chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Masters re-signed

Go down 
+4
Tiff
ladymahogany
StuffOfLegends
Ex-Mattitude Follower
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac
Ex-Mattitude Follower

Male Number of posts : 4927
Registration date : 2007-09-30

Masters re-signed Empty
PostSubject: Masters re-signed   Masters re-signed Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 8:55 am

Source: PWPIX

WWE Re-Signs Wrestler Let Go In 2007

Posted by PWPIX on 06/04/2009
WWE has re-signed Chris Mordetzky, better known as Chris Masters. He is expected to forgo developmental and debut on television soon.

Masters, who is now 26 years old, was released from World Wrestling Entertainment on November 8, 2007 after being suspended for 60 days for having violated the company's Substance Abuse and Drug Policy a second time.

Masters has largely wrestled overseas during his time away.

--------------------------

The fired Elijah Burke and Umaga (forget Kennedy, he's made of glass, there was no point keeping him as a wrestler) yet signed Chris Masters. I don't get it. Masters was always pretty meh when it came to the actual wrestling, I can't recall any good Masters matches other than one against Carlito. Nothing really stood out about Chris, he wasn't very entertaining to watch in my opinion. His physique was the only thing going for him because he was wooden in the ring and his promos were bland. Elijah Burke looked like a real potential main eventer whereas Masters doesn't. And Umaga would have been a far better mid-card powerhouse than Chris Masters ever will be. I expect Masters will be released soon anyway.
Back to top Go down
StuffOfLegends
Slim Shady
Slim Shady
StuffOfLegends

Male Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2007-08-18

Masters re-signed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Masters re-signed   Masters re-signed Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 8:58 am

I rather they keep Mr. Kennedy over Masters. I really don't care about the injuries issue with Kennedy. Masters could be put on ECW though and that wouldn't be bad. Christian, Tommy Dreamer, Masters, and Jack Swagger. They can probably work them in there somehow.
Back to top Go down
ladymahogany
The Legend
The Legend
ladymahogany

Female Number of posts : 1519
Registration date : 2007-07-01

Masters re-signed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Masters re-signed   Masters re-signed Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 11:48 am

I'd rather them keep Kennedy, Umaga, Burke (he got fired?), and just about anyone else that's been recently released than rehiring Masters. I never really found him that interesting to watch, but maybe he will be more entertaining this time around.
Back to top Go down
Tiff
Main Eventer
Main Eventer
Tiff

Female Number of posts : 1929
Registration date : 2007-12-19

Masters re-signed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Masters re-signed   Masters re-signed Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 3:04 pm

Kennedy, Umaga and Elijah are ten times the performers Masters is. Not to mention that he got fired for taking drugs before. Does Vince really think he's going to change?
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwe.com
TheWittyTwit
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion

Male Number of posts : 632
Registration date : 2007-10-01

Masters re-signed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Masters re-signed   Masters re-signed Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 3:22 pm

I agree with just about everything that has been said thus far. Elijah Burke and Youmanga both had all the tools to make it to the top. I don't understand what would make them decide to fire Umaga, and then immediately go out and sign Chris Masters.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

Masters re-signed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Masters re-signed   Masters re-signed Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 7:01 pm

On the Kennedy thing, he has only been injured like III or IV times. Once in MMV (2005), an injury that kept him out for two months (during MITB), and then that final time which kept him out for ten months. I might be missing one (the other time he missed time was do to suspension and filming of his movie), with that in mind, Batista has also been injury about the same amount since WM21, back injury, hamstring, and the most recent (triceps) only difference is Batista is a proven draw and his injury time is usually less then Kennedy's. So the glass comment on Kennedy should apply to Batista aswell. Just to make sure, Kennedy didn't get injured on his last Raw. That is why I'm not going to forget about him.

Anyway, Kennedy, Umaga, and Elijah Burke are much greater talents than Masters every was. Not to mention the only thing he really had (which still wasn't much) was his unbreakable Masterlock which WWE already had Lashley broke it. Never cared much for Masters, his matches didn't do much for me, neither was him on the mic. Also, why not just push someone like Shelton Benjamin, who isn't great on mic but is in the ring. At least he has one half of the formula down, when Masters lacks in both parts.
Back to top Go down
TheRealFan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
TheRealFan

Female Number of posts : 3217
Location : With Corey Taylor in his closet... And not wanting to come out. <3
Registration date : 2008-01-30

Masters re-signed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Masters re-signed   Masters re-signed Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 7:09 pm

WWE have made stupid decisions lately. Burke was really talented with a lot of potential and we neverheard anything bad about him backstage, like he had heat and he was never suspended for taking drugs. Yet, Masters has been suspended for taking drugs and he's a marginal talent at best but he was resigned. Go figure...
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

Masters re-signed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Masters re-signed   Masters re-signed Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 8:20 pm

First I see a thread about Umaga being released, then Masters returning. You can imagine how I feel right about now...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Masters re-signed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Masters re-signed   Masters re-signed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Masters re-signed
Page 1 of 1