chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Saw Franchise Most Financially Successful Horror Series

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

Saw Franchise Most Financially Successful Horror Series Empty
PostSubject: Saw Franchise Most Financially Successful Horror Series   Saw Franchise Most Financially Successful Horror Series Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 6:44 pm

Quote :
I think I’ve seen roughly ten minutes of the first Saw film. I remember Cary Elwes screaming a lot and then thinking to myself, “Wow! His career has really gone off the rails if he’s been reduced to this sort of bunk.” Well, bunk though it might have been, they’ve since made six more of them, and a fuck-ton of money to boot. How much? Enough to earn them a place in the Guinness Book of World Records is how much.

Reuters reports that the Saw franchise won this mighty distinction for being the most financially successful horror series of all time. “I’m still in shock,” said Mark Burg, one of the film’s producers. “The fact that we beat out Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, and Texas Chain Saw Massacre is a testament to our cast, crew, and our partners at Lionsgate.”

What a bunch of happy horse shit. Then he went home and took a money bath. The Saw films have made 730 million so far. Saw 3D (a.k.a. Saw VII) hits theaters October 29th.
And I'll probably end up watching Saw VII Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Guilha
Main Eventer
Main Eventer
Guilha

Male Number of posts : 1842
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Saw Franchise Most Financially Successful Horror Series   Saw Franchise Most Financially Successful Horror Series Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 6:50 pm

SAW pwns, idc how long they've been around ... I cant wait for the year 2020 or 2030, when they'll start making remakes and spin-offs xD
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Saw Franchise Most Financially Successful Horror Series   Saw Franchise Most Financially Successful Horror Series Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 8:55 pm

Oh yeah, the Saw reboot, you know it is coming. The next one will be in 3D, so I might check that out. I watched the last 3 on DVD and I think the movies keep getting worse. My favorite is Saw 2.
Back to top Go down
Guilha
Main Eventer
Main Eventer
Guilha

PostSubject: Re: Saw Franchise Most Financially Successful Horror Series   Saw Franchise Most Financially Successful Horror Series Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 8:57 pm

^^ For me, SAW 2 was the worst one , tbh ... I quite liked the 3rd and the 1st
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Saw Franchise Most Financially Successful Horror Series   Saw Franchise Most Financially Successful Horror Series Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 9:42 pm

Wait, 2 was worse then 4,5, and 6? No way. Those things have gone straight down hill and they are a year away from being straight to DVD moives.
Back to top Go down
Guilha
Main Eventer
Main Eventer
Guilha

PostSubject: Re: Saw Franchise Most Financially Successful Horror Series   Saw Franchise Most Financially Successful Horror Series Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 9:45 am

i havent watched the 5th nor the 6th, but yeah, i think the 2nd was the worse than 1st, 3rd and 4th .
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Saw Franchise Most Financially Successful Horror Series   Saw Franchise Most Financially Successful Horror Series Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 1:58 pm

5 and 6 sucks it. If I went to see that a theater, I would have been pissed. I got it at Redbox, so it was only wasting a dollar, not $9.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Saw Franchise Most Financially Successful Horror Series   Saw Franchise Most Financially Successful Horror Series Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 9:22 pm

Concrete Jesus wrote:
5 and 6 sucks it. If I went to see that a theater, I would have been pissed. I got it at Redbox, so it was only wasting a dollar, not $9.
I thought 6 was actually alright. And while 5 by itself sucked, it was widely speculated that during its release that it was only suppose to set up Saw 6 anyways, so in that sense it was successful.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Saw Franchise Most Financially Successful Horror Series   Saw Franchise Most Financially Successful Horror Series Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 10:35 pm

They have tied the movies togther well and I did like that ice block trap, in 5, but I think they are running the thing into the ground.
Back to top Go down
Bastard
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
Bastard

Male Number of posts : 1194
Registration date : 2009-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Saw Franchise Most Financially Successful Horror Series   Saw Franchise Most Financially Successful Horror Series Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 7:18 pm

Meh, I always thought they were crap. Only real use I've found is to watch them with friends who are the jumpy/easily frightened type and scream every other minute, then it for some reason becomes more entertaining.
Back to top Go down
DivineComedy.
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
DivineComedy.

Male Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Saw Franchise Most Financially Successful Horror Series   Saw Franchise Most Financially Successful Horror Series Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 8:37 am

The whole series is a bountiful pile of fecal matter, tbh.
Inventive death's at time, but that is literally all there is. The plot is meh, the acting subpar, the suspense nonexistent, the fear nonexistent...

In all honesty, the fact that "horror movies" are defined simply by being goreesque is a bit insulting.

I will undoubtedly go watch the next 10 they plan on making, and will try not to walk out (though, that has only ever happened during Twilight).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saw Franchise Most Financially Successful Horror Series   Saw Franchise Most Financially Successful Horror Series Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Saw Franchise Most Financially Successful Horror Series
Page 1 of 1