chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Has the I-C Title gone to waste in the WWE?

Go down 
+2
DJ Hipp
tnalockdownfan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
tnalockdownfan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2467
Registration date : 2008-04-09

Has the I-C Title gone to waste in the WWE? Empty
PostSubject: Has the I-C Title gone to waste in the WWE?   Has the I-C Title gone to waste in the WWE? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 1:48 pm

Hey guys, I want to talk about a title that doesn't get any respect these days:

The WWE Intercontinental Heavyweight Championship

For nearly 30 years, it has been one of the most covenant titles in the WWE

The WWE Intercontinental Heavyweight Championship

The I-C Title is a stepping stone toward the traditional WWE Heavyweight Championship

The WWE I-C Heavyweight Championship dates back to 1979 when Pat Patterson unified both the Northern Heavyweight Championship and the Southern Heavyweight Championship and unified both belts into the I-C Title.

Since the 80's, many people have held the I-C Gold

The likes of Pedro Morales, Randy Savage, Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat, the longest running I-C Champ in WWE History The Honky Tonk Man, Rick Rude, the Utimate Warrior, Curt Hennig, Kerry Von Erick, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Bret Hart, the British Bulldog Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, Jeff Jarrett, Edge, Christian, Lance Storm, Booker T., Chris Jericho, Chris Benoit, Kurt Angle, Eddie Guerrero, Jeff Hardy and even the 1st Female I-C Champion Chyna as well as Stone Cold, The Rock, Kane and even Ric Flair.

But sadly, these days, it seems likes the I-C Gold is not recieving any respect.

The current champion is Santino Marella, but he hasn't been defending the belt much as of late.

and there are many people who are fans of Santino to call his reign as I-C Champ is a joke.

and so, I ask you all this:

That's the Question!

Please share your thoughts on all of this.

Has the I-C Title gone to waste in the WWE? SSlam_Photo_017
Back to top Go down
DJ Hipp
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
DJ Hipp

Male Number of posts : 864
Registration date : 2008-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Has the I-C Title gone to waste in the WWE?   Has the I-C Title gone to waste in the WWE? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 1:52 pm

I dont see any reason to believe it has. It may not be held by as high up guys as it used to be, but remember just a few months ago when Kofi beat Jericho for the belt? That skyrocketed Kofi's popularity for awhile. So it's still doing its intended purpose, both serving as a belt for midcard talent, and helping people get over.
Back to top Go down
TheWittyTwit
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion

Male Number of posts : 632
Registration date : 2007-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Has the I-C Title gone to waste in the WWE?   Has the I-C Title gone to waste in the WWE? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 2:36 pm

Santino Marella is the greatest Intercontinental Champion (A.K.A. Champion of Planet Earth) of ALL THE TIMES.

Period.
Back to top Go down
stl311
The Omega VIP
The Omega VIP
stl311

Male Number of posts : 3627
Registration date : 2007-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Has the I-C Title gone to waste in the WWE?   Has the I-C Title gone to waste in the WWE? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 2:51 pm

As much as it pains me to say this...NO title has went to waste in the WWE...not even the ECW.

*please forgive me Tod and Paul*

But...the booking rates for former WWE guys are BIG amounts of money....here are some figures.

Heidenreich, 900.
Stevie Richards,1000.

Now champion rates.
Former ECW Champion Sandman, 1500.
Former WCW Champion Ron Simmons, in 92 it was 1500, now its 3000.

So those belts add paydays.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ecw.com
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Has the I-C Title gone to waste in the WWE?   Has the I-C Title gone to waste in the WWE? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 3:22 pm

It hasn't gone to waste it's just not as high as it once was. Although, I don't like Santino's reign it's better then Jericho's and Jeff Hardys last reigns because they were already in the main event or really over and had no reason to hold the belt because they someselves barely brought it up.
Back to top Go down
Black Dagger
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
Black Dagger

Male Number of posts : 794
Registration date : 2007-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Has the I-C Title gone to waste in the WWE?   Has the I-C Title gone to waste in the WWE? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 3:24 pm

Santino is comic gold with his honk a meter lol. He is currently at 11 weeks lol. So no its not a joke.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwe.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has the I-C Title gone to waste in the WWE?   Has the I-C Title gone to waste in the WWE? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1