chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Flyers fire Stevens, hire Laviolette

Go down 
AuthorMessage
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

Flyers fire Stevens, hire Laviolette Empty
PostSubject: Flyers fire Stevens, hire Laviolette   Flyers fire Stevens, hire Laviolette Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 6:04 pm

Quote :
The Philadelphia Flyers fired head coach John Stevens and replaced him with former Stanley Cup winner Peter Laviolette, Sportsnet has confirmed.

The Flyers received permission Friday morning from 'Canes GM Jim Rutherford to speak with Laviolette.

Laviolette was fired by the Hurricanes last December after coaching the club for 4 1/2 seasons, and winning the Cup in 2006.

Stevens took over for Ken Hitchcock in 2006.
Ehhh, I don't know why they came down on Stevens. I think the Flyers are in the middle of the pack right now aren't they? Either way, I think Gagne's injury played a big part in their below-par record so far because they seemed to be doing just fine until he went down.
Back to top Go down

Flyers fire Stevens, hire Laviolette
Page 1 of 1