chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Daley, Kimbo released

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

Daley, Kimbo released Empty
PostSubject: Daley, Kimbo released   Daley, Kimbo released Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 11:54 am

Quote :
Paul Daley lost more than a fight and a chance to challenge Georges St-Pierre as champion and Ultimate Fighter coach. The Englishman also lost a job with the UFC.

After hitting Josh Koscheck with a sucker punch well after the bell sounded at the end of what was a dominant three-round decision loss, UFC president Dana White said in no uncertain terms that it was his last fight in the organization. Ever.

"I don’t care if Daley wins a bunch of fights in all kinds of promotions and becomes the best in the world," White said at the post-fight press conference. "Daley will never fight in the UFC ever again."

In a moment that was reminiscent of a recent melee that broke out at a Strikeforce show last month, where Jake Shields and his teammates got into it with Jason (Mayhem) Miller after Shields successfully defended his middleweight belt against Dan Henderson, Daley responded to something Koscheck whispered in his ear by launching an uppercut that clipped him.

Referee Dan Miragliotta immediately got in the middle and held Daley back. Before the fight decision was announced, an incensed White entered the cage and spoke to Daley about the incident. He said Daley claimed he didn’t hear the bell but White wasn’t buying it. Nor was he tolerating it.

White said Kimbo Slice will also be released following his TKO loss to Matt Mitrione, though White admitted he lasted longer in the UFC than he ever expected and said he had "a lot of respect for Kimbo." That decision was performance-based and not necessarily permanent.

NOTES: Koscheck explained what happened when the fight was halted in the first round for an apparent illegal knee to the head from Daley while he was still on the ground, which on replays looked as if it completely missed. He said that he was definitely hit in the eye, he just didn't know if it was the knee or Daley's hand swinging by ... Koscheck said at the post-fight press conference he didn't know his hometown Penguins had beaten the Montreal Canadiens in Pittsburgh to take a 3-2 lead in their Stanley Cup playoff conference semi-final series Saturday when he boasted in his post-fight interview that they were going to win the series. That comment naturally drew the ire of the fans in attendance, as did his suggestion that if they were going to boo him, he would get even by beating Georges St-Pierre, who he will now coach opposite on the next season of The Ultimate Fighter thanks to his victory ... The Knockout of the Night bonus not surprisingly went to Mauricio (Shogun) Rua, Belcher earned top submissoin, and Fight of the Night honours went to Jeremy Stephens and London, Ont.'s Sam Stout, which was the Canadian's third straight. Each was worth $65,000.
As I mentioned in the other thread, I hoped that Daley would lost his job with the UFC despite his talent. Kimbo I guess I'm a tad surprised Dana didn't give him 1 more fight since his record is 1-1 in the UFC. I guess that's what happen when you lose to someone who is suppose to be a can.

Last edited by babaganoosh on Sun May 09, 2010 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Daley, Kimbo released   Daley, Kimbo released Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 5:56 pm

I figure Kimbo will end up with Strikeforce again. I ddn't see what Daley did, but I heard about it and it can not be tolerated. Not only was firing him the right thing to do, it was the only thing to do.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: Daley, Kimbo released   Daley, Kimbo released Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 6:27 pm

There's really not many other places with enough media recognition for Kimbo to go to. I don't see him going to any no-name promotions to pick up a few wins, so yeah, he'll probably be in strikeforce soon.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Daley, Kimbo released   Daley, Kimbo released Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 10:59 pm

I kinda wish he would get one more UFC fight. Why? Because I can totally see Chuck being able to KO Slice, even in the twlight of his career. White pulled the triger on this quickly, I wonder if there is more to the story here.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: Daley, Kimbo released   Daley, Kimbo released Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 7:22 pm

I wouldn't count on it, I just think Dana had enough of Slice sucking. At first Dana was a little non-commital towards it saying it's probably his last time, so it doesn't seem like some rash decision he made based on something else.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Daley, Kimbo released   Daley, Kimbo released Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 7:38 pm

I guess the keeping Kimbo because of his fame was not worth his actual ablility. I am sure he will fight someone again though Maybe Strikforce brings him in to get his ass beat by Fedor.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: Daley, Kimbo released   Daley, Kimbo released Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 6:29 pm

Coker in interviews has been luke-warm on bringing him in saying he might not fit their "long-term plans". I still think they'll do it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daley, Kimbo released   Daley, Kimbo released Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Daley, Kimbo released
Page 1 of 1