chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Should the I-C Gold be defended @ Wrestlemania 25?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
tnalockdownfan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2467
Registration date : 2008-04-09

Should the I-C Gold be defended @ Wrestlemania 25? Empty
PostSubject: Should the I-C Gold be defended @ Wrestlemania 25?   Should the I-C Gold be defended @ Wrestlemania 25? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 12:53 pm

Hey guys, now as you know, Wrestlemania 25 in only 23 weeks away

However, I want to talk about a title that has not been defended @ Wrestlemania as of late

The WWE I-C Heavyweight Championship

Now, the I-C Gold has been a symbol @ Wrestlemania

and I will give you the history of the I-C Heavyweight Championship

@ Wrestlemania in Madison Square Garden, Greg "The Hammer" Valentine took on the late Junkyard Dog, but @ the end, it was Junkyard Dog who won the match via Countout, but NOT the I-C Gold

@ Wrestlemania 2 in Los Angeles, Macho Man Randy Savage def. George "The Animal" Steele to retain his I-C Title

@ Wrestlemania III came the GREATEST Match for the I-C Heavyweight Championship, when Ricky Steamboat def. Randy Savage in front of 93,000 fans @ the Pontiac Silverdome to win his 1st and only Championship in WWE, the I-C Heavyweight Championship

@ Wrestlemania IV, Brutus Beefcake def. The Honky Tonk Man via DQ, but HTM retained the belt when Jimmy Hart knocked out the referee

@ Wrestlemania V the late "Ravishing" Rick Rude def. The Ultimate Warrior to win the I-C Gold but he would soon lose it back to Warrior in a rematch @ Summerslam '89

@ Wrestlemania VI saw the 1st ever Title vs. Title Match as the Ultimate Warrior not only retained his I-C Title, but he won the WWE Heavyweight Championship when he def. Hulk Hogan

He would later vacate the I-C Gold

@ Wrestlemania VII the late Big Boss Man Ray Traylor def. Mr. Perfect via DQ when Haku and the Barbarian came down to rescue Mr. Perfect, causing the DQ. But Andre the Giant came down to ringside, thus meaning Perfect is still the I-C Heavyweight Champion

@ Wrestlemania VIII saw Bret Hart def. Rowdy Roddy Piper to win the I-C Gold for a 2nd time

@ Wrestlemania IX Tatanka def. Shawn Michaels via Countout and during the match, Luna and Sherri brawled outside the ring

Wrestlemania X saw the 1st ever Ladder Match when Razor Ramone Scott Hall def. Shawn Michaels to become the Undisputed WWE I-C Heavyweight Champion and that was on the very same night Bret Hart def. the late Yokozuna to regain the WWE Heavyweight Championship for a 2nd time and Razor Ramone joined in the parade

@ Wrestlemania XI saw Razor Ramone def. Jeff Jarrett via DQ when The Roadie came into the ring and attacked Razor, thus meaning that Jeff Jarrett was still the I-C Heavyweight Champion

Wrestlemania 13 saw Rocky Maivia better known as The Rock def. The Sultan to retain the I-C Gold

Wrestlemania XIV The Rock was @ it again, this time, he def. Ken Shamrock via DQ to retain the belt

Tennessee Lee introduced "Double J" Jeff Jarrett and Gennifer Flowers. Flowers served as the guest ring announcer. Ken Shamrock originally defeated the Rock via submission, but the decision was reversed and Shamrock DQed when he refused to release the anklelock on Rock. It looked as if Faarooq was going to help Rock, but he stopped and walked off.

Wrestlemania XV saw the 1st ever 4 Corners Elimination Match when The Road Dogg Jesse James (BG James) def. Ken Shamrock, Val Venis and Goldust, Val Venis & Shamrock were both Counted Out and James pinned Goldust to finish off the match to retain his belt.

Wrestlemania 2000 saw the 1st ever 2 Fall Triple Threat Match when Kurt Angle defended both belts against Chris Benoit & Chris Jericho

In the 1st fall, Benoit pinned Jericho to win his 1st I-C Heavyweight Championship, but in the 2nd fall, Jericho pinned Benoit to win his 1st European Heavyweight Championship only to lose it the following night to the late Eddie Guerrero on RAW is WAR on USA and Kurt Angle didn't get pinned during both matches and only wakled away with the Olympic Gold

Wrestlemania XVII saw Chris Jericho def. William Regal to retain the I-C Gold

and @ Wrestlemania X8 in Toronto, Rob Van Dam def. William Regal to win his 1st WWE I-C Heavyweight Championship in his 1st Wrestlemania

The I-C Gold has been defended 17 times @ Wrestlemania and has only changed hand @ Wrestlemania 5 times

But ever since Wrestlemania X8, the I-C Gold has not been defended @ Wrestlemania

@ Wrestlemania XIX, the I-C Gold was retired @ No Mercy 2002, but thankfully, Stone Cold came back as co-GM of RAW and reinstated the I-C Heavyweight Championship

@ Wrestlemania XX, Randy Orton was the I-C Champ, but he took part in a 2 on 3 Handicap Match between the reunited Rock 'N' Sock Connection & Evolution

@ Wrestlemania 21 & 22, Shelton Benjamin held the I-C Gold, but he competed in the 1st 2 Money in the Bank Ladder Matches

Last year @ Wrestlemania 23, Umaga held the I-C Gold, but competed in The Battle of the Billionaires Match against then ECW World Heavyweight Champion Bobby Lashley

and this year @ Wrestlemania XXIV in Orlando, FL, Chris Jericho who won the I-C Title from Jeff Hardy for an 8th time on RAW competed in Money in the Bank IV, and BTW, Jericho also competed in the very 1st Money in the Bank Ladder Match consisting on Shelton Benjamin, Chris Benoit, Edge, Christian & Kane.

and now, with Wrestlemania coming up next year

Should the WWE I-C Heavyweight Gold be defended @ Wrestlemania XXV?

That's the Question!

Please share your thoughts on all of this, and either this year of next year, I will give you a history on the I-C Gold @ Wrestlemania.

Should the I-C Gold be defended @ Wrestlemania 25? Ic-steamboat01st-1
Should the I-C Gold be defended @ Wrestlemania 25? Ic-rude01st-1
Should the I-C Gold be defended @ Wrestlemania 25? Ic-bhart02nd-1
Should the I-C Gold be defended @ Wrestlemania 25? Ic-benoit0-1
Should the I-C Gold be defended @ Wrestlemania 25? Ic-rvd01-1
Should the I-C Gold be defended @ Wrestlemania 25? Intercontinenatlsmackdown
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Should the I-C Gold be defended @ Wrestlemania 25?   Should the I-C Gold be defended @ Wrestlemania 25? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 7:55 pm

If Santino is still IC then yes because honestly thats the only way I see him getting on the card. More importantly, I'd like to see the IC championship have value and be defended on the biggest stage not just have the champion in MITB or a regular match. I don't think WWE cares enough about the mid card championships to have them defended at their biggest PPV but, it is certainly something I would like to see.
Back to top Go down
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac
Ex-Mattitude Follower

Male Number of posts : 4927
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Should the I-C Gold be defended @ Wrestlemania 25?   Should the I-C Gold be defended @ Wrestlemania 25? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 8:20 pm

The IC Title should nearly always be defended at WrestleMania. It's supposed to be the stepping stone to the main event and therefore deserves a match on the annual supershow. I can understand if the champ is involved in a match which could prove to be more important such as the MITB. But other than that, it should be defended in my opinion. The belt needs to mean more than just a prop for storylines as it was once very prestigious. Putting an IC match on 'Mania would be a good start to regaining the cred.
Back to top Go down
TheWittyTwit
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion

Male Number of posts : 632
Registration date : 2007-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Should the I-C Gold be defended @ Wrestlemania 25?   Should the I-C Gold be defended @ Wrestlemania 25? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 1:40 am

Two things. First:

PLEASE in the future, split a post like this next time into two different ones:

1.) A post asking if the Intercontinental Title should be defended at Wrestlemania

2.) A post about the history of the Intercontinental Title.

Doing this would make it much easier to sort through for all of us readers.

Second:

YES, the Intercontinental Championship needs to be defended at the biggest show of the year... IF they want it to maintain any credibility.
Back to top Go down
money
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
money

Male Number of posts : 1057
Registration date : 2008-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Should the I-C Gold be defended @ Wrestlemania 25?   Should the I-C Gold be defended @ Wrestlemania 25? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 4:55 am

Yes I-C Should be defended for sure, It is long over due. It is one of my favorite titles but I dont think maralla should have it. It should be kennedy vs HBK at wrestlemania for the IC Title at wm25.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should the I-C Gold be defended @ Wrestlemania 25?   Should the I-C Gold be defended @ Wrestlemania 25? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Should the I-C Gold be defended @ Wrestlemania 25?
Page 1 of 1