chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rampage Jackson Agrees To Fight Lyoto Machida On November 20

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Rampage Jackson Agrees To Fight Lyoto Machida On November 20 Empty
PostSubject: Rampage Jackson Agrees To Fight Lyoto Machida On November 20   Rampage Jackson Agrees To Fight Lyoto Machida On November 20 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 4:34 pm

Quote :

Posted by: Corey Santiago
Source: MMAJunkie.com

A Light Heavyweight battle between former UFC Light Heavyweight champions, Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and Lyoto Machida is reportedly set to go down on November 20.

According to MMAJunkie.com sources close to the organization have said that Rampage has verbally agreed to face Lyoto Machida, with bout agreements to be signed shortly.

Jackson posted the following on his Twitter Page:

"Almost ready to sign the bout agreement, I would tell ya'll who I'm gonna get down with, but I can't spell his name. Hahaha."

A location for the November 20 event has yet to be determined, and UFC officials are considering a handful of different venues.

Jackson is coming off a loss to his rival, Rashad Evans at UFC 114 in May. Prior to that "Rampage" had picked up victories over the likes of Keith Jardine and a vicious knockout over Wanderlei Silva.

Machida is also coming off a huge loss, a loss that saw him lose the Light Heavyweight champion to Mauricio "Shogun" Rua at UFC 113 in May. Machida was knocked out in the first round of the fight and suffered his first loss of his career.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Rampage Jackson Agrees To Fight Lyoto Machida On November 20   Rampage Jackson Agrees To Fight Lyoto Machida On November 20 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 8:14 pm

Machida should be able to counter Rampage's aggresiveness. And if he stays back like he did against Rashad, he'll just get outpointed and lose a decision. Jackson has a puncher's chance against Lyoto, and that's all.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Rampage Jackson Agrees To Fight Lyoto Machida On November 20   Rampage Jackson Agrees To Fight Lyoto Machida On November 20 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 9:35 pm

IF Rampage gets a hold of him, he could be in trouble, but that is a big if.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Rampage Jackson Agrees To Fight Lyoto Machida On November 20   Rampage Jackson Agrees To Fight Lyoto Machida On November 20 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 1:20 pm

I actually can't remember seeing any of Machida's ground game. When was the last time he was really in trouble on the ground?
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Rampage Jackson Agrees To Fight Lyoto Machida On November 20   Rampage Jackson Agrees To Fight Lyoto Machida On November 20 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 3:36 pm

I don't know. I haven't seen all of his UFC fights, but I can't remember him being in trouble at all. I was thinking Machida would be in trouble if Rampage was able to slam him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rampage Jackson Agrees To Fight Lyoto Machida On November 20   Rampage Jackson Agrees To Fight Lyoto Machida On November 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rampage Jackson Agrees To Fight Lyoto Machida On November 20
Page 1 of 1