chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What if: BENOIT!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
doctorcube
Dark Match Wrestler
Dark Match Wrestler

Male Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2010-09-21

What if: BENOIT! Empty
PostSubject: What if: BENOIT!   What if: BENOIT! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 3:11 pm

this is gunna really rattle some cages, and it rattled me a bit as I typed it down, so please bare with me:

What if Chris Benoit's condition was properly reported and his doctor, Dr. Astin, was tried much earlier for his overperscriptions of drugs to his various other patients? How do you think WWE would've reacted if they had found out about Chris Benoit?

Don't post here if you don't have anything worth adding.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

PostSubject: Re: What if: BENOIT!   What if: BENOIT! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 4:39 pm

Didn't we already discuss this here https://chaingangsoldier.forumotion.com/what-if-f49/what-if-the-benoit-tragedy-never-happened-t12418.htm? I know you're new here but you could of checked, I mean, it's on the same exact page. I'm glad you're making threads here though, this section is great, kind of irritates me that they aren't consistently posted in.

Anyways, to answer the big variant here, I assume WWE would of been pissed. Not sure what the wellness policy was before the Benoit incident, so I don't know if he would of got suspended or not. He was planned to win the ECW title at the time, meaning he was somewhat considered a big deal, and guys consider that tend to not get it as rough as others (at least at this time.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: What if: BENOIT!   What if: BENOIT! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 5:59 pm

Yeah, this was a topic a few months ago. I will find the old one and merge them later.
Back to top Go down
doctorcube
Dark Match Wrestler
Dark Match Wrestler

Male Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2010-09-21

PostSubject: Re: What if: BENOIT!   What if: BENOIT! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 7:41 pm

oh sorry... now I feel like a right proper ass.

I always thought that benoit would've been made to retire, considering the state he was in... He'd definitely receive a spot in the hall of fame as well, though I think he would've resented the early retirement. At the very least he would've been taken from in-ring work, maybe even put into rehab for a bit and given medical treatment, and the wellness policy would definitely have come under fire but not under as much as it did.

granted I can be an insufferable optimist at times.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

Male Number of posts : 8610
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: What if: BENOIT!   What if: BENOIT! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 11:03 pm

Who was the person on here that does not believe Benoit went crazy?
Back to top Go down
IAmRuffles
Wrestling Student
Wrestling Student
IAmRuffles

Male Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2010-09-19

PostSubject: Re: What if: BENOIT!   What if: BENOIT! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 7:50 am

Benoit wouldnt have been made to retire. He would have been fired. He would also not have been given a HOF spot. No matter how much he is loved and how he is such a great wrestler, after drug problems, problems with management and getting fired I doubt his skill would not have made up for it and given him a HOF spot. I believe being in the HOF is a honour and Benoit would have been given that honor. If perhaps he never had a drug problem...maybe then he would have gone to be as great as HBK, when he passed, his character still had not reached the peak it could have...I believe the potential he reached does not deserve a HOF spot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What if: BENOIT!   What if: BENOIT! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What if: BENOIT!
Page 1 of 1