke
7 posters
AuthorMessage
K.Smoke
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
K.Smoke

Male Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2008-11-22

Why ECW failed Empty
PostSubject: Why ECW failed   Why ECW failed Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 4:42 am

In my opinion i think the problem with ECW was

1. Vince kept the name ECW didn't live up to it and didn't want the name to get to big over WWE

2. Not enough gold

How could they go so long with only a ECW champion. At first when it seemed like the D league I could understand but when they tried to make the wrestlers equal to SD and RAW i think more gold would of made it interesting.
Back to top Go down
http://WWE.com
That-Damn-Good
Mid-Carder
Mid-Carder
That-Damn-Good

Male Number of posts : 453
Registration date : 2009-06-18

Why ECW failed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why ECW failed   Why ECW failed Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 5:05 am

It was a 1 hour show. Wasn't much need for more titles, especially when they had the tag champions on the show for a long while there with Miz and Morrison. I don't think it was as unsuccessful as people tend to think, considering how many stars it produced and all. And it's ratings weren't terrible, think they just wanted to head in a different direction. Vince wasn't trying to live up to the original ECW in any way, shape or form. It was ECW in name only. They had the originals in there for a while to help give that nostalgia type feel and then they started dropping like flies.

They were helping breed younger talent for the big time, as opposed to overweight wrestlers with little talent disfiguring each other with barbed wire. Sandman and Stevie Richards headlined in the original ECW at times. Yeah, that's way better than CM Punk vs John Morrison. How dare those guys have talent rather than just hitting each other with chairs? Fuck them. Not arguing that the original ECW had it's fair share of success and talented guys. But the reborn ECW was totally different and if anything, only added to the legacy of the original. Not like it didn't have it's fair share of great matches and produced plenty of stars or at least helped them up their game. CM Punk, Morrison, Miz, Kofi, Swagger, Bourne, even Christian to an extent. Don't think it failed at all in that respect. Think it was just a situation of again, heading in a different direction.
Back to top Go down
Schiffer
Dark Match Wrestler
Dark Match Wrestler
Schiffer

Male Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2010-03-06

Why ECW failed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why ECW failed   Why ECW failed Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 5:40 am

It was different from the old ECW, but worked cause it made new stars and didn't end their careers early by slamming each other through flaming tables. Anyways, I don't wanna be ripping off TDG's post as he pointed out all my views on the subject, so I'll leave it at that.
Back to top Go down
Ashley
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Ashley

Female Number of posts : 2536
Registration date : 2008-11-21

Why ECW failed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why ECW failed   Why ECW failed Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 1:07 pm

Well they only had a 1 hour show and could only fit in like 2-3 matches with a segment or two.

But I think the roster size also failed it a bit. They didnt have enough talent. Maybe fusing ECW with FCW would've got it abit more popular and actually living up to its name of Extreme Championship wrestling.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Why ECW failed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why ECW failed   Why ECW failed Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 3:26 pm

I think the reason ECW did not last is easy. When people hear the name ECW, they have certian expectations and the WWECW did not meet those expectations. ECW had a good run, but it was sorta doomed at the start.
Back to top Go down
free fallin(The Sorrow)
Dark Match Wrestler
Dark Match Wrestler
free fallin(The Sorrow)

Male Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2010-03-13

Why ECW failed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why ECW failed   Why ECW failed Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 12:31 am

I think the reason ecw failed was because the roster was not getting paid enough for the shit they had to put up with...then vince came along
Back to top Go down
Eat-Those-Ruffles
Amateur Wrestler
Amateur Wrestler
Eat-Those-Ruffles

Male Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2010-03-04

Why ECW failed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why ECW failed   Why ECW failed Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 2:04 am

Point One:
ECW was a bloody one-hour show...Thats freaking useless for a roster of its size. The content on ECW got kinda boring aswell with feuds like Christian Vs Ezekial? I mean seriously? The lack of Gold was obvious aswell, as BEAST has already mentioned.

Point Two:
WWE was giving no importance to WWECW at all! I get the fact that it was a stage to build up their stars and all but how was that possible when ECW only had like 2-3 matches per show, the matches werent even that hyped up or then well planned. The wrestling was very shitting some times except for maybe the main-event. Sometimes even that didnt last longer then some of Raw's or Smackdown's low-mid - Card matches.

Point Three:
[Note: I am not going to comment on how WWECW does not stand up to ECW cos well...We've all been there.] The Storywriters decided not to give ECW good storylines...Well what do you know. They were probably working their ass for for the two main shows and simple chewing on they underpants for ECW. The Storylines were so boring I no-longer wanted to watch ECW. I mean there was no solid evidence or hype for why wrestler(s) A and wrestler(s) B were feuding. Most of the time its just because of some interference or maybe cos he was the number 1 contender for the title...LAME!

Point 4:
WWE knew that their act with WWECW was getting old and probably only started it to get the viewers who loved the traditional ECW. They saw that hey, they could actually do something with it and run a pretty decent show for awhile. Then the ECW legends seem to leave and the audience dimmed as well. So why not scrap it?!

Point 5:
WWE wanted to refresh their show, they wanted to bring in a new idea and the geniuses(no sarcasm intended) decided on NXT(I LOVE THIS). It as a brilliant idea and WWE did not need another show ontop of the shows they were already running so they decided to scrap the hour long show but still keep the viewers they had for that.

Basically I think that their idea to scrap ECW was genius cos well, it was getting boring and I love the idea of NXT...Well thats about it!
Back to top Go down
K.Smoke
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
K.Smoke

Male Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2008-11-22

Why ECW failed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why ECW failed   Why ECW failed Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 1:18 pm

that was a lot said and i agree with you. Especially the part about plots for the show going to the bigger brands. The only thing I say is that now they have bigger rosters on the 2 brands. A lot more former WWE starts will be TNA stars. Its just not going to be room for everone.
Back to top Go down
http://WWE.com
Sponsored content

Why ECW failed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why ECW failed   Why ECW failed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why ECW failed
Page 1 of 1