chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

5 Rap Albums To Listen To Before You Die

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
C-Makaveli
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
C-Makaveli

Male Number of posts : 758
Registration date : 2007-11-04

5 Rap Albums To Listen To Before You Die Empty
PostSubject: 5 Rap Albums To Listen To Before You Die   5 Rap Albums To Listen To Before You Die Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 11:02 am

You don't actually have to listen to all of these before you die , its just a saying. But here is the cream of the crop when it comes to Rap albums. Hardcore fans will proberly have listened to these already , but these are my favourites in order ;

5 Rap Albums To Listen To Before You Die AllEyezOnMepred

1 . All Eyez On Me - 2Pac - Released 1996

The first ever two disc rap album is also regarded as the greatest rap album of all time by many. After his fatal shooting in 1994 , 2Pac was sent to prison for a year before Suge Knight of Death Row Records offered to pay the $1 Million dollar bail , if Pac was to sign with Death Row and Release 3 Albums. Pac did sign , and made the album within two weeks. By June 1998 , the album had gone 9x Platinum.

5 Rap Albums To Listen To Before You Die The-marshall-mathers-lp

2 . The Marshall Mathers LP - Eminem - Released 2000

After his debut album The Slim Shady LP smashed records around the world and made Eminem a worldwide star , The Marshall Mathers LP took a much more serious and darker turn. Within the albums songs he targets the people who shot him down after the release of his first major album , and address's his rise to fame. The album broke records when released , it sold 1.7 Million copies in its first week , breaking Snoop Dogg's previous record and Britney Spears record for first week sales by a solo artist. By the end of 2000 , the album had sold 7.9 Million copies , and as of August 2009 has sold 19 Million copies.

5 Rap Albums To Listen To Before You Die 2Pac%20-%20Me%20Against%20The%20World

3 . Me Against The World - 2Pac - Released 1995

Recorded weeks before he was sent to jail , Me Against The World went straight to the number one spot when 2Pac was in prison , making him the first artist ever to have an album top the charts while serving a prison sentance. The album reflected alot on 2Pac's personal life unlike his previous albums. It spawned the legendary song '' Dear Mama '' in which 2Pac explains his troubled relationship with his Mother and how sorry he is for the things he has done to hurt her. The album went on to go 5x Platinum.

5 Rap Albums To Listen To Before You Die 300px-Get_Rich_or_Die_Tryin%27

4 . Get Rich or Die Tryin' - 50 Cent - Released 2003

50 Cents debut major album would go down as one of the best albums in Hip Hop History. Masterminded by Eminem & Dr Dre , GRODT sold 872,000 in its first week , and 822,000 in its second. By its third week it had sold 2 Million copies. It has gone on to sell 12 Million records. Since the death of The Notorious BIG in 1997 , Rap hadnt really had a successful Gangsta Rap album. Dr Dre's 2001 album did have some Gangsta Rap content , but focused more on a West Coast style of music.
The album contains diss tracks towards Irv Gotti & Ja Rule , who had a part in 50 Cent not breaking into the limelight for a while.

5 Rap Albums To Listen To Before You Die Image.axd?picture=Dr.DreTheChronic

5 . The Chronic - Dr Dre - Released 1992

The Solo debut album of Dr Dre since his split from the rap group N.W.A , The Chronic is and always will be a classic Rap album. Combining G-Funk with Gangsta rap , it is also regarded as the best produced Hip Hop album of all time. The album went on to go 3x Platinum , making Dre one of the best selling artists of 1993. The album is also known for its diss songs aimed at former N.W.A member and friend of Dre's, Eazy E. It also boosted many rappers careers , including Snoop Dogg , Warren G , Nate Dogg , Kurupt & Daz Dillinger.

Check out all of the above albums , they are 5 of the best out there.
Back to top Go down
http://WWE.com
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac
Ex-Mattitude Follower

Male Number of posts : 4927
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Re: 5 Rap Albums To Listen To Before You Die   5 Rap Albums To Listen To Before You Die Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 11:07 am

I'd take 2001 over the original Chronic album by Dre. This list is very good and I definitely agree with All Eyez On Me and The Marshall Mathers LP and Get Rich Or Die Tryin is awesome too. However, with just five albums being listed, I'd only include one 2Pac album for maximum variety. I'd replace Me Against the World and The Chronic with The Black Album and Stillmatic perhaps.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: 5 Rap Albums To Listen To Before You Die   5 Rap Albums To Listen To Before You Die Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 5:22 pm

Nacirema Dream ~ Papoose

Of course...you'd have to live long enough for it to come out first...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 5 Rap Albums To Listen To Before You Die   5 Rap Albums To Listen To Before You Die Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

5 Rap Albums To Listen To Before You Die
Page 1 of 1