chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Most Overrated/Underrated TV Shows

Go down 
+9
Schiffer
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Concrete Jesus
Master Of Destruction
Black Dagger
Y2J X
Bastard
[SM]The Supreme One[SM]
Sykesy
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

Male Number of posts : 8610
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Most Overrated/Underrated TV Shows Empty
PostSubject: Most Overrated/Underrated TV Shows   Most Overrated/Underrated TV Shows Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 4:43 am

Pretty much the same thing with Bands/Artists. Just list them for some discussion.

Here are mine:

Overrated:
Family Guy
American Dad
How I Met Your Mother
Underbelly [Seasons 3 & 2]
House
LOST
Friends
Supernatural
Charmed
CSI [All Forms]
Law & Order [Excluding SVU]
South Park
The Hills
Laguna Beach
Jersey Shore
The City
Keeping Up With The Kardashians
Top Gear
Hot In Cleveland

Underrated:
Entourage
Weeds
Heroes
White Collar
Criminal Minds
Community
Parenthood
The Soprano's
Tru Blood
The Chaser's War On Everything
Rules Of Engagement
Arrested Development
The O.C.
Summer Heights High
Back to top Go down
[SM]The Supreme One[SM]
Heat Wrestler
Heat Wrestler

Male Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2009-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Most Overrated/Underrated TV Shows   Most Overrated/Underrated TV Shows Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 5:09 am

Overrated
-American Dad
-The Bachelor
-Most adult swim shows(except family guy, and Bleach)
-WWE

Underrated
-Merlin
Back to top Go down
Bastard
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
Bastard

Male Number of posts : 1194
Registration date : 2009-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Most Overrated/Underrated TV Shows   Most Overrated/Underrated TV Shows Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 11:45 am

Overrated
Big Brother and all the spin offs
True Blood
X-Factor
Glee
Britain's Got Talent
Dexter (Though I could be wrong, I've seen 3 episodes in total and they were quite boring... possibly because I saw no murder)

Underrated
Being Human
Lie To Me

I'll think of others, don't really pay that much attention to TV
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Most Overrated/Underrated TV Shows   Most Overrated/Underrated TV Shows Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 12:03 pm

Sykesy wrote:
Pretty much the same thing with Bands/Artists. Just list them for some discussion.

Here are mine:

Overrated:
Family Guy
American Dad
How I Met Your Mother
Underbelly [Seasons 3 & 2]
House
LOST
Friends
Supernatural
Charmed
CSI [All Forms]
Law & Order [Excluding SVU]
South Park
The Hills
Laguna Beach
Jersey Shore
The City
Keeping Up With The Kardashians
Top Gear
Hot In Cleveland

How I Met Your Mother, as in the entire series? I definitely agree with season five, which was awful. Season four, I even tend to agree with half of the time. I'd even give you season three, but I assume you mean the entire series (as you specified with Underbelly). I thought season one and two were awesome, I'd watch them all the time (I'm taking a break from it right now).

I'm not sure about Hot In Cleveland, mainly because I don't think I ever heard someone not working on the show say it's great. Most of what I hear from TV.com is that it's either decent at best, or completely awful. It's not like it's being all praised by everyone or anything. It's not underrated by any means either though.

Quote :
Underrated:
Entourage
Weeds
Heroes
White Collar
Criminal Minds
Community
Parenthood
The Soprano's
Tru Blood
The Chaser's War On Everything
Rules Of Engagement
Arrested Development
The O.C.
Summer Heights High

Soprano's underrated? The only time I heard anyone every bash the Soprano's is when it comes to the finale. Otherwise, it's basically always been praised highly. I could check like, twenty lists of best tv shows, or my favorite tv shows, and it's almost ganuarnteed that The Soprano's are in the top five, because that seems to normally be the case.

Anyways, my list...

Overrated

Family Guy. Especially the seasons after being brought back, as I can tend to agree with the praise for the earlier seasons (1-3). However, afterwards everything about the show started going down here. Peter lost his sense of trying to be good father, but is now just the typically dumb father. Brian has lost his common sense character. Lois recently turned into a bitch, and Stewie turn homosexually. Which I wouldn't mind but his evil character was more entertaining, and his homosexually character got old to me, really fast Most of the episodes lost the sense of any story, or at least, any good story. Most of the jokes fall flat, or are something we've seen from Family Guy a hundred times prior.

The Simpsons. This probably takes the cake for most overrated shows, with Family Guy coming in second or closing up. Yeah, the show was amazing at first, but the most recent episodes have been awful. When I say the most recent episodes, I'm going back quite a few years when it started turning to crap. I do understand it's success, but I'm mainly talking about the most recent years. The show's ratings are still strong, and but I don't think it's current product deserves those ratings. I also get that it gets bashed but not nearly as much as others. I really believe quite a big portion of it's viewership are people who watch it because it's The Simpsons, which is not good. I could ramble on for a bit longer but I'm trying to go for more posts, so I'll leave by stating, Futurama > The Simpsons.

Glee. I can understand why the show is popular but it's a bit too popular and it isn't really all that entertaining. That's me though, maybe it's because I typically hate musicals or anything musical related.

Any Reality Show. There may be a few exceptions, but basically all of them bore me and don't deserve any merit of success they get.

CSI series. Getting too lazy to continue to mention why.

Bleach. I've explained this in the Anime thread.

Underrated

Rules of Engagment. Amazing sitcom. I can't think of any other shows at the moment...
Back to top Go down
Bastard
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
Bastard

PostSubject: Re: Most Overrated/Underrated TV Shows   Most Overrated/Underrated TV Shows Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 12:08 pm

^^^Oh Yes, Rules of Engagement FTW.
Back to top Go down
Black Dagger
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
Black Dagger

Male Number of posts : 794
Registration date : 2007-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Most Overrated/Underrated TV Shows   Most Overrated/Underrated TV Shows Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 12:45 pm

YeaI'mTheKane wrote:
Overrated
Big Brother and all the spin offs
True Blood
X-Factor
Glee
Britain's Got Talent
Dexter (Though I could be wrong, I've seen 3 episodes in total and they were quite boring... possibly because I saw no murder)

Underrated
Being Human
Lie To Me

I'll think of others, don't really pay that much attention to TV

No offence but BB is not really overrated. It has much more haters then actual fans. Everything else you have said is pretty much right though

Anyway my overrated and underrated's.

Overrated
X Factor
Britains got Talent
Eastenders
Coronation Street

Underrated
Mongrels
Peep Show
IT Crowd
Dexter
Everybody Hates Chris.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwe.com
Master Of Destruction
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
Master Of Destruction

Male Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Most Overrated/Underrated TV Shows   Most Overrated/Underrated TV Shows Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 1:27 pm

Overratted = Hannah Montana.
Back to top Go down
Bastard
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
Bastard

PostSubject: Re: Most Overrated/Underrated TV Shows   Most Overrated/Underrated TV Shows Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 1:54 pm

Ah yes, LOST has gotten quite overrated, I forgot about that :L

Also; Luke, possibly, but in the North-East it is incredibly popular, so here it has more fans than haters, thus I think it's overrated. Razz
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Most Overrated/Underrated TV Shows   Most Overrated/Underrated TV Shows Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 2:15 pm

No way, even with all of the hype, LOST was still underrated. The series finale of LOST was the best series finale ever.
Back to top Go down
Bastard
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
Bastard

PostSubject: Re: Most Overrated/Underrated TV Shows   Most Overrated/Underrated TV Shows Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 2:34 pm

Nah, I still say overrated, and I loved it.

Bollocks, the finale pissed me off, I've got even more freakin' questions now. >___>
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Most Overrated/Underrated TV Shows   Most Overrated/Underrated TV Shows Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 2:37 pm

^^No way, all of the questions were answered. They made most all of that crazy shit make some sort of sense and gave us a very emotional finale. Best.Finale.EVER!!!!!!!!!!!! If they is something you are still confused about, ask me and I will try and help you understand.
Back to top Go down
Black Dagger
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
Black Dagger

Male Number of posts : 794
Registration date : 2007-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Most Overrated/Underrated TV Shows   Most Overrated/Underrated TV Shows Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 2:43 pm

YeaI'mTheKane wrote:

Also; Luke, possibly, but in the North-East it is incredibly popular, so here it has more fans than haters, thus I think it's overrated. Razz

Ah. In the North west pretty much everybody hates it. I think I am the only person in my school that has liked it. xD. I will admit though it is time to put it to rest. Although I think the new owner of channel 5 wants to air it. He also is the main editor of the daily star as well so it will be even more hyped if it did return xD.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwe.com
Bastard
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
Bastard

PostSubject: Re: Most Overrated/Underrated TV Shows   Most Overrated/Underrated TV Shows Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 2:46 pm

Haha, fair enough, guess it depends on the region. Razz
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Most Overrated/Underrated TV Shows   Most Overrated/Underrated TV Shows Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 3:24 pm

I agree that it was time for the series to end, but that doesn't make it overrated.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: Most Overrated/Underrated TV Shows   Most Overrated/Underrated TV Shows Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 3:42 pm

Concrete Jesus wrote:
No way, even with all of the hype, LOST was still underrated. The series finale of LOST was the best series finale ever.

According to you CJ. That is no fact and I feel that The Soprano's and Cheers are the greatest Finale's.

I watched LOST Season 1,2 ... most of 3 and 4 and then most of 6 and the Finale was a big FUCK YOU! to the people that watched all those years. It was a poor finale in my opnion
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Most Overrated/Underrated TV Shows   Most Overrated/Underrated TV Shows Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 3:56 pm

Everyone is in titled to their opinion, only some of them are wrong. I loved every episode of the Sapronos, except the final scene of the final show. Last image the Sapronos left us with is the family, eating dinner, hitman comes in, Journey Plays for like 4 mins. That end was terrible. I do agree that Cheers had a great ending to a great sitcom.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: Most Overrated/Underrated TV Shows   Most Overrated/Underrated TV Shows Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 3:59 pm

Soprano's was great because it wasn't clear.

It left it open incase they ever wanted to come back to it.

btw, No opinion is wrong. Hence why it is an Opinion [A persons view]
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Most Overrated/Underrated TV Shows   Most Overrated/Underrated TV Shows Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 4:03 pm

When a shows ends, I want story arc closure, not random black screens with Journey in the back ground.
Back to top Go down
Bastard
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
Bastard

PostSubject: Re: Most Overrated/Underrated TV Shows   Most Overrated/Underrated TV Shows Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 4:47 pm

I just don't want Journey...
Back to top Go down
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac
Ex-Mattitude Follower

Male Number of posts : 4927
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Most Overrated/Underrated TV Shows   Most Overrated/Underrated TV Shows Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 5:04 pm

YeaI'mTheKane wrote:
I just don't want Journey...
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Most Overrated/Underrated TV Shows   Most Overrated/Underrated TV Shows Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 5:05 pm

I don't have a problem with Journey. My problem is the fuckin random ending for one of TV's best shows.
Back to top Go down
Schiffer
Dark Match Wrestler
Dark Match Wrestler
Schiffer

Male Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2010-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Most Overrated/Underrated TV Shows   Most Overrated/Underrated TV Shows Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 7:21 am

Overrated

King of the Hill (some of the Character Derailment... my god)
How I Met Your Mother (never got into it)
Inuyasha (same old shit, and a forced romance that the author ALWAYS does)
Ranma 1/2

Underrated

One Piece (a crazy-ass animation classic)
Gurren Lagann (I felt myself grow so much more manly)
Hunter X Hunter
Fist of the North Star/Hokuto No Ken (makes me weep manly tears)
Johnny Bravo
Ed, Edd 'n' Eddy
Back to top Go down
Punk'r
Wrestling Student
Wrestling Student
Punk'r

Male Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2010-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Most Overrated/Underrated TV Shows   Most Overrated/Underrated TV Shows Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 8:44 am

Johnny Drama wrote:
Overrated:
LOST

You're dead to me.

CrackHitler. wrote:

You, also dead to me.

Stormey wrote:
Overrated
Lost

No, not you too, Alex!

Concrete Jesus wrote:

*hugs* THANK YOU JESUS! (boy, that felt weird)

Overrated:
Neighbours
Home & Away
Masterchef
Desperate Housewives
Virtually every reality TV show

Underated:
LOST
Drawn Together
Wipeout
Back to top Go down
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac
Ex-Mattitude Follower

Male Number of posts : 4927
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Most Overrated/Underrated TV Shows   Most Overrated/Underrated TV Shows Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 10:19 am

^^ To be fair I haven't watched many episodes of Lost, it seemed alright but I wasn't that impressed. I went into it with high expectations due to the hype and hence that's why it's on my overrated list.
Back to top Go down
Bastard
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
Bastard

PostSubject: Re: Most Overrated/Underrated TV Shows   Most Overrated/Underrated TV Shows Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 10:36 am

I think it was brilliant, but people still made it out to be better than sleeping with Megan Fox, Marrying Tiger Woods' Ex, Winning the Lottery, having many fun nights with your new wife and then discovering immortality (in that order).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most Overrated/Underrated TV Shows   Most Overrated/Underrated TV Shows Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Most Overrated/Underrated TV Shows
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next