chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Christian Back among the lions?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
K.Smoke
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
K.Smoke

Male Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2008-11-22

Christian Back among the lions? Empty
PostSubject: Christian Back among the lions?   Christian Back among the lions? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 8:34 am

Christian back among the lions?

By ROB McNICHOL

Published: Today

SEVERAL weeks ago on TNA Impact the Main Event Mafia were welcoming their newest member, Christian Cage.
However instead of embracing him they opted instead to beat him down, leaving in a heap and he has not been feature on TNA TV since.

Kurt Angle, the Mafia’s front man, cited Christian’s inability to choose between TNA and WWE, let alone the Frontline or The MEM, as the reason for him getting his backside handed to him.

TNA are notorious for their back references to other companies.

They have been sensible enough to refer to past instances in WCW and ECW, where wrestlers have experienced similar things to the circumstances their character is going through in the Impact Zone.

However, it does appear at times that they are a trifle obsessed with the bigger company up North and one can’t help but feel they would be better served to quell the allusions to WWE a little.

In Christian Cage’s case specifically.

There has been buzz for some time about the Instant Classic not renewing his TNA contract, with speculation mounting that he’d be heading back to WWE.

In fact, when The Sun caught up with Christian in Chicago at Bound for Glory and asked him about it, he skilfully sidestepped the question.

Instead he chose to laugh about Edge wanting him back – joking he’d hurt his wrestling ‘brother’ if he said anything different – but never declaring his intentions one way or another.

Perhaps this is an enormous ploy by TNA to try to work the Internet wrestling community in a similar manner to when Kevin Nash looked to be returning to New York before clocking Samoa Joe in the BFG Main Event.

If it is, we have to question the logic of it.

One of the things missing from wrestling over the last few years has been the surprise factor.

Because of the Internet’s proliferation of sites giving you news (guilty as charged!) part of gloss is taken away from big surprises.

However, right now we genuinely do not know whether Christian Cage is done with TNA or not, and we do not know if he will appear in WWE or not.

By TNA saying that Christian is gone they may be trying to lessen the effect of Cage turning up on Raw or Smackdown, but you could venture that it may actually stir more interest in seeing if the former CLB will re-emerge.

Should Christian return to the stage which made him famous, there are some exciting storyline possibilities, and that’s aside from the fact that we might hear Christian’s awesome WWE entrance music once again.

Firstly, reports have emerged in the past week that Travis Tomko has signed a contract with WWE.

Known by Tyson Tomko in WWE and simply by his surname in TNA, he was a “Problem Solver” for Christian in both companies. If the Canadian were to join WWE again, his enforcer is on-hand for a reprise of the role.

More appetising is the potential for some work with Edge.. It could be Edge v Christian or it could be a reuniting of one of the best tag teams of their generation.

How about this for a scenario?

Edge and Jeff Hardy engage in a programme off the back of Hardy being assaulted before Survivor Series.

Throughout Edge maintains his innocence, but Hardy refuses to believe him.

Eventually it would turn out that Christian was the man who knocked Hardy out, and could set up an Edge and Christian v The Hardy Boyz match for WrestleMania.

Who wouldn’t want to see that?

Or maybe the storyline could reveal that Matt Hardy, in fact, knocked his brother out, jealous of the attention he is getting.

Matt could be bitter about being ECW champion but getting ignored, while Jeff wins nothing and is idolised.

With Edge and Matt aligned - we know that’s a leap of faith given past experiences, but it’s not inconceivable - against Jeff, wouldn’t it be something if Christian returned to give Jeff some back up?

If he is still genuinely undecided, Christian has to make a decision not just about whether jumping to WWE will simply see him lumbered in the mid-card once again, but on whether that is a better place to be than at the top of TNA.
Back to top Go down
http://WWE.com
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

Male Number of posts : 8610
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Christian Back among the lions?   Christian Back among the lions? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 8:41 am

God damn it, i thought he morphed into a lion. very misleadin title there BEAST. Please change it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
money
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
money

Male Number of posts : 1057
Registration date : 2008-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Christian Back among the lions?   Christian Back among the lions? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 7:42 am

Christian just needs to come back to WWE. I mean he will have Tomko and Edge here so he has good reasons to return.
Back to top Go down
K.Smoke
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
K.Smoke

PostSubject: Re: Christian Back among the lions?   Christian Back among the lions? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 11:22 am

Sykesy wrote:
God damn it, i thought he morphed into a lion. very misleadin title there BEAST. Please change it Very Happy
The author of the article named it I just pasted what I saw. Anyway I like the title I thought it would get more views. I at first wanted him to stay in TNA now I don't care I just want him to make up his damn mind.
Back to top Go down
CMHL_Is_Legend
Main Eventer
Main Eventer
CMHL_Is_Legend

Male Number of posts : 1548
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Christian Back among the lions?   Christian Back among the lions? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 5:48 pm

Christian sure has hell better make a decison soon.
Back to top Go down
TheRealFan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
TheRealFan

Female Number of posts : 3217
Location : With Corey Taylor in his closet... And not wanting to come out. <3
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Christian Back among the lions?   Christian Back among the lions? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 8:08 pm

He'd better stay in TNA imo
Back to top Go down
K.Smoke
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
K.Smoke

PostSubject: Re: Christian Back among the lions?   Christian Back among the lions? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 9:28 am

I'm starting to think that it is a plot raise his value and bring interest into his up coming fued with MEM. Because if it was about money he would of been signed with WWE because he is official done with the TNA contract so now he isn't making any money. At the same time though he could be trying to get more money out of TNA. It worked for Nash. If they offer him more money he'll stay. I would rather him stay in TNA. But it could also be that WWE is holding off to lessen the effect of the MEM beating. Maybe a ploy by Cage to get even more money out of the WWE or better yet a better push.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christian Back among the lions?   Christian Back among the lions? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Christian Back among the lions?
Page 1 of 1