chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Another possible Raw guest host

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Another possible Raw guest host Empty
PostSubject: Another possible Raw guest host   Another possible Raw guest host Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 4:14 pm

Quote :

Verne Troyer, best known as "Mini Me" from the Austin Powers movies, is rumored to be hosting WWE Raw
this fall. One can imagine the comedy gold WWE will come up with between him and Horswoggle.

pale
Back to top Go down
DivineComedy.
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
DivineComedy.

Male Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Another possible Raw guest host   Another possible Raw guest host Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 5:38 pm

Oh wow. A RAW I may watch... If Mini Me and that idiot Hornsw... Little Bastard, are making funnies, that means those two bafoons HHH & HBK can't try and do so.

On a side note, I must say a LOT of RAW's ratings are simply being drawn from these guest host.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Another possible Raw guest host   Another possible Raw guest host Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 5:43 pm

4.7 million watched this week, so, for whatever the reason, that was a good night. Why do you have to try and explain away any of the WWE succes? You think that the Access host were the reason 4 million tuned in?
Just because you are not interested in the current WWE product does not mean millions of other people are not. If Cena came to wrestle in whatever highschool gym promotion, the fans that hate him would bust a nut.
Back to top Go down
DivineComedy.
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
DivineComedy.

PostSubject: Re: Another possible Raw guest host   Another possible Raw guest host Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 7:05 pm

Yeah, by no means would fans of one of these geust host tune in to watch, thus boosting WWE''s ratings by having WWE fans AND fans of [insert random star here]. If you honestly don't think WWE aren't doing it for the ratings then... Well, I am not sure what to make of you.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Another possible Raw guest host   Another possible Raw guest host Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 8:06 pm

Of course they are. At the end of the day, everything they do is for ratings, but no one watched just to what Nacy ODell was going to do. A lot of fans, like myself, watch regardless of the guest host.

When your promotion wrestle in high school gyms and bingo halls, they don't have to worry about such things as ratings.
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2627
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Another possible Raw guest host   Another possible Raw guest host Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 11:51 pm

We have enough of one midget doing crotch chops, we honestly don't need a second one.
Back to top Go down
DivineComedy.
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
DivineComedy.

PostSubject: Re: Another possible Raw guest host   Another possible Raw guest host Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 8:40 pm

Concrete Jesus wrote:
Of course they are. At the end of the day, everything they do is for ratings, but no one watched just to what Nacy ODell was going to do. A lot of fans, like myself, watch regardless of the guest host.

When your promotion wrestle in high school gyms and bingo halls, they don't have to worry about such things as ratings.

At least you SOMEWHAT comprehended it. I am saying they are doing this because they are getting specific fans to watch to add large increases to their ratings. Chris Jericho on singing with the stars (or whatever) made huge draws of WWE fans. Chuck Liddell on Dancing With the Stars did the same for UFC fans. Fans of whatever star appears on the show, watch the show, EVEN IF THEY DON'T LIKE "WRESTLING" TO SEE THE STAR THEY LIKE. Why must you always drudge irrelavent facts into the debate?

And at your second comment: Uhh... Isn't ROH still doing that while on television competing for R A T I N G S ?
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Another possible Raw guest host   Another possible Raw guest host Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 9:12 pm

ROH lost 2 of its biggest start to who? Everyone wants to be in the WWE because it is the pinnical of pro-wrestling. What channel does ROH air on? Is it PPV only? PPV only would be about getting PPV buys.

How many Access fans turned on Raw do you think. "Oh shit, Nacy is going to be on a TV show I care nothing about. Lets watch wrestling for the first and only time in our lives." Sounds silly doesn't it.

I don't "somewhat understand", I fully understand and I understand Net Smarks like you. Nothing the WWE does will ever make you happy. You get your rocks off bashing the WWE and Vince for anything he does and I garuntee you that if John Cena did a ROH, you and all of the smarks out there would bust a nut. I have watched some ROH and some FIP Wrestling and their wrestling is not better then the WWE. Do they have some great performers, yes, and they end up in the WWE. I watched a 60 minute match from FIP, Punk vs. Colt Cabana, and it was 15 minutes of action, spread out over 60 minutes.

You can pretend that you are better then me or smarter then me, but I don't need your approval. I get my respect and validation from many of the people that post here. I am a mod now and I was invited to write for the CGS Newsletter. That gives me all of the validation I need from CGS. You can sit there at your PC and jump on your soap box, but you know that I am rigth. You know that bashing the WWE makes you happy and that if any WWE star was to show up at ROH, you would mark your ass off.
Back to top Go down
DivineComedy.
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
DivineComedy.

PostSubject: Re: Another possible Raw guest host   Another possible Raw guest host Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 9:43 pm

- I would say that Danielson and McG were two of the bigger stars of ROH, but by no means the biggest (aside from Danielson perhaps). And yes, most people whom conqure ROH and have no where left to go, DO go to the WWE. CM Punk went to the WWE because he did everything he could in ROH, and had wrestled everywhere else already, hell he held on to ROH for as long as he could. And the same can be said for Danielson as was for Punk.

- To claim nothing the WWE does satisfies me is quite a lengthy and unsupported assumption/aqusation by all means. They have done lots of things that have made me happy... Its the simple matter that they have done ten fold more that upset me. If you could oh so kindly point out where I have once bashed Vince himself, or where I get off on pointing out the annoyance that is typically WWE... Please.... Do so. And you are correct... If a boring, sub-par talent, with a move list that doesn't exceed 10 showed up to a ROH event, I would be quite pissed. But at the same time quite happy... Do you even recall RVD Vs. Cena @ One Night Stand II? That was something hosted by WWE mind you. Did you claim FIP and ROH wrestling is NOT better then WWE? Wow... (Though FIP is slighty more watered down) that is quite an illogical comment to make, but then again you enjoy Triple H's wrestling work and think DX is funny so, well it says it all for tiself. Your comment about the 60 minute match merely showcases the fact that your attention span for wreslting is quite low.

- As to your ending statement... I lol'ed.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Another possible Raw guest host   Another possible Raw guest host Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 10:33 pm

Concrete Jesus wrote:
Quote :

Verne Troyer, best known as "Mini Me" from the Austin Powers movies, is rumored to be hosting WWE Raw
this fall. One can imagine the comedy gold WWE will come up with between him and Horswoggle.

pale

This is a great reason to why I no longer watch Raw.
Back to top Go down
TheWittyTwit
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion

Male Number of posts : 632
Registration date : 2007-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Another possible Raw guest host   Another possible Raw guest host Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 9:26 am

Kyle Deathlocke. wrote:
Oh wow. A RAW I may watch... If Mini Me and that idiot Hornsw... Little Bastard, are making funnies, that means those two bafoons HHH & HBK can't try and do so.

On a side note, I must say a LOT of RAW's ratings are simply being drawn from these guest host.

You had better knock on wood. It means those two baboons HHH & HBK *will* try and do so... simultaneously -_-

*Begins to wonder if Road Runner and Coyote will be guest-hosting Raw any time soon.*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another possible Raw guest host   Another possible Raw guest host Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another possible Raw guest host
Page 1 of 1