chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Georges St- Pierre Says Fight With Anderson Silva Could Be His Last MMA Fight

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Georges St- Pierre Says Fight With Anderson Silva Could Be His Last MMA Fight Empty
PostSubject: Georges St- Pierre Says Fight With Anderson Silva Could Be His Last MMA Fight   Georges St- Pierre Says Fight With Anderson Silva Could Be His Last MMA Fight Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 11:44 am

Quote :

Posted by: Corey Santiago
Source: MMAJunkie.com

UFC Welterweight champion, Georges St- Pierre has said that if he gets inside the octagon with UFC Middleweight champion, Anderson Silva it could be his last fight in MMA, saying he would have no goals left to achieve.

Speaking via MMAJunkie.com, GSP said:

“Growing up in my career, I always fix my goals very high and every time I achieve one of my [goals], I fix another goal to reach. It’s important as a martial artist [never to be] satisfied because otherwise there is no point to keep doing what you’re doing.”

“If I go up in weight, it’s going to be hard to go down. If I put on lean muscle like I already did recently … it’s going to be hard to come back down. So it’s not like I go up and I go down. I have to be very careful with what I do.”

“If one day I fight at 185 pounds for a superfight to know who is the best pound-for-pound in the world, (and) if I reach my goal, then my goal will be reached. There will be no point for me to still compete because I’m not going to have a goal left.”

“Of course, the money’s there. The difference between me and a lot of fighters … (is that) a lot of fighters fight for the fame. They fight for the money. Yeah, the money is there. It’s pleasant. The money is there. It’s good that I have this security. I have a lot of money now. It’s good. But there is a lot of things I can do outside of mixed martial arts … because of the name that I reached with MMA, that the UFC helped me to have.”

“The fame is the same thing. I didn’t have it in the beginning, and now I have it. But if one day I reach my goal of becoming the best pound-for-pound (fighter) of all-time, it will be time for me to retire. But I don’t know right now, at 29 years old, if I want to retire. So it’s better I have to stick around.”
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

Georges St- Pierre Says Fight With Anderson Silva Could Be His Last MMA Fight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Georges St- Pierre Says Fight With Anderson Silva Could Be His Last MMA Fight   Georges St- Pierre Says Fight With Anderson Silva Could Be His Last MMA Fight Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 6:30 pm

He won't retire that early Very Happy If he wins, I can see him maybe seriously going for the Canadian Olympic wrestling team, which would take up 4 years, but I think after that's over he'll be back to prove that he can still fight.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Georges St- Pierre Says Fight With Anderson Silva Could Be His Last MMA Fight   Georges St- Pierre Says Fight With Anderson Silva Could Be His Last MMA Fight Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 7:53 pm

I can see his point though. He has dominated everyone that has stepped in front of him, since he regained the WW title. I doubt that he has even lost a RD. He has probably been more dominate then Silva...and you would never catch GSP dancing instead of fighting.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: Georges St- Pierre Says Fight With Anderson Silva Could Be His Last MMA Fight   Georges St- Pierre Says Fight With Anderson Silva Could Be His Last MMA Fight Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 8:09 pm

Maybe that's the drive athletes have...but I know if I were in his position, I'd just go in there and just enjoy smashing my opponents.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Georges St- Pierre Says Fight With Anderson Silva Could Be His Last MMA Fight   Georges St- Pierre Says Fight With Anderson Silva Could Be His Last MMA Fight Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 11:14 pm

I think what drives great athletes is a challenge. When an athletes doesn't feel challenged, you get what Silva has done for the past 18 months and 3 fights. I think GSP would retire bbefore he started disapointing his fans. Is there anyone at 170 that can beat him? No. Maybe moving up in weight class would challenge him, but I don't think anyone at 185 could beat him either. I think the only way he is going to get out powered is if he went up against Lesner. I don't want to see him retire because he is at the very top of his fight game and I like seeing him come up with new ways to beat him. When he fought Dan Hardy, he took no damage, and barely used any striking. I think the challenge in that was to take away what Hardy does best and work on his wrestling. He is no longer "fighting"guys, they are like sparing partners. This fight, we are going to wrestle, the next fight, we will strike, and on and on.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: Georges St- Pierre Says Fight With Anderson Silva Could Be His Last MMA Fight   Georges St- Pierre Says Fight With Anderson Silva Could Be His Last MMA Fight Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 6:03 pm

Pshhh screw challenges, let me pown some noob and make him give up between rounds (BJ Penn Razz).
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Georges St- Pierre Says Fight With Anderson Silva Could Be His Last MMA Fight   Georges St- Pierre Says Fight With Anderson Silva Could Be His Last MMA Fight Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 6:19 pm

Yeah, but Joe Rogan said BJ had a new strength conditioning plan and he is in the best shape of his life. Smile
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: Georges St- Pierre Says Fight With Anderson Silva Could Be His Last MMA Fight   Georges St- Pierre Says Fight With Anderson Silva Could Be His Last MMA Fight Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:07 pm

Every single fight he's a "new BJ Penn". A "committed BJ Penn". A "dangerous BJ Penn". Then he comes out, looks like shit, and next time he fights he's a "new BJ Penn" again. Watch his next fight with Frankie Edgar, I guarantee you they'll try and sell how he's a "new BJ Penn" and how serious he's taking this fight and how he's so dangerous and shit.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Georges St- Pierre Says Fight With Anderson Silva Could Be His Last MMA Fight   Georges St- Pierre Says Fight With Anderson Silva Could Be His Last MMA Fight Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 2:08 pm

Well, he is dangerous in the first few RD's, but he falls off in the 4th and 5th. The "ne BJ" looks a lot like the old BJ.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: Georges St- Pierre Says Fight With Anderson Silva Could Be His Last MMA Fight   Georges St- Pierre Says Fight With Anderson Silva Could Be His Last MMA Fight Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 4:45 pm

The promos will probably talk about how he's working even harder on his cardio. It should look a little better though, I believe his title fight against Edgar was the Abu Dahbi card right? If so, the outside air may have had some effect, so he might look a tad better purely because he's indoors.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Georges St- Pierre Says Fight With Anderson Silva Could Be His Last MMA Fight   Georges St- Pierre Says Fight With Anderson Silva Could Be His Last MMA Fight Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 10:17 pm

It was Abu Dahbi, I want to say UFC 112, but I am not positive about that. It was either 112 or 113.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: Georges St- Pierre Says Fight With Anderson Silva Could Be His Last MMA Fight   Georges St- Pierre Says Fight With Anderson Silva Could Be His Last MMA Fight Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 1:22 pm

I'm not good with numbers and remembering when each fighter fought. I normally just bank who fought who, the result, and a very simplistic timeline of what happened first. When or which card each fight happens on I'm no good with >.<
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Georges St- Pierre Says Fight With Anderson Silva Could Be His Last MMA Fight   Georges St- Pierre Says Fight With Anderson Silva Could Be His Last MMA Fight Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 3:34 pm

It was 112 by the way. I remember that kind of shit for some reason. I can tell you every WWE PPV main event for the last 12 years, I guess rememebering the UFC is the samething. I can't do math, grammar, science, or any of that other scholastic shit, but I have this stuff down. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Georges St- Pierre Says Fight With Anderson Silva Could Be His Last MMA Fight   Georges St- Pierre Says Fight With Anderson Silva Could Be His Last MMA Fight Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Georges St- Pierre Says Fight With Anderson Silva Could Be His Last MMA Fight
Page 1 of 1