chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Results for WWE Night of the Champions

Go down 
+3
money
Straight-Edge Zach
EdgeHead
7 posters
AuthorMessage
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2627
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Results for WWE Night of the Champions Empty
PostSubject: Results for WWE Night of the Champions   Results for WWE Night of the Champions Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 12:35 am

Unified Tag Team Championship: Chris Jericho & The Big Show beat Legacy to retain the championship

-Josh Mathews interviews CM Punk. Punk taunts Jeff Hardy fans in the crowd and rants about a drug-free world

ECW Championship: Christian beat Tommy Dreamer to win the title

-Todd Grisham interviews Chris Jericho & The Big Show. Grisham says that he didn't think Jericho and Show were friends. Both admitted they weren't; it's business. Jericho sarcastically thanks Edge for making it possible

WWE United States Championship: Kofi Kingston beat Primo (replacing Big Show), Carlito, The Miz, MVP & Jack Swagger to retain.

WWE Women's Championship: Michelle McCool beat Melina to retain

-Backstage, Randy Orton complains about the results of the Tag Title Match. He vows that someday, the fans will respect him

WWE Championship: Randy Orton beat Triple H and John Cena to retain. Orton actually tapped out but the referee didn't know if he tapped out to Triple H's Sharpshooter or John Cena's STF so he restarted the match

-Backstage, Miz asks for a date with Maryse but she disses him since he didn't win the US title earlier. Miz responds by saying that Maryse might lose her title tonight.

WWE Divas Championship: Mickie James beat Maryse to win the title

WWE Intercontinental Championship: Rey Mysterio beat Dolph Ziggler to retain

-Backstage, Todd Grisham tries to make Legacy talk about losing their tag title match but Cody Rhodes turns the attention to Randy Orton's successful title defense...

World Heavyweight Championship: Jeff Hardy beat CM Punk to win the title
Back to top Go down
Straight-Edge Zach
The Enforcer
The Enforcer
Straight-Edge Zach

Other / Decline to state Number of posts : 3563
Registration date : 2007-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Results for WWE Night of the Champions   Results for WWE Night of the Champions Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 2:48 am

Jeff winning is soo goddamn dumb...that is all.
Back to top Go down
money
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
money

Male Number of posts : 1057
Registration date : 2008-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Results for WWE Night of the Champions   Results for WWE Night of the Champions Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 5:11 am

The most stupid results ever in WWE history. Orton still champ? Give it a break! Michelle winning, Maryse losing kofi retaining!! What is this! the only good thing to come out of it is Jeff winning. I hate Jeff and still think he sould never have become champ, but now that means the title goes away from Punk. Both Punk and Jeff don't deserve the title and I hope at the next PPV that it goes to someone more deserving. But SD's roster is kinda shit really. IMO.
Back to top Go down
TheWittyTwit
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion

Male Number of posts : 632
Registration date : 2007-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Results for WWE Night of the Champions   Results for WWE Night of the Champions Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 5:25 am

Punk losing so quickly??? Mysterio defeating Ziggler? Maryse losing to Mickie? Jericho and... Big Show???

What the hell happened to WWE's supposed initiative to "create new stars?" The only thing they did was solidify Kofi (while defeating 5 other potential "new stars" in the process), and solidify Michelle (who I don't like, but at least she's something different).

My only problem with Jericho and Big Show winning is that it buried Rhodes and DiBiase in the process. What is the WWE's problem with giving serious pushes to someone new??? The heavyweight title pictures have gotten unbelievably stale.
Back to top Go down
Straight-Edge Zach
The Enforcer
The Enforcer
Straight-Edge Zach

Other / Decline to state Number of posts : 3563
Registration date : 2007-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Results for WWE Night of the Champions   Results for WWE Night of the Champions Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 5:43 am

Alrighty...Jericho should have teamed with Miz, Ziggler or TBK. Simple, Big Show didn't need this. What he did need was a main event push. Jericho could have carried a team with some different talent and some of Jericho's greatness could have rubbed off on them.

Mickie winning the title is always good. Michelle retaining...meh, would have been dumb to drop it back so quickly.

Don't mind that Orton retained, although it wouldn't have hurt for him to drop it to Cena. I predict a Orton/HBK feud when he returns...Hopefully though the HHH feud dies.

Ziggler should continue challanging Mysterio, honestly him winning in their first encounter would have been kinda lame. Build up a good story with those two, build up the IC title in the process. As long as Ziggler gets it in the end then it's all good.

Swagger shoulda won...I don't like Kofi.

And again them taking the title off Punk so soon was totally the wrong decision. His heel turn will suffer now, I bet that he starts complaining about losing his title and whatnot.

Oh and looks like DiBiase will leave the Legacy soon...
Back to top Go down
Tiff
Main Eventer
Main Eventer
Tiff

Female Number of posts : 1929
Registration date : 2007-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Results for WWE Night of the Champions   Results for WWE Night of the Champions Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 1:51 pm

Meh, I'm glad that I didn't buy this PPV, because nothing except Randy retaining looked interesting. Big Show was Jericho's partner.. seriously? :/

And Dolph should have definitely beat Rey.. they've pushed this guy for weeks, and when it finally gets to him winning a title, they make him lose.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwe.com
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Results for WWE Night of the Champions   Results for WWE Night of the Champions Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 2:22 pm

For me, Big as Jericho's partner is a let down, after a couple of weeks of speculation. I am pretty upset that CM Punk lost. I expected Mysterio to retain. I was happy that Mickie James won, I love Mickie James. I was not suprised that Orton won with the help of Rhodes and Legacy.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Results for WWE Night of the Champions   Results for WWE Night of the Champions Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 6:15 pm

EdgeHead wrote:
Unified Tag Team Championship: Chris Jericho & The Big Show beat Legacy to retain the championship

Big letdown. Obviously, with all the building that was going around Jericho and his partner and how less Legacy was built up, it should of been obvious that Jericho and his partner were going to retain. Think about it, it became more about who Jerichos partner is then the actually match, like when Dibiase Jr. first came. Which is why it was up to who his partner was to really deliver and they dropped it. I like how it was someone nobody reallly predicated but, Show was one of the worst choices. We need more heels in the main event, Orton can't be the only main heel and Show for the most part is already established as a main eventer and it wouldn't be that hard to get him over as one that stays as one for more than a month. Not keep him as a tag guy.

Quote :
-Josh Mathews interviews CM Punk. Punk taunts Jeff Hardy fans in the crowd and rants about a drug-free world

ECW Championship: Christian beat Tommy Dreamer to win the title

It's a shame that Dreamer's reign was short but, I'm a Christian mark so it doesn't really bother me that much. What bothers me is that they only reason WWE gave him the belt was so he would sign a new contract. I don't think we'll see him a champion again.

Quote :
-Todd Grisham interviews Chris Jericho & The Big Show. Grisham says that he didn't think Jericho and Show were friends. Both admitted they weren't; it's business. Jericho sarcastically thanks Edge for making it possible

WWE United States Championship: Kofi Kingston beat Primo (replacing Big Show), Carlito, The Miz, MVP & Jack Swagger to retain.

WWE Women's Championship: Michelle McCool beat Melina to retain

Both of these results were predictable. Everytime one of these matches happen (like the five man one two years ago) the title doesn't change, I expected the same. I wouldn't say it crushed five other potienal main eventers (as Primo isn't a potienal main eventer in my eyes) because he only pinned one of them, which I think was Primo or Carlito. Michelle was so obvious.

Quote :
-Backstage, Randy Orton complains about the results of the Tag Title Match. He vows that someday, the fans will respect him

WWE Championship: Randy Orton beat Triple H and John Cena to retain. Orton actually tapped out but the referee didn't know if he tapped out to Triple H's Sharpshooter or John Cena's STF so he restarted the match

Not surpised, upset that Cena didn't win it but, not surpised. We knew HHH wasn't going to and from their it was more about who you wanted to win if you were disappointed or not. The Orton/HHH rivalry was going to continue whether Orton or Cena won. I wanted Cena to win because I haven't been high on Orton since the Rumble.

Quote :
-Backstage, Miz asks for a date with Maryse but she disses him since he didn't win the US title earlier. Miz responds by saying that Maryse might lose her title tonight.

WWE Divas Championship: Mickie James beat Maryse to win the title

WWE Intercontinental Championship: Rey Mysterio beat Dolph Ziggler to retain

Love that Mickie won and not surpised either. Ziggler was going to win but, creative team changed their minds sunday afternoon and it's a good thing. All that would be accomplished if Ziggler won was the Intercontinetal Championship being devalued more, not a good thing for those complaining.

Quote :
-Backstage, Todd Grisham tries to make Legacy talk about losing their tag title match but Cody Rhodes turns the attention to Randy Orton's successful title defense...

World Heavyweight Championship: Jeff Hardy beat CM Punk to win the title

This is the worst decision. Buisness wise, I guess during Jeff's short reign (I doubt he is staying past Summerslam) he can bring in more money through merchandise more than Punk but, in the long run this is just de-establishing CM Punk, which is just a really bad decision, especially with all the talk he has garnered with his recent heel turning.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Results for WWE Night of the Champions   Results for WWE Night of the Champions Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 10:30 pm

I don't hate the Show/Jericho paring, I do however, agree that they missed a chace to build another main event heel because they basically have 3. Orton, Jericho, and Punk.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Results for WWE Night of the Champions   Results for WWE Night of the Champions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Results for WWE Night of the Champions
Page 1 of 1