chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sundin to skip Olympics

Go down 
AuthorMessage
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

Sundin to skip Olympics Empty
PostSubject: Sundin to skip Olympics   Sundin to skip Olympics Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 5:36 pm

Quote :
Veteran center Mats Sundin will reportedly not play for defending champion Sweden in the Olympic hockey tournament next year.

"There will be no Olympics in Vancouver for me next year," Sundin was quoted as saying Sunday on the Swedish newspaper Expressen's website. "I will not change my mind," Sundin told the newspaper. "I think it's time that the next generation takes over. We have many good players."

The 38-year-old Sundin, who played for the Vancouver Canucks last season after spending most of his NHL career with the Toronto Maple Leafs, was one of Sweden's key players in the 2006 Turin Olympics. Sweden beat Finland in the final for its second gold since 1994.

"It was the perfect ending of a long career for Sweden, to lead the Swedish team against the best in the world and win Olympic gold for the first time when all teams had their stars playing. I could not have dreamed of a better scenario for my last game."

Sundin said he is still pondering about his future in the NHL and did not rule out playing another season with Vancouver.

"Absolutely," he was quoted as saying when asked if he might play again with the Canucks. "I will think about my fuutre the next couple of weeks. I will make a decision in the summer. I can't say more right now."
Now that he's not playing for the Leafs anymore and basically screwed us over...who cares if he plays in the Olympics anymore Very Happy He's just another over-the-hill free agent to me now.
Back to top Go down

Sundin to skip Olympics
Page 1 of 1