chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Timberwolves' Ryan Gomes will miss 2-3 weeks because of injured ankle

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Affliction
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Affliction

Male Number of posts : 3093
Registration date : 2007-10-13

Timberwolves' Ryan Gomes will miss 2-3 weeks because of injured ankle Empty
PostSubject: Timberwolves' Ryan Gomes will miss 2-3 weeks because of injured ankle   Timberwolves' Ryan Gomes will miss 2-3 weeks because of injured ankle Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 10:15 pm

"Timberwolves forward Ryan Gomes was unable to practice Tuesday, but he had a relieved look on his face.

A magnetic resonance imaging exam Tuesday morning revealed no significant damage in his injured left ankle. Timberwolves medical personnel said Gomes suffered a high ankle sprain in the Wolves' loss at Sacramento on Saturday night.

Gomes, who has started 24 games this season, still faces the possibility of an extended absence, perhaps two to three weeks, but the MRI ruled out the need for surgery.

"I was very nervous at first because of the way I landed," Gomes said of the injury, which happened during the second quarter while he was chasing a loose ball against the Kings. "I heard something pop. It's swollen now and I've got some pain, but at least it's not as serious as I thought."

Gomes will not dress for the Wolves' game against the Los Angeles Clippers at 7 tonight at Target Center. He also sat out the Wolves' win at Utah on Monday night.

Wolves coach Kurt Rambis was uncertain when Gomes would be able to return to the lineup.

"We'll have to see how he feels each day after he works out," Rambis said. "Right now it's a day-to-day thing."

Gomes, averaging 12.3 points and 5.3 rebounds, is the Wolves' latest injury concern this season. Forward Kevin Love rejoined the team on Dec. 4 after missing two months with a broken bone in his left hand. Rambis said forward Al Jefferson continues to work himself into shape after recovering from major knee surgery last season.

Gomes said his return depends on how quickly he can regain his mobility. He admitted he had difficulty with lateral movement while testing the ankle during Tuesday's practice.

"I won't practice until I can move better without pain," Gomes said. "I can put weight on it, but I want to be able to do what I normally do in game situations." "
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

Timberwolves' Ryan Gomes will miss 2-3 weeks because of injured ankle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Timberwolves' Ryan Gomes will miss 2-3 weeks because of injured ankle   Timberwolves' Ryan Gomes will miss 2-3 weeks because of injured ankle Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 12:35 am

Gomes was a guy I really liked a couple years back. He really hasn't shown as much progression as I had hoped and is really just a role player at this point. It's a loss, but not an Al Jefferson type loss that the T-Wolves had to endure last year.
Back to top Go down

Timberwolves' Ryan Gomes will miss 2-3 weeks because of injured ankle
Page 1 of 1