chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Smackdown 8/27/10

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

Smackdown 8/27/10 Empty
PostSubject: Smackdown 8/27/10   Smackdown 8/27/10 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 5:51 am

Smackdown results...

I. Kane defeated Rey Mysterio in a No DQ match via Chokeslam onto a steel chair.

II. Alberto Del Rio attacks Rey Mysterio after the match.

III. CM Punk defeated JTG via Anaconda Vise.

IV. Kofi Kingston defeated Dolph Ziggler via count-out, Ziggler retains.

V. Jack Swagger defeated MVP via DQ, in the "Jack Swagger Senior Invitational".

VI. Alberto Del Rio defeated Chaz Sanchez (I think, he's a local competitor) via cross arm breaker.

VII. Big Show defeated Luke Gallows via Knockout Punch.

VIII. Undertaker/Kane promo.

I'll post my thoughts on Smackdown later.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Smackdown 8/27/10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smackdown 8/27/10   Smackdown 8/27/10 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 2:15 pm

Quote :
V. Jack Swagger defeated MVP via DQ, in the "Jack Swagger Senior Invitational".

VI. Alberto Del Rio defeated Chaz Sanchez (I think, he's a local competitor) via cross arm breaker.

VII. Big Show defeated Luke Gallows via Knockout Punch.
I actually miss this bit of SD, I had a call I had to take, but I did see the rest.

I loved watching Mysterio get his ass beat by Kane and then by Del Rio. Del Rio with a mic is a bit boring, but I always love to see Mysterio take a beating.

It was freakin awesome to see Punk get a win on SD, even though it was a sqaush. It was even better to see him get a sub. win w/the Anaconda Vice. AWESOME!!! I would love to see him start using that again. I miss the Urinagy Slam before the Vice though.

The ring work with Dolph and Kofi has been excellent and it was again excellent. It is annoying to see Vikki keep sticking her ugly face in the matches, but that is how a heel rolls. What I expect to see next is Dolph vs. Kofi, at NOC, with a stipulation like this: If Dolph gets DQed, or counted out, he will lose the IC title.

I got back to the TV just in time to see Taker come to the ring. When Taker said "this ring is still my yard", I started to mark out like crazy. One night on SD, when Taker was the American Badass, he pointed to the ring and said "That ring is my yard and I am the big dog that runs that yard." I loved hearing Taker refrence that "my yard" bit. I also loved how they are playing Taker's return so far. Even though he talks with confindence, he doesn't seem to be all there yet. He still seems weak and a bit unsure of himself, especially after Kane said his piece. I hope to see Taker and Kane have more promo's like that, on SD for weeks to come. I would also love to see that feud carry over to tomorrow's 900th Raw.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

Smackdown 8/27/10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smackdown 8/27/10   Smackdown 8/27/10 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 2:39 pm

The opening match sucked. For one, it shouldn't of been the opening match but besides Mysterio getting destroyed, it wasn't entertaining. I'm glad they're doing that though, really booking Kane strong here.

To be honest, whenever Alberto Del Rio comes out and begins talking, I just immediately skip the segment. He's pretty good in the ring, but he bores me more than most of the roster on the microphone.

I didn't like seeing JTG being squashed out but I won't complain about that because they really needed to have Punk dominate JTG. He wasn't looking the strongest in my opinion in the past few weeks, so it was great to see him destroy someone. Also liked that he did the Anaconda Vise, although I agree with CJ about the slam.

Concrete Jesus wrote:
The ring work with Dolph and Kofi has been excellent and it was again excellent. It is annoying to see Vikki keep sticking her ugly face in the matches, but that is how a heel rolls. What I expect to see next is Dolph vs. Kofi, at NOC, with a stipulation like this: If Dolph gets DQed, or counted out, he will lose the IC title.

Yeah, I see that coming too, which isn't bad. The matches have been good and I'm just glad Dolph is champion. My favorite part is when Kingston hit the SOS and Striker actually called it the ranhei. I loved that.

Okay, the Jack Swagger vs. MVP thing was bad. Basically, it was a contest where to win they had to hit their opponents with five takedowns, doing things amatuer style. I was worried at first because Swagger did the thing were he wasn't ready to start and I was like, "Oh crap, are they doing that long build to it like the arm wrestling thing". Thankfully they didn't, Swagger's second takedown on MVP was impressive. Swagger gets three in a row and then MVP punches him and gets disqualified. It wasn't really that good.

Unfortunately, it appears that Del Rio is using the arm submission as his finisher. It was a totally squash match, so nothing else to add.

I skipped Gallows vs. Show, I have no interest whatsoever in this feud.

Now the final promo, CJ is sure as hell going to disagree, but I hated this. Kane was still great, but Taker, Taker was awful. Not just in delivery, but the lines they gave him (unless they give them guidelines, I don't know what they do for WWE) where just bad. It was like every cliché you could think of that fits they used. "I taught you everything you know about Evil, but I didn't teach you everything I know about Evil". That killed me, I actually laughed at that line. Not only that, but his lines were really predictable to. Him referencing his yard, it was cool but we all saw it coming.

Kane did bother me once though, so it wasn't all Taker. Kane said that he vows on their mothers grave, didn't he set their mother's grave on fire? Am I the only one who is bugged by that?
Back to top Go down
Master Of Destruction
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
Master Of Destruction

Male Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2009-04-23

Smackdown 8/27/10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smackdown 8/27/10   Smackdown 8/27/10 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 3:44 pm

I missed SD this week. It didn'y record. What do I want to watch?
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Smackdown 8/27/10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smackdown 8/27/10   Smackdown 8/27/10 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 4:27 pm

If you want to see Rey get beat up, watch the first match. Watch Punk vs. JTG, Dolph vs. Koif, and the final segment.

Though what Taker said was standard "Undertaker gimmick" stuff, I still enjoyed it. I will agree that it was a bit goofy sounding, but I like it anyway. The thing I miss the most about the American Badass version of Taker is his promo's. They were much less of the Taker gimmick stuff and much more "real." Back then, he still incorperated the Undertaker/evil stuff, but it was not as overt. For example, he once said "I may not dress like Satan anymore, but I am still down with the Devil and I will go midevil on your ass." Even if the "my yard" line was predictable, it still gets my mark blood pumping and I love it.
Back to top Go down
Bastard
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
Bastard

Male Number of posts : 1194
Registration date : 2009-08-07

Smackdown 8/27/10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smackdown 8/27/10   Smackdown 8/27/10 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 1:48 pm

Y2J X wrote:

He's only a local competitor kayfabe-wise, he's Alex Koslov. He's been in CMLL, AAA, TNA and RoH. His match was a try out and he's gotten a contract. He starts in WWE officially in January.

Cárlos Sanchez isn't that bad of a name change for him though. If he kept Koslov I just had the feeling they'd somehow push him as Vlad's half-brother or something stupid like that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Smackdown 8/27/10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smackdown 8/27/10   Smackdown 8/27/10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Smackdown 8/27/10
Page 1 of 1