chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CM Punk next IC Champion

Go down 
+3
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Inah
K.Smoke
7 posters
AuthorMessage
K.Smoke
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
K.Smoke

Male Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2008-11-22

CM Punk next IC Champion Empty
PostSubject: CM Punk next IC Champion   CM Punk next IC Champion Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 12:01 pm

I've been wanting to see this for a while. I think CM Punk is the only one who will be able t bring prestige back to the IC belt. I never liked CM Punk as WHC but as IC champion he should be able to dominate. Anyone that comes for that belt will have to earn it. It will bring it back to the days of Jake Roberts, Mr. Perfect, Rick Rude, Honky Talk Man and their like. I like CM Punk and I think he can become the greatest IC champion of all time.
Back to top Go down
http://WWE.com
Inah
Head Bitch In Charge
Head Bitch In Charge

Female Number of posts : 4534
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk next IC Champion   CM Punk next IC Champion Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 12:08 pm

I agree that Punk would be a great Intercontinental Champion and he can bring the prestige back to the championship, but I disagree on you with CM Punk becoming the greatest IC Champion of all time. We have had Intercontinental Champions such as Chris Jericho, Edge, Mr. Perfect, The Ultimate Warrior, Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, SCSA, Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit. I don't really think Punk will become better than those mentioned, especially Chris Jericho, who in my opinion, is the best Intercontinental Champion ever.
Back to top Go down
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac
Ex-Mattitude Follower

Male Number of posts : 4927
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk next IC Champion   CM Punk next IC Champion Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 12:22 pm

CM Punk would suit being IC Champion really well. If WWE gave him a nice long reign, he could bring the prestigue back to the belt in feuds against Kofi Kingston, Ted DiBiase Jr. etc. Punk lacked the build up before he won the WHC and the way he was booked really hurt his character. He's not main event level right now, give it a year or so of solid consistant build up in the IC division and a trade to Smackdown, he should be ready for the top tier again. Punk should turn heel on Kofi, it would be perfect as he could start to truly use those promos skills. With a new cocky attitude and his unique moveset, he could become one of the best IC Champs of all-time, but I'm not sure about the best.
Back to top Go down
K.Smoke
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
K.Smoke

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk next IC Champion   CM Punk next IC Champion Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 12:26 pm

Inah wrote:
I agree that Punk would be a great Intercontinental Champion and he can bring the prestige back to the championship, but I disagree on you with CM Punk becoming the greatest IC Champion of all time. We have had Intercontinental Champions such as Chris Jericho, Edge, Mr. Perfect, The Ultimate Warrior, Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, SCSA, Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit. I don't really think Punk will become better than those mentioned, especially Chris Jericho, who in my opinion, is the best Intercontinental Champion ever.
Its alway hard to agree that someone will be the best at anything. So much can happen to prevent that and the names you mentioned are already proven greats. I have to disagree about Y2J though. Truth be told I forgot that he was IC champion and it crazy when he's the only person to hold it 8 times. RVD comes the closest with 6. But the reason is because though he held it for so long his total reign didn't even come up to a year. in comparison. Honkey Talk man only had one reign and he lasted for over a year. Savage only had 1 reign and he had it over a year. Pedro Morales only had 2 reigns and he had it almost 2 years. There are at least 30 people who have had longer reigns then Jericho and at least 10 that have had longer total reigns then him and when its all said and done he will never me mentioned along the greatest IC champs in history. He is definitely Hall of fame bound and will get better notice for his WHC wins and the fact that he's the first Undisputed champion.
Back to top Go down
CenaDxDiva
Dark Match Wrestler
Dark Match Wrestler
CenaDxDiva

Female Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk next IC Champion   CM Punk next IC Champion Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 1:34 pm

I Just hope if he does get the belt they do his title run alot better then they did with the World Championship belt
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwe.com
K.Smoke
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
K.Smoke

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk next IC Champion   CM Punk next IC Champion Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 7:20 am

Yeah, more than likely it will be but it looks like Rey could through a micky in the mix
Back to top Go down
TheWittyTwit
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion

Male Number of posts : 632
Registration date : 2007-10-01

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk next IC Champion   CM Punk next IC Champion Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 9:34 pm

What about John Morrison, who is said by many to be the next Shawn Michaels? What about Rey Mysterio, a former World Heavyweight Champion? What about Kofi Kingston, a former IC champion himself? I'd say no matter who wins it, we've got the prestige of the Intercontinental Championship back.

That said, I would certainly not mind Punk, as long as he goes heel, since I've grown horribly bored of him as a face.
Back to top Go down
K.Smoke
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
K.Smoke

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk next IC Champion   CM Punk next IC Champion Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 7:53 am

Yeah, I'm tired of him as a heel also but I think a face is to far. Maybe a tweeny (anti hero). But I don't think that any of the other challengers will necessarily hurt the IC division in fact besides Kofi who I like, I think a long reign wouldn't be bad. I'll be bad for Kofi because there are too many vets that I just can't see him realistically beating. I can see him beating Regal but not winning a fued against him or any of the contestants. CM Punk has the highest chance of really making a reign look good and I think his character is better suited for fighting against "good guy" wrestlers then Rey would be. It's hard to see Rey fight against Batista or Cena. Even if he were to win which I doubt I think most people would just rather not see it happen. Morrison could fight against them but unless he turns I can't see him fighting against a Miz or a Shelton. I just think CM Punk character prepared him for it. He doesn't have to change to heel or keep a "good guy" persona.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk next IC Champion   CM Punk next IC Champion Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 5:59 pm

Actually, I don't want CM Punk as IC champion unless he and Kofi are going to lose the Tag belts soon, and that would do nothing more than further devalue the tag titles lower than WWE already did. Which is why I don't care much for dual champions because it either means unifaction or one stops getting defended and the point of the championship becomes nothing more then something they have. That being said, if Punk was to turn heel he'd most likely do it during a tag title defense costing them the belts but, what would have been the point of having them lose it. Seeing as Priceless will most likely be the ones to win it back, which I don't see them doing it without Dibiase because honestly I don't think it would be smart to give the belts to Cody and Manu. Hell, I don't want Regal to lose the belt. Heres why, the World Championship has change four times in about a month. Regal pretty much just won the IC championship. Like I said, either nothing happens with the Tag Championships and their just there or it starts switching hands quickly. Do we really need all those belts to devalue more or to just pretty much have overkill on one (technically two) championship.
Back to top Go down
K.Smoke
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
K.Smoke

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk next IC Champion   CM Punk next IC Champion Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 3:20 am

Y2J X wrote:
Actually, I don't want CM Punk as IC champion unless he and Kofi are going to lose the Tag belts soon, and that would do nothing more than further devalue the tag titles lower than WWE already did. Which is why I don't care much for dual champions because it either means unifaction or one stops getting defended and the point of the championship becomes nothing more then something they have. That being said, if Punk was to turn heel he'd most likely do it during a tag title defense costing them the belts but, what would have been the point of having them lose it. Seeing as Priceless will most likely be the ones to win it back, which I don't see them doing it without Dibiase because honestly I don't think it would be smart to give the belts to Cody and Manu. Hell, I don't want Regal to lose the belt. Heres why, the World Championship has change four times in about a month. Regal pretty much just won the IC championship. Like I said, either nothing happens with the Tag Championships and their just there or it starts switching hands quickly. Do we really need all those belts to devalue more or to just pretty much have overkill on one (technically two) championship.

Good scenario and questions but here's a good scenerio. CM Punk just dumps Kofi as his partner because he wins the IC title. Kofi takes it personal and a fued develops. That way they don't lose and we get to have a tag team tournament. Maybe that would be too many tournament huh!
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk next IC Champion   CM Punk next IC Champion Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 8:06 pm

BEAST wrote:
Y2J X wrote:

Good scenario and questions but here's a good scenerio. CM Punk just dumps Kofi as his partner because he wins the IC title. Kofi takes it personal and a fued develops. That way they don't lose and we get to have a tag team tournament. Maybe that would be too many tournament huh!

Yeah, to much tournaments. WWE has devalued the cage match recently and no reason to have them due that with tournaments. Plus if we had a Kofi/Punk feud, I'd rather have Kofi and Punk in the finals and have Kofi win, in a way that Kofi is perceived as a fac e but, has Punk get cheated out. Then have Punk cost Kofi the IC match against Regal. That way, Kofi/Punk rivalry can happen and Punk can turn face, Regal can still be IC champion and the belt doesn't have to be devalued with three champions in about two months, Punk and Kofi could probably manage to remain
Tag champions for awhile which would cause for more intersting tatics in the match and a more exicting team.

That being said, if Regal isn't going to win the championship, than logical Rey is going to win: if he wasn't why would WWE put the time in to have Knox take him out, have Layla try to get him out of the tournment, only to have Rey come back in the end and make it on to the next round? The answer, he's going to face Regal and probably become IC Champion.
Back to top Go down
K.Smoke
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
K.Smoke

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk next IC Champion   CM Punk next IC Champion Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 12:53 am

Y2J X wrote:
BEAST wrote:
Y2J X wrote:

Yeah, to much tournaments. WWE has devalued the cage match recently and no reason to have them due that with tournaments. Plus if we had a Kofi/Punk feud, I'd rather have Kofi and Punk in the finals and have Kofi win, in a way that Kofi is perceived as a fac e but, has Punk get cheated out. Then have Punk cost Kofi the IC match against Regal. That way, Kofi/Punk rivalry can happen and Punk can turn face, Regal can still be IC champion and the belt doesn't have to be devalued with three champions in about two months, Punk and Kofi could probably manage to remain
Tag champions for awhile which would cause for more intersting tatics in the match and a more exicting team.

That being said, if Regal isn't going to win the championship, than logical Rey is going to win: if he wasn't why would WWE put the time in to have Knox take him out, have Layla try to get him out of the tournment, only to have Rey come back in the end and make it on to the next round? The answer, he's going to face Regal and probably become IC Champion.
No I don't think that logically Rey is going to win. I think that they have perpetuated Reys injuries to build an excuse for him losing in order to set up a plot for a future fight with the 2 of them later on. Rey can blame his lost on injuries and if they decide they want to give Rey the title then they will fill that they already justified it. I was already figuring that they had other plans for Morrison and Kofi so remember I was the one that put up the poll to this topic and chose Rey and Punk as the finalist and I saw the whole plot unfolding. I'm going with Punk. Regal will more than likely lose his title he's been suffering from some type of virus he contracted while in Europe and he has been out of action since.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk next IC Champion   CM Punk next IC Champion Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 11:40 am

BEAST wrote:
Y2J X wrote:
BEAST wrote:
Y2J X wrote:

No I don't think that logically Rey is going to win. I think that they have perpetuated Reys injuries to build an excuse for him losing in order to set up a plot for a future fight with the 2 of them later on. Rey can blame his lost on injuries and if they decide they want to give Rey the title then they will fill that they already justified it. I was already figuring that they had other plans for Morrison and Kofi so remember I was the one that put up the poll to this topic and chose Rey and Punk as the finalist and I saw the whole plot unfolding. I'm going with Punk. Regal will more than likely lose his title he's been suffering from some type of virus he contracted while in Europe and he has been out of action since.

I hope your wrong about Rey, all that ends up doing is making Miz look like a horrible wrestler, seeing as he couldn't be Rey when the injury was freshest, and Punk or Regal could when he had time to heal. Not to mention it's out of Rey's charater to blame an injury. I just over all don't see logical in making Rey into someone who just blames his injuries then what he normally would do, hell a normal Rey promo would be him saying before the match, that the injury doesn't matter becuase of the heart he has inside him, why take that away? Back to Miz, the only reason to make him look weak is if their going to have Morrison turn on him, and WWE needs more Tag teams, not less. Maybe I'm not looking at it through WWE's eye but, I sure as hell hope that doesn't happen.
Back to top Go down
K.Smoke
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
K.Smoke

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk next IC Champion   CM Punk next IC Champion Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 11:55 am

Well you can surely be prepared to see Morrison turn on Miz and not to far from now. He's really playing the Shawn Michaels card and we all know how that ended up. And I don't think that Reys injury makes anyone else look weak since they already established that Rey was/is great. He has a long overly drawn out battle with Kane in which he came up on top. Plus he was the smallest WHC in history. He'll of course fight through injuries and he doesn't have to be the one to mention it. But someone else can simply say to CM Punk that Rey wasn't 100% you saw how he reacted when it was Batista claiming he wasn't 100%. Punk feels like he has something to prove so he'll call Rey out. Its already in his character. I agree with you on the tag team situation but Miz & Morrison don't have staying power and they both already have established too much on their own. I mean they have been doing the DX thing so maybe they'll just get slpit up at the draft. But trust believe you me they will not stay tag teams. By March or June the latest, Team Sexy will not be an item.
Back to top Go down
Blueberry
Amateur Wrestler
Amateur Wrestler

Male Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk next IC Champion   CM Punk next IC Champion Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 9:36 pm

Why will he bring prestige to it? Jericho was champion recently and Regal is the current champ. Is that not prestigous enough? I like C.M Punk but others have been champions that are just ass good. UNLESS! your talking about recent champ Santino? He is a joke for sure! lol!
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk next IC Champion   CM Punk next IC Champion Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 9:57 pm

Blueberry wrote:
Why will he bring prestige to it? Jericho was champion recently and Regal is the current champ. Is that not prestigous enough? I like C.M Punk but others have been champions that are just ass good. UNLESS! your talking about recent champ Santino? He is a joke for sure! lol!

Yeah Jericho made it prestigse, defending three times (including his lost to Kofi) since he won it before Mania and lost it at Vengence Rolling Eyes .

Jericho was champion, he didn't bring it out during any promos, he fueded with Michaels over something entirely different and never defended the IC championship, and for parts him being IC champion was barely mentioned. Not during his promos (he mentioned being an eight time IC Champion more than being the current one) or the commentators (Who mentioned it more than he did). Regal will be nothing more than a transtitional champion most likely. He already won by beating Santino and he'll probably lose it to whoever wins the tournement.
Back to top Go down
Blueberry
Amateur Wrestler
Amateur Wrestler

Male Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk next IC Champion   CM Punk next IC Champion Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 10:22 pm

Thats beside the point! Jericho is a numerous IC Champion so by him just winning it is prestigious enough Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk next IC Champion   CM Punk next IC Champion Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 10:33 pm

Blueberry wrote:
Thats beside the point! Jericho is a numerous IC Champion so by him just winning it is prestigious enough Rolling Eyes

So, you're saying Jericho can be IC champion, and defend once in a year and the title would be presitigous? The wrestler who holds the championship isn't the only thing that makes a title presitigous. The most important thing is that the IC belt is used and defended. Ok, Jericho won it multiple times, good for him but guess what it doesn't mean it's prestigious becuase he holds it again. If Hornswoggle was an seven time IC champion and he held it again that doesn't make it prestigious (although I wouldn't watch WWE by that time). I know you said Jericho and not Hornswoggle but, in context that is what you said because it can be appailed to every worker in WWE.
Back to top Go down
K.Smoke
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
K.Smoke

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk next IC Champion   CM Punk next IC Champion Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 6:47 am

My point exactly. Santino was a joke and jokes don't hold on titles. you could possibly see him winning it the first time the way he won and all. But to win it again was idioticy. Punk will bring prestige to the belt by getting believable victories while maintaining his reign. Prestige is bought to the belt by how hard it is to get. The WWE learned that they could make money off of making it hard to get along time ago but over the last 15 years started allowing too many people to get it. They was on a fullfilling your dreams theme and it depriated all of its titles. They need a long reigning champion. An example is Mike Tyson for the Heavyweight division in boxing since his decline we have had many claimers and champions but the heavyweight division wasn't the same since his decline. It became rather boring in fact.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk next IC Champion   CM Punk next IC Champion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CM Punk next IC Champion
Page 1 of 1