chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Major Breaking News: WWE Releases 6 Wrestlers

Go down 
+5
babaganoosh
Straight-Edge Zach
Concrete Jesus
Master Of Destruction
Sykesy
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

Male Number of posts : 8610
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Major Breaking News: WWE Releases 6 Wrestlers Empty
PostSubject: Major Breaking News: WWE Releases 6 Wrestlers   Major Breaking News: WWE Releases 6 Wrestlers Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 10:08 pm

WWE.com has announced that it has released the following talents:

-Mickie James

-Shelton Benjamin

-Kung Fu Naki

-Jimmy Wang Yang

-Slam Master J

-Katie Lea Burchill

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/superstarsreleased

HOLY SHIT, James, Shelton & Katie Lea. Big mistake WWE.
Back to top Go down
Master Of Destruction
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
Master Of Destruction

Male Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Major Breaking News: WWE Releases 6 Wrestlers   Major Breaking News: WWE Releases 6 Wrestlers Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 10:10 pm

I'm only suprised about Benjamin and Mickie James.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Major Breaking News: WWE Releases 6 Wrestlers   Major Breaking News: WWE Releases 6 Wrestlers Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 10:26 pm

I am shocked that they released Mickie James. I also think Katie Lea could have been much better, but she didn't get a good chance to show what she can do. Mickie James is my favorite Diva of all-time and I am upset by this news. Here is some information on why she was fired:
Quote :
Source: PWInsider

Regarding Mickie James' shocking release today from WWE, she was fired because she more than once on the European tour arrived late for the bus, holding up travel.

That was considered the straw that broke the camel's back dating back to her being disciplined by being sent to SmackDown! due to substandard performances and issues with her weight. They were also not happy with her music aspirations. Maria felt the same wrath with her release from WWE. WWE management doesn't take kindly to their talent doing outside projects while working a full-time WWE schedule.

According to a source, she had just beaten a bad staph infection and was lucky to return in time for Wrestlemania. Many felt she should have been more professional in her dealings with WWE.

If Mickie James still wants to wrestle, she will be a KO in 90 days and I will be watching her segments.
Quote :
Mickie James
posted the following comments on twitter regarding her WWE release today:

"Awe... Thank you James Gang! I just want to say its been a beautiful journey... Wwe has been a childhood dream come true & I have loved every step... There is not a moment I would change for the world... It breaks my heart but the world doesn't stop turning.. I'm grateful for all my friends, family, loved ones, and fans who have supported me along this wonderful ride. To all the guys and gals I've had the pleasure of sharing the ring with... We made some magic! History... Memories to last a lifetime... Thank you... I love you all with all my heart! Every chapter has its close... The next one Is only gonna get better... I promise you that! =) One truly never knows what tomorrow may hold... That's why we embrace every moment... In love & joy! The James Gang Rides! Even stronger than before.... To Victory! Haha.... On ward & upward! Much Love.... Muah! JG4L...... MJ"

Mickie is gone and McCool is carring the Woman's Championship. I am very upset by this news.
Back to top Go down
Straight-Edge Zach
The Enforcer
The Enforcer
Straight-Edge Zach

Other / Decline to state Number of posts : 3563
Registration date : 2007-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Major Breaking News: WWE Releases 6 Wrestlers   Major Breaking News: WWE Releases 6 Wrestlers Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 12:57 am

This is fucking bullshit. That's a solid list of wrestlers right there. Including the ever so lovely Mickie James who should be the current day Trish Stratus.

They could have done so much more with these guys.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Major Breaking News: WWE Releases 6 Wrestlers   Major Breaking News: WWE Releases 6 Wrestlers Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 1:11 am

Looks like Haas got his wish and Benjamin won't be continuing with the WWE Razz
Back to top Go down
K.Smoke
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
K.Smoke

Male Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2008-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Major Breaking News: WWE Releases 6 Wrestlers   Major Breaking News: WWE Releases 6 Wrestlers Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 3:48 am

i'm not surprised by Benjamin they've been burying him for about a year or so now. Wish i knew the story behind that. But Micky James seemed to be gearing up for some interesting plot lines with Beth Pheonix. The story sounds bullshit though. For coming late to the bus "more than once". I was looking forward to seeing her go heel. But she'll end up KO champion. I really feel sorry for the guys and girls in TNA that gave thier heart to the company and now are going to be buried by ex WWE wrestlers. It really isn't fair. Hope Jimmy Wang Yang change his gimmick, He's a great technical wrestler, going to love to see him in the X division. Benjamin also.

Guys i tell u, WWE is working against themselves right now. Only thing i can think of is Vince sending over pawns to create a better rivalry. These releases and TNA signings are really going to boost TNA ratings 6 months from now.
Back to top Go down
http://WWE.com
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Major Breaking News: WWE Releases 6 Wrestlers   Major Breaking News: WWE Releases 6 Wrestlers Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 9:14 am

Straight-Edge Zach wrote:
This is fucking bullshit. That's a solid list of wrestlers right there. Including the ever so lovely Mickie James who should be the current day Trish Stratus.

They could have done so much more with these guys.
It is clear that WWE does not care about the woman's divisions right now. McCool is the Woman's Champion and Eve Torres is the Diva's Champion, what the hell. I can only hope that Pheonix wins the Woman's title soon and Melina comes back to Raw. At least that would be something, but, for now, the division is in shambles.

I am not surpirsed Benjamin is gone, but I am disapointed. Benjamin can go in the ring. His mic skills are not that great, but, he can go in the ring. I look for him to become a huge star someplace else and the WWE to come calling again in a few years.

A name I would not be surprised to see released soon is Matt Hardy. He is never going to get the push Jeff got and I would not blame him if he left WWE.

WWE just gave TNA a gift they will recieve in about 90 days.
Back to top Go down
Tiff
Main Eventer
Main Eventer
Tiff

Female Number of posts : 1929
Registration date : 2007-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Major Breaking News: WWE Releases 6 Wrestlers   Major Breaking News: WWE Releases 6 Wrestlers Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 1:36 pm

I can't believe they get rid of talented Divas like Mickie and Katie, when they still have ones like Kelly and the Bellas. I read somewhere that Mickie had 'weight' issues, that ended up being one of the reasons they released her. If that's true, well... then it's just disgusting.

As for Shelton, he was one of the best wrestlers they had, they just never used him to his full potential. I'm honestly really disappointed in the WWE for this... I hope he goes on to have an amazing career elsewhere, I really do.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwe.com
Inah
Head Bitch In Charge
Head Bitch In Charge

Female Number of posts : 4534
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Major Breaking News: WWE Releases 6 Wrestlers   Major Breaking News: WWE Releases 6 Wrestlers Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 4:26 pm

oh, wtf.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Major Breaking News: WWE Releases 6 Wrestlers   Major Breaking News: WWE Releases 6 Wrestlers Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 6:30 pm

Tiff wrote:
I can't believe they get rid of talented Divas like Mickie and Katie, when they still have ones like Kelly and the Bellas. I read somewhere that Mickie had 'weight' issues, that ended up being one of the reasons they released her. If that's true, well... then it's just disgusting.

As for Shelton, he was one of the best wrestlers they had, they just never used him to his full potential. I'm honestly really disappointed in the WWE for this... I hope he goes on to have an amazing career elsewhere, I really do.

There is a rumor that Mickie had some behaviorale problems like being late for the bus or something. That is the stupidest reason I have ever heard, especially since she is the best wrestler on the Diva's roster.
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2627
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Major Breaking News: WWE Releases 6 Wrestlers   Major Breaking News: WWE Releases 6 Wrestlers Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 11:40 pm

By releasing Mickie James, Vince McMahon sent the message loud and clear: if you're not fully committed to WWE and wish to work on outside projects but are not willing to do it under our terms, then, you're not welcome. They were basically waiting for an excuse to send her packing and her "behavioral problems" just gave them one. People in the company did far worse things than what Mickie James allegedly did. It's simply a matter of double standards in the promotion.

As for the list in its whole, I think that most were valuable to the company, they just didn't know what the hell to do with them. I'm now suddenly less angry to not get WWE programming on cable TV anymore. In my book, WWE's loss is ROH's gain. Because no, I don't think that any of those 6 will eventually end up in TNA right away. Ring of Honor is the big winner in all this because they can now benefit from talents that both WWE and TNA discarded for various reasons. And since ROH officials are mostly comprised of former ECW management, they've learned from Paul Heyman's mistake and they don't repeat them. So, basically, right now, I think that Vince McMahon is counting way too much on his NXT rookies coming up to fill the void in the midcard rather than make a run at potential TNA stars wishing to defect from the company since Hogan and Bischoff took over.
Back to top Go down
K.Smoke
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
K.Smoke

Male Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2008-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Major Breaking News: WWE Releases 6 Wrestlers   Major Breaking News: WWE Releases 6 Wrestlers Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 1:59 am

i agree with CJ so much on the skills of Shelton. He was one of the most technically sound wrestlers. But the reason that WWE is such a draw is because of the use of the mic. Benjamins krytonite. as well as a lot of other wrestlers. i liked micky because she could wrestle. but tbt i wish they get rid of the diva division as a whole. its wasted space. they are so weak that they can't head line any ppvs why keep them. there isn't a plot big enough to carry them. i think that if they are going to have a women division that it should have its own programming like G.L.O.W. did back in the days. make it a half an hour if you must.
Back to top Go down
http://WWE.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Major Breaking News: WWE Releases 6 Wrestlers   Major Breaking News: WWE Releases 6 Wrestlers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Major Breaking News: WWE Releases 6 Wrestlers
Page 1 of 1