chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

KOTR matchups annouced

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

KOTR matchups annouced Empty
PostSubject: KOTR matchups annouced   KOTR matchups annouced Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 7:05 pm

Quote :
Bracket One

* John Morrison vs. Cody Rhodes

* Daniel Bryan vs. Alberto Del Rio

Bracket Two

* Ezekiel Jackson vs. Drew McIntyre

* Sheamus vs. Kofi Kingston
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

Male Number of posts : 8610
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: KOTR matchups annouced   KOTR matchups annouced Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 8:45 pm

Bryan lost 1st round. What a joke. The final should have been McIntyre Vs Bryan or Kofi Vs Bryan
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2627
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: KOTR matchups annouced   KOTR matchups annouced Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 11:46 pm

Honestly, I didn't know how would the brackets go but I was sure that Alberto vs Bryan would be the final, not a 1st Round Match
Back to top Go down
Manu Soldier
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
Manu Soldier

Male Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: KOTR matchups annouced   KOTR matchups annouced Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 4:16 pm

i thought del rio, was gonna win, he probally would of, if it wasnt for rey
Back to top Go down
http://combatartswrestling.forumotions.net/forum.htm
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

PostSubject: Re: KOTR matchups annouced   KOTR matchups annouced Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 5:36 pm

Didn't see it due to some technical problems with the TV (I don't know what it is exactly, just know it meant no Raw), so I can't comment on the quality of the matches. I'm reading the results as I type this...

Anyways, disappointing that Bryan was eliminated first round, and by Alberto Del Rio (my least favorite in the tourney). Especially since he lost by submission, that bothers me more than anything. He's still United States Champion, so I'm kind of content with the fact he lost here. Also kind of disappointing to see a double count-out, double elimination.

As for Sheamus, it's the logical choice, as it ties his career closer to Triple H, which can be beneficial in their feud for when Trips returns.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

Male Number of posts : 8610
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: KOTR matchups annouced   KOTR matchups annouced Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 5:38 pm

KOTR should make Main-Eventers ... Not keep them in the spotlight. Morrison, Bryan or McIntyre should have won this. Not Sheamus.

It would have suited McIntyre's character as well.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

PostSubject: Re: KOTR matchups annouced   KOTR matchups annouced Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 9:17 pm

Sykesy wrote:
KOTR should make Main-Eventers ... Not keep them in the spotlight. Morrison, Bryan or McIntyre should have won this. Not Sheamus.

It would have suited McIntyre's character as well.

It should but it hasn't for quite some time, and that doesn't necessarily make Sheamus winning a bad or wrong choice. This should play an important or at least significant role in the upcoming continuation of the Sheamus/Triple H feud, which I assume will be quite a big deal. I think Sheamus's victory is logical and great, considering all the surrounding details.

To elaborate, it's kind of hard to imagine either Morrison, Bryan, or McIntyre receiving too much of a push (at least to the point of credible and/or consistent main eventer) from the victory considering the build to KOTR, and everything, you know what I mean. It's just doesn't deliver that big of a deal feel that it did when it had it's own PPV.

Mostly though, I'm not at all bothered because at the same time The Miz is WWE Champion. I'm don't see a problem with Sheamus's victory when WWE has currently elevated The Miz to main event status.
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2627
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: KOTR matchups annouced   KOTR matchups annouced Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 11:44 pm

Although I think it'd have made more sense to let someone like Alberto Del Rio or Kofi Kingston to win it, I don't have anything against Sheamus winning the tournament. It only means to me that Triple H is that much closer to a return to finish things off with Sheamus.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: KOTR matchups annouced   KOTR matchups annouced Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 3:11 pm

I am perfectly happy with Sheamus being the KOTR and, as a few of you just said, this will also pump up the Sheamus/HHH feud. I am waiting to hear Sheamus call himself "the real King of Kings." Some of the matches were great, but some left a little to be desired. I hated the double count out with McIntyre and Ziek and I was not happy that Bryan lost to Del Rio. However, the way Bryan lost was OK for me. Bryan took a huge risk with that suicide dive and he landed hard on his shouler. At that point, you could see that arm bar coming a mile away.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KOTR matchups annouced   KOTR matchups annouced Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KOTR matchups annouced
Page 1 of 1