chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hulk Hogan Slams Writers, Talks TNA vs. WWE, Wrestling, More

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
tnalockdownfan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2467
Registration date : 2008-04-09

Hulk Hogan Slams Writers, Talks TNA vs. WWE, Wrestling, More Empty
PostSubject: Hulk Hogan Slams Writers, Talks TNA vs. WWE, Wrestling, More   Hulk Hogan Slams Writers, Talks TNA vs. WWE, Wrestling, More Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 11:15 am

credit: lordsofpain.net

SLAM! has an interview up with Hulk Hogan. Highlights are below.

On January 4th: " Jan. 4, we're going head to head with WWE. We've got to pick a fight. I don't know what's going to happen that night. If we get bodyslammed by WWE, we'll get back and go at them again."

On the role of writers: "What we have now is the writers telling the wrestlers what to say and do. I'm coming in to push the writers aside. Sure, they still have to make it flow and block time. If the wrestlers need a writer to tell them what to do, they can pack their bags and go north to WWE. Writers don't have a feel and instinct for the business. They've never been in the ring. If I can't make it work, I'll pack my bags and leave."

On bringing characters to life: "I want to make the characters come alive. Characters like Andre the Giant and Rowdy Roddy Piper were larger than life. That's what I want. TNA is doing a lot of things right. They have a lot of great talent. But there are a lot of major WWE stars burning my phone up, asking if they can work for TNA when their contracts are up."

On him wrestling: "Right now there are no plans to put the yellow boots on, but sometimes the fans will box you in ... they could start yelling Hogan vs. Sting ... and then maybe we have to do something about it. Contractually it's not part of the plan, but it's still there. When I start Hulking up, the places are on fire."

On wrestlers that made a difference: "Gorgeous George was the bearer of excellence. Andre the Giant is there, too. The Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin, for a shorter time they made an impression."

The Toronto Sun also had an article up (TorontoSun.com) on Hulk Hogan in which he outright says "If I can't make it work, I'll pack my bags and leave."
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan Slams Writers, Talks TNA vs. WWE, Wrestling, More   Hulk Hogan Slams Writers, Talks TNA vs. WWE, Wrestling, More Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 11:42 am

Well, he best start packing then. Hogan is only in this deal for himself and when this fails, people will see this.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

Male Number of posts : 8610
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan Slams Writers, Talks TNA vs. WWE, Wrestling, More   Hulk Hogan Slams Writers, Talks TNA vs. WWE, Wrestling, More Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 2:48 pm

I doubt it, He seems genuine. I dont know why, But I think he is here to start a war and it should be good Very Happy

Good little interview. Thanks TNALDF
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2627
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan Slams Writers, Talks TNA vs. WWE, Wrestling, More   Hulk Hogan Slams Writers, Talks TNA vs. WWE, Wrestling, More Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 1:07 am

He might sound genuine but that doesn't mean he's being realistic. No way he can get a 3.0 rating for Impact on January 4th. He'd have to take at least half of RAW's audience to make that happen and we know that ain't gonna happen.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan Slams Writers, Talks TNA vs. WWE, Wrestling, More   Hulk Hogan Slams Writers, Talks TNA vs. WWE, Wrestling, More Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 1:26 am

Yeah without a doubt and I am willing to guarantee that they all know this will not work at first. They will have to be attacking WWE for months until it switches around (If it does).
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan Slams Writers, Talks TNA vs. WWE, Wrestling, More   Hulk Hogan Slams Writers, Talks TNA vs. WWE, Wrestling, More Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 11:01 am

The last time TNA tried to pick a fight with WWE, WWE did not even pretend to care. TNA tried to start the VKM vs. DX thing and WWE did not even respond at all. WWE will roll on and run over TNA in this "battle" for ratings.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan Slams Writers, Talks TNA vs. WWE, Wrestling, More   Hulk Hogan Slams Writers, Talks TNA vs. WWE, Wrestling, More Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 3:25 pm

When was that CJ ... that was 2005. The same year WWE was still watched by many people. The same time TNA only had Christian Cage and Jarrett as there well known wrestlers, The same time Batista/HHH/Cena were the main eventers of WWE.

TNA themselves never followed up on the offer either. They came out in one PPV ... and that was it. It actually to me shows TNA were stronger because WWE didnt even respond even though TNA were just slightly bigger then ROH at the time.

It was 4 years ago, Look at TNA now.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan Slams Writers, Talks TNA vs. WWE, Wrestling, More   Hulk Hogan Slams Writers, Talks TNA vs. WWE, Wrestling, More Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 3:49 pm

It was in 06, during the DX run and TNA is not really bigger than back then. They still barely get 1.0 ratings, they can't sell house shows, and they still will take any former WWE or WCW wrestler. WWE's ratings go up and down, but they are always stronger numbers then TNA's. Hell, ECW is the WWE lowest rated show right, now and TNA barely beats that. Some weeks, they don't beat them.

VKM "called out" Vince and DX on a PPV, but WWE never responded. They didn't have to because TNA was not factor then...or now. TNA did not even start it until Nov. and the DX run was almost over then. TNA was behind again. It was funny because the whole time VKM was calling out DX, they were standing there doing the X sign. No one cares about those 2 has beens.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan Slams Writers, Talks TNA vs. WWE, Wrestling, More   Hulk Hogan Slams Writers, Talks TNA vs. WWE, Wrestling, More Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 3:58 pm

2006 ... Not much difference.

Why does WWE draw a stronger rating then TNA???

Hmm, Maybe its because WWE has been around since the 70's. It has had Andre, Billy Graham, Hogan, Ultimate Warrior, Bret hart, HBK, The Rock, Austin, Angle, Lesner, Benoit, Cena, Orton, Edge.

It has a legacy. TNA does not seeming it has been around for 7 years and has only been made viewable internationally in the last 2 on TV.

TNA get every ex WWE and ex WCW guy simply because they bring attention to TNA. People might see how Lashley debuts, Or how Foley runs the show. Its because it brings ratings (Well tries to).

WWE was trying to get there hands on every ex AWA, ex NWA and ex WCW wrestler you know to right?

Also, Generally if you watch one WWE show. You watch all three or maybe just SD and Raw. This is a reason why ECW gets a fairly strong rating. What if ECW was not affiliated with WWE. Yet it still had the same wrestlers. It wouldnt stand a chance against TNA.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan Slams Writers, Talks TNA vs. WWE, Wrestling, More   Hulk Hogan Slams Writers, Talks TNA vs. WWE, Wrestling, More Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 4:14 pm

WWE signed up every current star the NWA and AWA had. Hogan was a future star when Vince Sr. got him from the AWA. HBK was a future star when he came from the AWA. TNA has a locker room full of guys that are far past their prime. WWE sniped AWA talen. TNA got talent the WWE was done with. Foley did not leave the WWE until they were done with him. If the WWE really wanted him, they would have gave into his demands. WWE was done with Angle, he left because he was released. Had the WWE kept him, he would not have wanted to be in TNA. Nash, Booker, Stiener, all guys the WWE was done with. TNA gets them after the WWE doesn't need them anymore.

I watched Impact this week and it was full of non-wrestling segments. Raw gives a lot of time to the guest host thing, but they also have wrestling on a wrestling program. SD was far superior to Impact this week and every week.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan Slams Writers, Talks TNA vs. WWE, Wrestling, More   Hulk Hogan Slams Writers, Talks TNA vs. WWE, Wrestling, More Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 8:18 pm

Adrian Adonis, Ken Patera, Jim Brunzell, Jesse Ventura, Briscoes, Bob Orton. These are a few of the guys you you assumed to be young, When you referred to them as 'talent'. This is like Nash, Booker T and the rest of the washed up WWE guys. WWE was just the same when it wasn't the big show. Don't you see history repeating itself with WWF/AWA. AWA losing top rank.

You need big names for people to watch your product. If it wasn't for Christian, Angle, Nash, Team 3D, Booker T etc. TNA would be dead by now or would just be a failing indy product. These household names brang intrest to TNA and these are the guys who have kept viewers watching.

Firstly, Foley decided not to resign and told vince about TNA around the same time. I doubt WWE was done with him because he was a commentator towards the end. He had years left on the announcers table.

Angle was released on his own accord. Under 'Family matters'. Family matters though to him means 'Ink a deal with TNA'.

Smackdown and Raw of course is far more superior then TNa at the moment. (Except for the world title contenders on TNA.) Of course it is, There shows have been running 10 and 15 years and have had solid writers since day one. the product in extremely well known and has an massive budget to use. TNA not so much.

TNA is just like the young WWE many years ago, Except they are attacking early which is wise. Get their name out there earlier which is for the better.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan Slams Writers, Talks TNA vs. WWE, Wrestling, More   Hulk Hogan Slams Writers, Talks TNA vs. WWE, Wrestling, More Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 10:01 pm

Ok, but what happens if they "attack" now and fail big? They will lose all credability to "attack" again. Weeks ago, they get Hogan, while he was in talks to maybe be a part of WWE again and what does WWE do to counter that? They do something that people thought was not possible. A year ago, people would have said hell not that is not going to happen, but WWE signed Brett. Make no mistake about it, they came public with this news really quickly for one reason. That reason, to counter an "attack" from TNA. TNA gets a WWE Legend, WWE brings back Brett freakin Hart. They are far to young to "attack" right now. They need to just do their own thing, build a fan base, and then go after the biggest dog in the yard. Hogan has set them up to fail. If they do not get a 3.0, they fail. Hogan is the one that set that impossible number. Hogan came back for Hogan and probably to get back at Vince. Hogan shot his mouth off and now TNA is going to have to pay for it.

WWE did get some guys that were at the end of their career, but they did not put everything they had in that one single thing. All TNA has talked about for weeks is Hogan, and he is yet to appear in the Impact Zone. All TNA fans have seen from Hogan is a vignette of his little MSG press confrence.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan Slams Writers, Talks TNA vs. WWE, Wrestling, More   Hulk Hogan Slams Writers, Talks TNA vs. WWE, Wrestling, More Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 8:29 am

TNA are going to fail, We already know that. But they are chopping away at WWE and for the last 3 years it has worked. You cannot deny it. Look at the talent that leave WWE for TNA, look at the great wrestling showcased on TNA programming. This will be the icing on the cake prepared to what TNA most likely will become.

We are all sick of the WWE product. We want something new and IMO, TNA is it.

yeah they bring in Hart and no one here I mention is a bigger draw but the possibilities for the Impact episode are guys like:

Scott Hall
Ken Kennedy
Val Venis
RVD
Orlando Jordan
Tomko
Ken Shamrock
Buff Bagwell
Shane Douglas
BWO
Lex Luger
etc.

Probably none will appear but these would have a good chance of showing up. This will take a solid chunk out of WWE viewers.

They are too young to attack, Without a doubt but the best way to grow up is to attack the grown up. Sure, It is the worst consequence but it will make TNA bigger and better so much quicker.

I agree with the hogan thing though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan Slams Writers, Talks TNA vs. WWE, Wrestling, More   Hulk Hogan Slams Writers, Talks TNA vs. WWE, Wrestling, More Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hulk Hogan Slams Writers, Talks TNA vs. WWE, Wrestling, More
Page 1 of 1