chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Marbury/Garnett reunion?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

Marbury/Garnett reunion? Empty
PostSubject: Marbury/Garnett reunion?   Marbury/Garnett reunion? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 5:55 pm

Quote :
Stephon Marbury took a break from his New York Knicks exile to fly to Minneapolis on Friday to watch his cousin, Sebastian Telfair, play for the Timberwolves. Marbury confirmed his desire to sign with the Boston Celtics if he can complete a contract buyout with the Knicks.

Asked if he's interested in reuniting in Boston with former Wolves teammates Kevin Garnett, during an appearance on Minnesota's local TV broadcast of Friday night's victory over Golden State, Marbury said: "Definitely."

"When I left here [in 1999], it wasn't about basketball," Marbury said. "When I was younger, I had a different disposition as far as how I wanted to live life. Reuniting with Kevin is something that I would love. Going to Boston would be great for basketball and for fans to see Kevin and I reunited, like when we were younger. There is some hope, if I can get out of my contract and they're interested in me. How can you deny the chance?"

ESPN.com, quoting sources with knowledge of the situation, reported Thursday that Boston is Marbury's preferred destination and the Celtics are indeed hopeful of signing the controversial guard.

The fact remains, though, that Marbury and the Knicks have been at a stalemate in oft-contentious buyout talks since Dec. 1. In speaking with reporters Friday night before New York's home loss to Indiana, Knicks president Donnie Walsh hinted Marbury's reluctance to negotiate is the reason that the 31-year-old is not yet a free agent.

"If you're going to do a buyout, it takes two to tango," Walsh said. "You've got to agree on things."

But Walsh, who early in the season gave Marbury permission to talk with other teams, did express hope that negotiations would be reopened soon.

"I plan to talk to them next week," he said. "I don't know anything about teams that made offers as reported at all. If there is [interest from Boston], then that would seem to be motivation [for Marbury] to talk."

But it's believed that the Celtics' concerns about their depth, after losing James Posey and P.J. Brown from last season's title team, have swelled noticeably since they followed up the best 29-game start in NBA history at 27-2 by losing three of the next four games on the road.
Meh, not sure what to expect. Rondo is the obvious guy at point, and Starbury might ride the bench or play like 10 minutes a game. He'll have minimal impact on the Celts IMO.
Back to top Go down
DJ Hipp
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
DJ Hipp

Male Number of posts : 864
Registration date : 2008-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Marbury/Garnett reunion?   Marbury/Garnett reunion? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 10:29 pm

Cassell already barely plays, he'd play one minute the rest of the season if Starbury comes in and plays well. I like Marbury though, I hope he does go to the Celtics so he can win a ring, so the celts can add more depth to make the lakers look foolish, and I think 10 - 15 minutes a game is good for him at this stage of his career.
Back to top Go down
CMHL_Is_Legend
Main Eventer
Main Eventer
CMHL_Is_Legend

Male Number of posts : 1548
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Marbury/Garnett reunion?   Marbury/Garnett reunion? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 3:48 pm

I dont know if he should go to the Celts, how bout the Cavs or Lakers?
Back to top Go down
DJ Hipp
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
DJ Hipp

Male Number of posts : 864
Registration date : 2008-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Marbury/Garnett reunion?   Marbury/Garnett reunion? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 4:42 pm

CMHL_Is_Legend wrote:
I dont know if he should go to the Celts, how bout the Cavs or Lakers?

f the lakers, he'd be the star of their team if he went there, and since people seem to not want him to suceed, put him on a stacked team so he barely plays, not the lakers. Cavs could be good though, but they like the Celtics would have to many good PGs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marbury/Garnett reunion?   Marbury/Garnett reunion? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marbury/Garnett reunion?
Page 1 of 1