chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Strikeforce CEO says Sarah Kaufman has earned right to fight on major Showtime card

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Strikeforce CEO says Sarah Kaufman has earned right to fight on major Showtime card Empty
PostSubject: Strikeforce CEO says Sarah Kaufman has earned right to fight on major Showtime card   Strikeforce CEO says Sarah Kaufman has earned right to fight on major Showtime card Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 5:41 pm

Quote :

Steven Marrocco, MMAjunkie.com 4 hours, 58 minutes ago

Sarah Kaufman (12-0 MMA, 4-0 SF) asked, and she shall receive.

Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker recently told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that the women's 135-pound champion will fight on a major Showtime-televised event in the near future.

"I think she's earned her right to fight in the big show," Coker said.

Kaufman blogged this past month about her frustration at being placed repeatedly on the promotion's prospects-based Challengers series instead of the more visible primetime events. After knocking Roxanne Modafferi (15-6 MMA, 0-2 SF) out cold in her first title at Strikeforce Challengers 9, Kaufman vented further.

"Get me on main cards on Showtime, guys," she said in her post-fight interview. "I think I deserve it. Put me on there."

Coker said he didn't fault Kaufman for using the spotlight to give herself a boost.

"She was probably feeling a little bit frustrated, and wanted to move up to the bigger show,' he said. "I think she could have come to us and talked about it, but she wanted to get her message (across), and she took it to the media. But hey, look what happened. It worked out for her.

"It's a fighter out there trying to improve their position and their life, and I think it worked out real well."

Strikeforce this Friday holds a four-woman tournament that will crown a future contender to the women's 135-pound title, and Strikeforce officials previously announced that Marloes Coenen will drop down from 145 pounds to challenge for the title next.

A native of Victoria, British Columbia, Canada, Kaufman has dominated her Strikeforce competition, though the Modaferri win was her first stoppage victory. Kaufman previously bested Miesha Tate, Shayna Baszler and Takayo Hashi by unanimous decision.

As of now, Kaufman is un-booked, but Coker promised she'll get her due when Strikeforce schedules her next bout.

"She will definitely be on one of the bigger shows," Coker said. "Of course, I can't tell you if it's going to be the main event or the co-main event because that will because that will be determined by who's fighting on the card as a whole. But I think she's earned her right to fight on the bigger show, just like Cristiane 'Cyborg' (Santos) did."

Santos, the current women's 145-pound champion, has terrorized her division with four consecutive wins by stoppage due to strikes. All of her contests have been broadcast on on the main cards of Strikeforce's marquee events on Showtime.

Coker said he'd love to see the two champions face off, though he doesn't view it as a requirement.

"If [Kaufman] ever wanted to move up to fight Cristiane, we would love that," he said.

Steven Marrocco is a staff reporter for MMAjunkie.com and an MMA contributor for The Vancouver Sun.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

Strikeforce CEO says Sarah Kaufman has earned right to fight on major Showtime card Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce CEO says Sarah Kaufman has earned right to fight on major Showtime card   Strikeforce CEO says Sarah Kaufman has earned right to fight on major Showtime card Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 6:44 pm

Why does Sarah have to move up to face Cyborg? Why not Cyborg move down since she's perceived as the more dominant of the fighters.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce CEO says Sarah Kaufman has earned right to fight on major Showtime card   Strikeforce CEO says Sarah Kaufman has earned right to fight on major Showtime card Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 6:59 pm

I don't know, but now she has her main card fight. She asked for it, now she has to answer the challenge, even if it is a little unfair.
Back to top Go down
Trixx
Amateur Wrestler
Amateur Wrestler

Male Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2010-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce CEO says Sarah Kaufman has earned right to fight on major Showtime card   Strikeforce CEO says Sarah Kaufman has earned right to fight on major Showtime card Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 2:03 pm

It'll be a good experience fight for her, so either way win or lose its a win win really :L
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce CEO says Sarah Kaufman has earned right to fight on major Showtime card   Strikeforce CEO says Sarah Kaufman has earned right to fight on major Showtime card Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 2:28 pm

^^She has to put on a good show. If she gets rolled over like the other woman Cyborg has fought, then she will look like she didn't deserve the chance.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce CEO says Sarah Kaufman has earned right to fight on major Showtime card   Strikeforce CEO says Sarah Kaufman has earned right to fight on major Showtime card Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 7:14 pm

Tbh, Cyborg is probably still on another level when compared to Kaufman, even before you consider the weight advantage Cyborg would have.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce CEO says Sarah Kaufman has earned right to fight on major Showtime card   Strikeforce CEO says Sarah Kaufman has earned right to fight on major Showtime card Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Strikeforce CEO says Sarah Kaufman has earned right to fight on major Showtime card
Page 1 of 1