chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What Got you into WRASLIN......

Go down 
+9
Sykesy
Y2J X
stl311
EdgeHead
Eat-Those-Ruffles
Master Of Destruction
Straight-Edge Zach
Concrete Jesus
free fallin(The Sorrow)
13 posters
AuthorMessage
free fallin(The Sorrow)
Dark Match Wrestler
Dark Match Wrestler
free fallin(The Sorrow)

Male Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2010-03-13

What Got you into WRASLIN...... Empty
PostSubject: What Got you into WRASLIN......   What Got you into WRASLIN...... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 3:31 pm

Pretty Simple what introduced you to the Wrestling game..............

I would have to say my dad and his side of the family(Huge Wrestling fans)
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: What Got you into WRASLIN......   What Got you into WRASLIN...... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 3:47 pm

I watched Hogan as a kid and I grew to love wrestling more and more. When Austin came along, that was it for me. I have been a die hard WWE Mark since I watched Austin slap Vince in the balls.
Back to top Go down
Straight-Edge Zach
The Enforcer
The Enforcer
Straight-Edge Zach

Other / Decline to state Number of posts : 3563
Registration date : 2007-12-02

PostSubject: Re: What Got you into WRASLIN......   What Got you into WRASLIN...... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 7:02 pm

Moved to Wrestling section.

What got me into Rasslin' was my ma and bro. They were fans until I got obsessed.
Back to top Go down
Master Of Destruction
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
Master Of Destruction

Male Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: What Got you into WRASLIN......   What Got you into WRASLIN...... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 7:39 pm

See, I have kind of a weird story. One day back in ninetyeight, My dad and I were watching a show on TNT and then after it got over, WCW Monday NItro came on. My dad didn't feel like changing the channel, we watched it. And thus, the diehard obbestion was born. (Funny thing is, I was talking about this with friends the other day.)
Back to top Go down
Eat-Those-Ruffles
Amateur Wrestler
Amateur Wrestler
Eat-Those-Ruffles

Male Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2010-03-04

PostSubject: Re: What Got you into WRASLIN......   What Got you into WRASLIN...... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 11:27 pm

I don't seem to remember... I think it must have been my neighbours , who I'm very close to. They used to rent WWE DVDs mainly during the early DX period. I use to go over there and watch...hence the obsession began.
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2627
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: What Got you into WRASLIN......   What Got you into WRASLIN...... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 1:32 am

I can't even explain really how I got into it. As far as I can remember, every Sunday morning after church, my family and I went to my grandparents for lunch and my uncles were always watching wrestling so I sat with them and did the same. I can't put a finger on why exactly I got so hooked up. It basically became an habit. An habit that morphed into a major passion for me but an habit nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
stl311
The Omega VIP
The Omega VIP
stl311

Male Number of posts : 3627
Registration date : 2007-11-21

PostSubject: Re: What Got you into WRASLIN......   What Got you into WRASLIN...... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 2:23 am

My story is more awesome.

So Monday Night I was watching my Orlando Magic play on TNT, after a while the game ended and I decided to watch something called "Nitro", well during the first telecast they had a wrestler named Flying Brian Pillman. I don't remember who he faced but Lex Luger came out during the match. They mentioned Brian Pillman wrestling in a place called ECW, and I was so impressed with what he had done in the ring that night that I actually looked for ECW tapes at the local flea market.

Alas I found the ECW tapes, watched them for a bit, then eventually it go to the point where ECW was on TNN, after ECW went under I collected all the ECW DVDs I could, and the rest is history.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ecw.com
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

PostSubject: Re: What Got you into WRASLIN......   What Got you into WRASLIN...... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 5:22 am

I remember watching Goldbergs entrance on WCW, watching wrestling with my dad. I think it was extremely sparse but I guess that's kind of been a motivation for me prior to getting into wrestling related stuff. Anyways, next I go to my cousin. I remember going up and playing Wrestlemania X8 agaisnt him. I, or him, was playing as Tajiri. At the point of playing the game, Kane and Triple H stood out to me. Kane, I get, Trips, I don't. I assume it was the whole, "The Game" thing. I also remember that he would hit wrestling moves on me. Good times. Later, I become friends with someone who was into wrestling, so there was another little step in this direction. The right direction, for the reason wrestling was one of the main reasons I'm still alive. Continuing on, all the previous information culminated while watching Deal or No Deal. Well, after. I was going to go upstairs, and dad was flicking through the channels. He came upon Smackdown, called me in to see if I was interested in watching it. I did, watched some match with Super Crazy and Psicosis. Henry's promo on Taker. Then something with Rey, Angle, and Orton. Wasn't actually that good, surpised I continued to watch. With that said, I continued to watch Smackdown, eventually I got the channel for Raw from my friend and watched that occassionally. Didn't get into Raw untill DX was formed. Then I'd watch ECW from time to time. I was hooked, and up untill a little bit after Wrestlemania 23, it was the best time in my life. I guess in essence, my passion for wrestling has pretty much died, or jumped the shark, so to speak. Considering it's gone downhills since those days. There are numerous reasons for why but I won't state them. Normally, I abbreviate that story, but I wanted to elaborate.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

Male Number of posts : 8610
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: What Got you into WRASLIN......   What Got you into WRASLIN...... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 8:40 am

My obsession with wrestling is from a different perspective.

As a young boy I would go every Saturday to a local event just to watch my dad beat up some guy. This was 1994 to 1996 may I add. I was always in aura(SP?) of a atmosphere of 100 people at such a young age. But once my dad quit in ring action my interest slowed down. Only being 4 or so I pretty much skipped 97-99. Then around 2000 I can remember my Dad waking myself and my brother up at 5:30 AM and he would take us down to the AWF (Australasian Wrestling Federation) Dojo in Minto (10 minute Drive) every school morning. He would set everything up and then and hour or so later some guys would come in followed by men standing over me and my bro (Of course these were wrestlers). Then my dad would quickly take us to school and head back to the Dojo to help train some guys. On the occasional day I was given the day of to stay there for hours just watching them run ropes and take bumps. Just simple stuff. Every since then I have been an obsessed fan. Live it and I don't care what people think. Although at about 07-09 I kinda got bored with it apart from TNA due to foruming I suppose but have got back into it.

So yes, My love for the SPORT is different but still a great period of my life.
Back to top Go down
Affy
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
Affy

Male Number of posts : 810
Registration date : 2010-02-15

PostSubject: Re: What Got you into WRASLIN......   What Got you into WRASLIN...... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 1:29 pm

Rob Van Dam and Rey Mysterio. Greatest fucking tag team ever. It was a shame RVD got injured otherwise they would have held the titles longer. I didn't know Raw existed though but when I finally watched it I became addicted to Edge. It took awhile but wrestling finally grew on me...

So I guess RVD,Rey Mysterio(Who I can't stand anymore),and Edge.
Back to top Go down
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac
Ex-Mattitude Follower

Male Number of posts : 4927
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Re: What Got you into WRASLIN......   What Got you into WRASLIN...... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 2:08 pm

My friend brought a load of PS1 games round my house for us to play. He forgot one of them: a WWF wrestling game. I was bored so thought I'd give it a try. I found it pretty cool so decided to try and watch it for real.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: What Got you into WRASLIN......   What Got you into WRASLIN...... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 5:05 pm

I'm gonna say my sister and the general violence of it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

Male Number of posts : 8610
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: What Got you into WRASLIN......   What Got you into WRASLIN...... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 6:25 pm

Mattitude Follower wrote:
My friend brought a load of PS1 games round my house for us to play. He forgot one of them: a WWF wrestling game. I was bored so thought I'd give it a try. I found it pretty cool so decided to try and watch it for real.

It was meant to happen ... Too bad your not into it anymore Sad
Back to top Go down
*Alarm
Wrestling Fan
Wrestling Fan
*Alarm

Male Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-07-25

PostSubject: Re: What Got you into WRASLIN......   What Got you into WRASLIN...... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 2:02 am

My family watched wrestling all the time, so I've been watching it my entire life. Guys like Austin, Michaels, and Taker really drew me in. So yeah, I was a WWF kid.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Got you into WRASLIN......   What Got you into WRASLIN...... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Got you into WRASLIN......
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
chaingangsoldier :: Wrestling World :: Other Wrestling-
Jump to: