chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cena really boosting Raw ratings

Go down 
+4
Ex-Mattitude Follower
C-Makaveli
Sykesy
K.Smoke
8 posters
AuthorMessage
K.Smoke
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
K.Smoke

Male Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2008-11-22

Cena really boosting Raw ratings Empty
PostSubject: Cena really boosting Raw ratings   Cena really boosting Raw ratings Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 8:07 pm

- Since John Cena's return, ratings for WWE RAW are up 13.82 percent. In overall viewer ship, RAW's five-week average jumped from 4.57 million viewers following the Nov. 24 show to 4.73 million viewers including last week's ratings, which was a healthy three percent jump on the strength of John Cena's second week back.

Impactwrestling. com
Back to top Go down
http://WWE.com
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

Male Number of posts : 8610
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Cena really boosting Raw ratings   Cena really boosting Raw ratings Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 8:33 pm

And people say Cena is a joke LMAO

No suprise though, He really is an exciting asset.
Back to top Go down
K.Smoke
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
K.Smoke

PostSubject: Re: Cena really boosting Raw ratings   Cena really boosting Raw ratings Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 10:04 pm

People hate Cena mostly be cause he is the face of wrestling so of course they're going to make him the face of the brand when he's so dedicated and the people love him. But with that haters arrive just to rival the fans. I mean some people just get tired of seeing someone achieve over and over again. I never liked Hogan until he was no longer face of the Brand. Thats when I started respecting what he did for wrestling. Same for Jordan. I hated him. I was always a Clyde Drexler fan but to not respect what MJ did for the game is rediculous. Same here with Cena. He is really keeping wrestling afloat in these tough times. Even while they battle MNF in these tough times. He has to be respected if not loved.
Back to top Go down
C-Makaveli
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
C-Makaveli

Male Number of posts : 758
Registration date : 2007-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Cena really boosting Raw ratings   Cena really boosting Raw ratings Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 10:14 pm

BEAST wrote:
People hate Cena mostly be cause he is the face of wrestling so of course they're going to make him the face of the brand when he's so dedicated and the people love him. But with that haters arrive just to rival the fans. I mean some people just get tired of seeing someone achieve over and over again. I never liked Hogan until he was no longer face of the Brand. Thats when I started respecting what he did for wrestling. Same for Jordan. I hated him. I was always a Clyde Drexler fan but to not respect what MJ did for the game is rediculous. Same here with Cena. He is really keeping wrestling afloat in these tough times. Even while they battle MNF in these tough times. He has to be respected if not loved.

People hate Cena because he beats everybody, not just because he is the face of the company.

Look what they did when they brought Lesnar in, they built him up undefeated, he won the title then he began loosing a few matches to help develop his character.

Cena on the other hand beat everybody the company threw at him for 3 years straight and it got boring fast, with his stupid Marine gimmick.

The only reason they dropped the title off of him was because of an ''injury'' , but the real reason was because the fans hated him so much. The fans over 15 that is. And they were chanting louder than the ones that liked him so the WWe had to do something.
Back to top Go down
K.Smoke
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
K.Smoke

PostSubject: Re: Cena really boosting Raw ratings   Cena really boosting Raw ratings Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 5:50 am

Can't go with you on that one because for the last 20 years of the 45 year history we have had 20 some odd Champions out of the the 25-27 total champions. Which means that the rapid title change is a new phenomenom (however u spell that damn word). I watched the Hogan Rule and the Macho Man rule and the Bret rule and the HBK rule. And they were all similar. The reason we only have 5 guys over the year mark, as a perteual champion is because It wasn't common to keep losing and regaining the belt. A long reigning champ is what this company was built on. This new idea started more so during the Rock era. Which is why I so hated the Rock. He made it a specticle to see a person struggle to win the title, when it use to be a spectical to see the champion retain. This is the reason why the belt basically has almost no value anymore. I mean Santino Marella is a multi time IC champion. Thats rediculous. Especially when guys like Regal and Punk, Rey and the rest are around. I don't care who helps him he should never be able to have a reign what so ever. The WWE is doing good by letting Cena reign. Even if you don't like him he's good for business. So that the next person to wear that belt can have some respect added to his name. I mean it was so bad that Y2J being an undisputed champion doesn't even mean anything. They had down graded the ECW title so much that Vince himself was the Champion. And when you see Cena at tribute to the troops there are no children there. Cena is returning WWE back to its glory days and I at 30 (31 in a few days) am glad to see it.
Back to top Go down
C-Makaveli
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
C-Makaveli

Male Number of posts : 758
Registration date : 2007-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Cena really boosting Raw ratings   Cena really boosting Raw ratings Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 9:36 am

I never said that putting the Title on Cena wasnt good for business.

But what you just said is bullshit, Cena didnt loose in like 3 years, im gonna look up his matches later.

He barely even got beaten down to put his opponent over.

The example I always use is when Cena beat Umaga, they had built Umaga up as an unstoppable machine, undefeated in whatever the number was matches. Then he gets to the WWE title and the WWE have him job to Cena.

Not saying that I would want Umaga as champion, but why go to all that effort to have him loose.

When Rock was champion, he put over people over.

When Austinw as champion he put people over.

It made them look like serious champions.

When Orton was feuding with Cena in 2007, he had a huge amount of momentum due to the fans hating Cena, but the WWE had him constantly loose to Cena.
Back to top Go down
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac
Ex-Mattitude Follower

Male Number of posts : 4927
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Cena really boosting Raw ratings   Cena really boosting Raw ratings Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 10:03 am

Cal, how many times... Cena beating Umaga did not harm Umaga's image!

Umaga dominated their match at New Years Revolution and Cena scored a fluke win with a roll-up. Umaga looked really good and Cena seemed in danger of losing his belt. Then at the Rumble, it took Cena a load of weapons to defeat Umaga. Umaga came out of the feud with more momentun than before as he dominated Cena.
Back to top Go down
K.Smoke
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
K.Smoke

PostSubject: Re: Cena really boosting Raw ratings   Cena really boosting Raw ratings Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 10:30 am

We can just look at some of his losses last year. How about him losing to Kevin Federline, Carlito, Khali, Edge, Shawn Michaels.... But anyway Cena and Y2J is bigger than Cena. You ever wonder why Jericho said Karma when he was told that he would have to face Cena a the Series? Go ahead ask me. Matter of fact I'll tell you because Jericho was the first person John Cena ever beat. First he beat him in a tag match with Cena and Undertaker vs Y2J and Angle on smackdown in 02. Then he beat him for his first WWE singles Victory on Smackdown in 02. Then his first PPV victory came against Y2J in 02 at Vengence. So this whole thing right now with Cena having the belt going against Y2J is more about history then anything and history shows that before they can dethrone a champ they have to have a long drawn out feud. Cena is basically done at the top. Raw will focus on the future. Cena will end back on Smackdown before his next major push but they have to milk the cow and at the same time move forward with plans. It took too long to build Cena. They don't want to go through that again so status has to return to the belt and Cena is the best man for the job since they have already established that he wont go down easily.
Back to top Go down
Geronimo
Wrestling Fan
Wrestling Fan

Male Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Cena really boosting Raw ratings   Cena really boosting Raw ratings Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 11:33 am

C-Makaveli, your posts make it sound as if Cena himself buried people similar to the way Triple H did but Cena won most of the time was down to the creative and booking teams.

I doubt Cena had much input, he just went out there did what he was told to. The smarks, and it is mostly them booing Cena who i think is a very good talent, maybe not the most gifted in ability but show me a guy who trains as hard, does as much for the company outside the ring and who has the ability to come back from injuries and there will be Cena and maybe one or two select others up there.

Granted Cena shouldnt have had the title for that long but he isnt the one to blame, he a great worker and anyone that says Cena cant wrestle is full of bull sh*t. Do you ever see Cena no selling? No. Do you ever see Cena jobing to people, putting them over? Yes as Beast has stated.

Being able to do a shooting star press is only half of the story and whilst Cena may not be the best with moves he can tell a great story in the ring which is one of the main reasons he has the WWE belt.
Back to top Go down
K.Smoke
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
K.Smoke

PostSubject: Re: Cena really boosting Raw ratings   Cena really boosting Raw ratings Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 1:07 pm

No offense to anyone but I had to go get the stats because I'm tired of hearing people say Cena shouldn't have held the title for that long which 380 days is the longest he held it straight. So heres the numbers:

Since 63 there have been

42 total champions

31 of them since 88 meaning 21 different title holders in 20 years but it gets deeper than that.

19 of them since 98 meaning that in the last 10 years we have had more title holders then ever before the 10 years prior only saw 3 champions. 25 prior only saw 11. But in the last 10 we had 19. That is rediculous.

And in case your wondering Raw have had 7 new title holders and Smack down 4 when they created seperate titles. And let me be clear to say that I'm not talking about title changes. When I say new champions I mean people who never had the belt before. So when I say 19 new in the last 10 that don't even include people who had the belt before that. Raw needs Cena to continue holding on to the belt and whoever come after him needs to do the same. The belt basically has no value right now. This is what the Rock has done to Wrestling (through the creative team that is)
Back to top Go down
Blueberry
Amateur Wrestler
Amateur Wrestler

Male Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Cena really boosting Raw ratings   Cena really boosting Raw ratings Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 9:17 pm

UGH! His fans(The children) Must have tuned in lol!
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: Cena really boosting Raw ratings   Cena really boosting Raw ratings Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 9:55 pm

Im a fan and i dont consider my sself a kid. im a mid teen. Actually most people like Cena, thats who tuned in
Back to top Go down
Blueberry
Amateur Wrestler
Amateur Wrestler

PostSubject: Re: Cena really boosting Raw ratings   Cena really boosting Raw ratings Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 10:24 pm

But mostly his fans are children
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: Cena really boosting Raw ratings   Cena really boosting Raw ratings Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 10:29 pm

No there not. Children are under the age of 12 and you have no proof of this. Your just backing statments from opinions.
Back to top Go down
Blueberry
Amateur Wrestler
Amateur Wrestler

PostSubject: Re: Cena really boosting Raw ratings   Cena really boosting Raw ratings Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 10:31 pm

DUDE chill out! I'm only kidding. Why so serious?
Back to top Go down
K.Smoke
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
K.Smoke

PostSubject: Re: Cena really boosting Raw ratings   Cena really boosting Raw ratings Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 6:01 am

LMAO! Why....So.....Serious. Joker huh! Anyway, Statistics do show that Children are the number 1 fans of the WWE but it must also be stated that WWE demographic is children, meaning thats their target group. However, on the websites the majority of jobbers are over the age of 15. At least that's what it show but we know that some people probably boost their age. But, Still stats show that they're over 12 and Cena is the number 1 favorite. I should add that the highest voters seem to be females. But I need to add that they are the highest is every catagory. Its funny because the majority of watchers are males but women are the most dedicated. At the same time I'm a male 30 yrs old. Cena is my favorite wrestler right now with Orton and Y2J running close behind him. I'm a dedicated fan and have been since the early 80's. I only see Cena helping the future of wrestling. I hated when Hogan did what Cena is doing but now see the necessity of it.
Back to top Go down
AgeOfOrton
Wrestling Fan
Wrestling Fan
AgeOfOrton

Male Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Cena really boosting Raw ratings   Cena really boosting Raw ratings Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 9:25 am

The only necessity is for Cena to lose the belt and get down graded to mid-card fight for the IC belt or something. He's overrated and can't wrestle. Damn Beast your name is everywhere. But you know I had to make my intro bashing Cena right?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Tambourine Man
Mid-Carder
Mid-Carder

Male Number of posts : 496
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Cena really boosting Raw ratings   Cena really boosting Raw ratings Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 10:56 am

Any talk of Cena being unstoppable should be mute at this point. He did nothing but lose matches to all the top guys this year. Triple H, Batista, Randy Orton, JBL... In fact I think he lost a lot more than he should have.
Back to top Go down
K.Smoke
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
K.Smoke

PostSubject: Re: Cena really boosting Raw ratings   Cena really boosting Raw ratings Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 1:32 pm

Agreed and his fan base is lessening. I heard from a Cena fan that was at Armageddon and he said Cena didn't get much love in Buffalo. time for a heel change. I'll still be a fan heel or not. I think.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cena really boosting Raw ratings   Cena really boosting Raw ratings Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cena really boosting Raw ratings
Page 1 of 1