chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

UFC 119 Results

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

UFC 119 Results Empty
PostSubject: UFC 119 Results   UFC 119 Results Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 1:27 am

Quote :
Preliminary Card

Heavyweight Bout: Mark Hunt vs. Sean McCorkle

McCorkle defeated Hunt via submission (kimura) at 1:03 of round 1.

Welterweight Bout: TJ Grant vs. Julio Paulino

Grant defeated Paulino via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27).

Lightweight Bout: Steve Lopez vs. Waylon Lowe

Lowe defeated Lopez via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28).

Lightweight Bout: Thiago Tavares vs. Pat Audinwood

Tavares defeated Audinwood via submission (guillotine choke) at 3:47 of round 1.

SPIKE TV Card

Heavyweight Bout: Matt Mitrione vs. Joey Beltran

Mitrione defeated Beltran via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28).

Middleweight Bout: C.B. Dollaway vs. Joe Doerksen

Dollaway defeated Doerksen via submission (modified guillotine choke) at 2:47 of round 1.

Main Card

Lightweight Bout: Melvin Guillard vs. Jeremy Stephens

Guillard defeated Stephens via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 30-27).

Lightweight Bout: Sean Sherk vs. Evan Dunham

Sherk defeated Dunham via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28).

Welterweight Bout: Matt Serra vs. Chris Lytle

Lytle defeated Serra via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27).

Light Heavyweight Bout: Matt Serra vs. Chris Lytle

Bader defeated Nogueira via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27).

Heavyweight Bout: Frank Mir vs. Mirko Cro Cop

Mir defeated Cro Cop via KO (knee) at 4:02 of the third round.

Fight of the night went to both Sean Sherk vs. Evan Dunham and Matt Mitrione vs. Joey Beltran. Submission of the night went to C.B. Dollaway for his submission over Joe Doerksen.

Mark Hunt vs. Sean McCorkle: This Submission was pretty sick looking. I think Hunt had his elbow dislocated and it was pretty sick.

Matt Mitrione vs. Joey Beltran: Not the most technical striking ever, but a lot of fun to watch. Both guys kept swinging and Beltran took a lot of punishment. Everytime I see Meat, he gets a little better. Maybe I root for him because he put that hack Kimbo out of MMA, but that is as good a reason as any. He is the most improved fighter, fron TUF 10. He came into the house with like 5 fights and he has improved for more then Nelson. I'm not sayin he is better then Big Country, I am sayin he has come farther with his skills.

C.B. Dollaway vs. Joe Doerksen: Doerksen was dominated from the start. Once CB went to the mat, is was all but over. He put on the choke, rolled him, and then Doerksen tapped. Not too much to add about that fight.

Melvin Guillard vs. Jeremy Stephens: I thought this was a close fight, but I thought Stephens did enough to win, at the end of the 3rd RD. I had it even to that point and Stephens winning. I don't know how the hell a judge got a 30-27 from that fight. This was the first of what I thought were 3 shitty judge's decisions.

Sean Sherk vs. Evan Dunham: I guess the judge's put more value on Sherks TD's and the fact that he got out of about 4 choke attempts, but I thought Dunham won this fight, at the end of the 3rd RD. Shitty Judge's decision number 2.

Matt Serra vs. Chris Lytle: This fight was exactly as advertised. Both fighters stood right in front of each other and threw punches, but Lytle landed far more shots and messed up Serra's face. He must have punched Serra in the left eye 30 times or more. It was a great fight to watch and totally deserving of FotN.

Matt Serra vs. Chris Lytle: This time, I feel that Nogs was on the bad end of a shitty Judge's decision. Again, I thought it was close fight, but Nogs did enough to win. Bader has a lot of TD attempts, but he only scored on a couple of them and did very little damage while on the ground. Nogs out pointed him with strikes, at least that is the fight I was.

Frank Mir vs. Mirko Cro Cop: Either guy wanted to take a chance in this fight. Mir was unable to get Cro Cop to the ground and was obviously fearfull of getting kicked. Cro Cop wanted no part of Mir on the ground, so the most of this fight was boring as fuck. This fight was 11 mins of boring with a pretty good KO at the end, but it was nothing to write home about. Cro Cop did not look like he really wanted to be there for this fight.

For me, the FOTN should have went to Lytle vs. Serra and maybe Meat vs. Beltran, too. I have no problem with Dolloway getting Sub of the Night.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

UFC 119 Results Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC 119 Results   UFC 119 Results Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 10:14 am

Hunt/McCorkle
One of the best chins in MMA history just can't buy himself a win anymore these days. It was cool seeing him fighting under the UFC, but it's a far cry from what he used to be able to do.

Mitrione/Beltran
As mentioned, not the most technical striking match, but these guys just go in and throw bombs and I expected nothing less. Towards the end I thought Beltran looked really tired and that Mitrione probably could've finished him, but I'm sure Mitrione was getting a little tired himself. Loved the footwork though, especially in the third round. I wonder how many of Beltran's strikes actually landed.

Dollaway/Doerkson
Loved all the rolling and scrambling once C.B. locked in the guillotine. I've always wondered why some guys just kinda lay there waiting to get choked out when they can try turning and rolling out of it until they're out of gas. Didn't work this time, but it's sure as hell better than doing nothing.

Guillard/Stephens
While I didn't understand the 30-27 scorecard, I still stand behind Guillard winning. Outside of a couple power shots, all Stephens was able to muster up was the leg kicks in round 3. Guillard was more active, controlled the octagon better, and put together more combinations throughout the first 2 rounds to take it in my books.

Sherk/Dunhak
It was nice to see Sherk (for the first round) go back to his wrestling. That's what puts him above most of the LW division, not his striking, which he seems to favour so much now for some reason. And again you saw it happen in the 2nd and 3rd rounds of this fight. He keeps thinking he can stand and bang with guys when he really can't and he should've lost the first 29-28.

Serra/Lytle
Fuck Matt Serra. Glad Lytle won, that is all.

Nog/Bader
Takedown. Stand up. Takedown. Stand up. Takedown. Stand up. Formula for winning a fight for Bader. While Nog didn't put on the pressure from the bottom like I thought he would, he was still able to get back up fairly easily when taken down. While Lil Nog may have outpointed Bader on their feet, it wasn't so one-sided that a takedown doesn't make up for. I had Bader winning.

Mir/Cro Cop
Too much respect for one another. I think Mir may have thrown more leg kicks than Cro Cop in the fight, which is sad. On their feet, they were actually about even and with no takedowns or sub attempts, we were looking at a boring 1-dimensional fight where neither guy wanted to press the action. A prime Cro Cop would've never fought like this...I wonder where he goes from here.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

UFC 119 Results Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC 119 Results   UFC 119 Results Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 12:52 pm

Dana White always tells the TUF Fighters "Never leave it in the hands of the Judge's" and Sat was perfect example of why. You never know what the judge's are going to give more value to.

I was also wondering what is next for Mirkco. Before he beat Pat Barry, I thought he was done. That win seemed to have given him new life, but he didn't look like he had the desire to win on Sat. He only threw a few kicks and was not even close with a head kick. If Mir hadn't gotten that KO at the end, I don't know what the score card would have looked like. I couldn't see either of them getting a 10 for any RD in the fight. I guess Mir had the win, since he did control the Octagon. I thought about going to see UFC 119, since it was only a couple hours away from my home town. After seeing that shitty main event, I am glad I did not spend $100 to go see it. I don't see that win moving Mir up the HW Ladder.

Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

UFC 119 Results Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC 119 Results   UFC 119 Results Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 5:11 pm

I think sometimes people like to use the "don't leave it in the hands of the judges" as a cop-out. Sure as a fighter you put yourself in a bad spot if you do, but wouldn't the most logical solution be to fix the judging or get a more predetermined method of determining the winner of the fight. Granted UFC and its fighters can't directly change it, but to just tell fighters not to leave it up to the judges isn't really a solution to the problem. A solution would be firing Cecil Peoples Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

UFC 119 Results Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC 119 Results   UFC 119 Results Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 5:14 pm

The Judge's work for the State, correct? The UFC doesn't choose the Judges, do they?

Oh well, now on to one of the best looking fight cards for the year, UFC 121. I know the freeby show comes next, but I can't wait to see Brock fight again. Lesner fights, Jake Shields makes his UFC Debut, and Tito fights again. Should be good stuff. How did you think should have got Sub of the Night and FOTN?
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

UFC 119 Results Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC 119 Results   UFC 119 Results Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 5:55 pm

I liked Sherk/Dunham for FOTN and Dollaway for SOTN. Surprised Mir didn't get KO of the night though, but I guess that's just how pissed off the UFC was at the fight Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

UFC 119 Results Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC 119 Results   UFC 119 Results Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 6:51 pm

A win is a win, but that is not a KO to brag about. Why do you hate Matt Serra so much?
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

UFC 119 Results Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC 119 Results   UFC 119 Results Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 1:39 pm

Because...fuck Matt Serra Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

UFC 119 Results Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC 119 Results   UFC 119 Results Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 12:10 am

Thanks for that in-depth answer baba. That was really, really deep. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

UFC 119 Results Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC 119 Results   UFC 119 Results Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 10:26 am

Glad to share my knowledge with you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

UFC 119 Results Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC 119 Results   UFC 119 Results Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

UFC 119 Results
Page 1 of 1