chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brooke Hogan to TNA?

Go down 
+3
Inah
babaganoosh
Concrete Jesus
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Brooke Hogan to TNA? Empty
PostSubject: Brooke Hogan to TNA?   Brooke Hogan to TNA? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 4:22 pm

Quote :
According to a post on the SLAM! Wrestling website, Brooke Hogan is rumored to be joining TNA Wrestling. They wrote: "With Brooke Hogan's career in music and television stalled, it is rumored she might take an on-camera role with TNA."

And it continues, Hogan is hell bent on killing TNA. Don't say I did not warn you TNA fans.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Brooke Hogan to TNA?   Brooke Hogan to TNA? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 5:00 pm

Has she ever wrestled at all before or is she just some eye-candy?
Back to top Go down
Inah
Head Bitch In Charge
Head Bitch In Charge

Female Number of posts : 4534
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Brooke Hogan to TNA?   Brooke Hogan to TNA? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 5:20 pm

Lolol, she has nothing to do there. Is TNA starting a karaoke segment now?
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Brooke Hogan to TNA?   Brooke Hogan to TNA? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 5:29 pm

I assume it would be some kind of interviewer role, but you never know. Hogan may decide she should be the KO Champion.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

Male Number of posts : 8610
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Brooke Hogan to TNA?   Brooke Hogan to TNA? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 7:22 pm

She will be an on air role, Not a wrestler. Either way it is shit.
Back to top Go down
StuffOfLegends
Slim Shady
Slim Shady
StuffOfLegends

Male Number of posts : 2941
Registration date : 2007-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Brooke Hogan to TNA?   Brooke Hogan to TNA? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 7:24 pm

Inah wrote:
Lolol, she has nothing to do there. Is TNA starting a karaoke segment now?

Even if there was a karaoke segment she would still have no place there. Unless it was based on amateurs night. I wouldn't mind seeing her on TNA just cause I think TNA is the most fun train wreck to watch nowadayz. Razz
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Brooke Hogan to TNA?   Brooke Hogan to TNA? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 10:54 pm

How is that whole Hogan/Bisch in TNA thing workin out? Not so great? Damn, I hate saying I told you so.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: Brooke Hogan to TNA?   Brooke Hogan to TNA? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 12:13 am

Its been a month, Quick taking shots at TNA. You look like an arrogant ass.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Brooke Hogan to TNA?   Brooke Hogan to TNA? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 12:18 am

1 month and it has already start to go to hell. If they pull it out and make this thing work, I will be the first one to say I was wrong, but as of now, it has been a bad month.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: Brooke Hogan to TNA?   Brooke Hogan to TNA? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 12:26 am

No, It has been a different month. This is a another users response from another forum, He could of not said it better himself to be honest.

I doubt this will do much of anything. I can see why people would think its going to kick TNA in the butt, but, I really don't think it will. Think, we get the same old crap week after week, PPV after PPF with 2 hours, all a 3rd hour will do is give us 1 more match, and longer promos. I think alot of people are underestimating TNA, and overestimating WWE. WWE does have loyalty on it's side, but, TNA has the same thing to some extent. I haven't watched TNA since Jan. 4th, but, it looks like they have a better idea of how to entertain people than Vince does at this point. I know this isn't going to sound logical, but, think. If Vince didn't TNA as competition, why else would he want to destroy it so bad? Him and the rest of WWE badmouthed WCW for wanting to put their company out of work, and thats just wrong. Whether Vince realizes it or not, WWE is becoming WCW rapidly. They're following almost every mistake they made. Think about it.

Hulk Hogan = Triple H
Same guys on top for years
Same feuds
Not pushing new stars (and please, Seamus DOES NOT count! Theres WAY more talented guys, he just coincendentally happens to be Triple H's workout partner? Please!)
Crappy creative writing team
Horrible match ideas

All they need is to hire Vince Russo, and they'll just be the WCW.

The Legend Killer - OWW

A sudden change takes awhile to get use to (The ring has alot to do with this, As does AJ). It will work itself out. Each week there is less Bischoff and Hogan so I do not see how you could honestly bash it at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Brooke Hogan to TNA?   Brooke Hogan to TNA? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 1:27 am

Sykesy wrote:
I doubt this will do much of anything. I can see why people would think its going to kick TNA in the butt, but, I really don't think it will. Think, we get the same old crap week after week, PPV after PPF with 2 hours, all a 3rd hour will do is give us 1 more match, and longer promos. I think alot of people are underestimating TNA, and overestimating WWE. WWE does have loyalty on it's side, but, TNA has the same thing to some extent. I haven't watched TNA since Jan. 4th, but, it looks like they have a better idea of how to entertain people than Vince does at this point. I know this isn't going to sound logical, but, think. If Vince didn't TNA as competition, why else would he want to destroy it so bad? Him and the rest of WWE badmouthed WCW for wanting to put their company out of work, and thats just wrong. Whether Vince realizes it or not, WWE is becoming WCW rapidly. They're following almost every mistake they made. Think about it.

Hulk Hogan = Triple H
Same guys on top for years
Same feuds
Not pushing new stars (and please, Seamus DOES NOT count! Theres WAY more talented guys, he just coincendentally happens to be Triple H's workout partner? Please!)
Crappy creative writing team
Horrible match ideas

All they need is to hire Vince Russo, and they'll just be the WCW.

The Legend Killer - OWW

Out of curiosty does The Legend Killer watch any other WWE program besides Raw? Even too a certain extent, does TLK watch Raw? First, in a lot of wrestling promotions (if not most) the same guys are going to be on top for years, it's smart buisness. If someone is still really over with the fans, it'd be a horrible business decision not to keep them on top. WWE at least has been doing a decent job of switching up the order a bit. I can agree it was really annoying to see Trips vs. Orton again and again and to a lesser extent Cena vs. Orton but the main event was normally always different from last months. At Backlash it was a six man tag match instead of a single match between Trips and Orton. Then they took Triple H out of the picture (And off Raw) for a bit and plugged Batista in, adding a little variety. While it's nothing even close to being overly new, at least it's an alteration to the scene. Then, after a triple threat (between Trips, Orton and Cena) Trips was out of the picture again and it was between Orton and Cena. Which went to Cena and Sheamus. Really not too bad, of course it could of been better and would've been nice to see more newer faces than just one but it's not that bad. That's only one the Raw side, Smackdown and even WWECW have been doing much better.

Same feuds? On the top of the card on Raw, mostly (in the past year). Although we've seen new feuds such as Cena/Sheamus, Orton/Kingston, Kingston/Miz, DX/Legacy, DX/JeriShow, Jericho/Legends (Steamboat mostly), JeriShow/MVP and Henry and I know Kofis had about two other minor feuds but those aren't worth mentioning. On Smackdown we have, Hardy/Punk, Morrison/Ziggler, Ziggler/Khali (remember, this is proving we haven't had the same feuds, not saying the quality was good), Ziggler/Mysterio, Mysterio/Jericho, Morrison/McIntyre, and Punk/Truth, JeriShow/Cryme Tyme, Cryme Tyme/Hart Dynasty (they done that match to death but it was new originally), Taker/Mysterio (although, you may not count this), Mysterio/Batista, and Taker/Punk. WWECW had a lot more, I'm sure of it (as most wrestlers on that show are new) but I don't watch it so I wouldn't know.

Not pushing new stars? They have an entire program dedicated to pushing new stars. Oh and how the hell does Sheamus not count? So what, if they're more talented guys or that he's Triple H's workout partner? That doesn't mean he isn't a new face in the scene. He's new and they pushed him to the stars, he counts. They've pushed Punk too. He's pretty new, not nearly as new as Sheamus, but he still is new. He doesn't feel new because he has already became a multiple time World Champion but he has only been in the company for like four years. With a few exceptions (e.g. Sheamus) WWE takes there time pushing someone to the World Championship. As for newer guys they're pushing currently; The Miz, John Morrison, Drew McIntyre, Kofi Kingston and Ted Dibiase come to my mind instantly. To say WWE isn't pushing new stars is ridiculous when they are.

The last two things you said are more opinion based than anything else. I don't the creative team is crappy or that there match ideas are horrible. I think they could be a hell of a lot better most of the times (ie. not having Shawn vs. Taker at Mania again [I really hate that but I've drone on and on about that too many times]) but I wouldn't call them horrible or crappy.

I know I kind of just debated with someone who isn't on this site but WWE definitely isn't becoming WCW and I wanted to make that known. Pretty much, I kind of got carried away in the response but still.

Back on Topic, Brooke joining TNA is another turn off for me. Right now, TNA doesn't really have anything to get me to watch. AJ Styles would be a definite reason to watch but Flair tagging (not team-wise albeit) around with Styles isn't something that interests me. Anderson is a plus but he really isn't enough to make me record TNA over Raw. Unless they pull in Van Dam and Sabu, I probably won't be watching TNA in quite some time.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Brooke Hogan to TNA?   Brooke Hogan to TNA? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 2:24 am

WWE is thriving, so they are in no way like WCW. Sheamus is the WWE Champion and that is far more "new" then the Band or the Nasty Boys. TNA looks exactly like WCW. The faces are the same, annoucer is the same, the management is the same, the astetics are the same, the ring annoucer is the same, and Bisch is running TNA exactly the same way. TNA saw a 17% drop in the ratings and just a few days ago, Sykyes said that was huge and it is huge. Now you want to push the same arguement I gave you on to the WWE. Hogan is not equal to HHH because HHH can and does perform at a high level. Hogan rips off WWE storylines from 12 years ago, and WCW storylines from 8,10, 11, and 12 years ago.

WCW was finacially devastated when Vince stepped in and bought at a rock bottom price. Hell, he bought it right out from under Bisch. He was in the process of getting a group of investors togther and Vince stepped in and bought WCW. WWE is thriving fincially. They would have to have 4 or 5 devastatingly bad years before they are in WCW range of failure. We all know that is not going to happen because Mania will do around a million buys on PPV, has sold out in the areana, and will be huge success on DVD.

Even WWE's attempt at film making is successful. Yes, they have bad box office numbers, but they do very well on DVD. Furthermore, WWE had a #1 album last week. WWE is not losing money, they are making money in a big way. They are making money by having a mix of young and veterian talent headline PPV's. While they did put a lot of time into the new/old DX, they are putting togther a young faction on SD. Sheamus took the WWE Championship off of the WWE's golden boy. They are putting the time and effort into Sheamus and he will be a big star for years to come, even if he loses to HHH at WM. WWE also looked up Randy Orton on a ten year contract. Orton will be 39 before he is even close to being done in WWE. If TNA had that kind of money, they would do that with AJ, but they don't. WWE is using a mix of young and old to give the fans what they want. I know Y2JX is not happy with Taker vs. HBK 2, but I would bet that most other fans are excited to see that match. People are also excited to see Edge vs. Jericho, and the fans are excited about many other things the WWE has going on right now. Oh, and did I forget Bret is back after being gone for over 12 freakin years.

You want to talk about "new" or the WWE doing "the same thing"? How many times have Joe and AJ Styles wrestled at this point? And that is the main event next Sunday. Joe vs. AJ again. Joe and AJ have wrestled far more then HHH and Orton. Joe vs. AJ has been on the TNA card for around 5 years now. Joe is the heel, AJ is the face. AJ is the heel, Joe is the face. We have seen that many, many times before. There is nothing inovative about having the same main events for 5 years, no matter what shape the ring is. TNA doesn't have "new". They have the same thing, wrapped in a Hogan/Bisch package. Sykeys, go ahead and count how many times AJ and Joe have wrestled on PPV and I will count how many times HHH and Orton wrestled on PPV. Which one do you think has happened more? It has happened more often, in the exact same areana, at Univeral Studios. Then I would like you to count how many times Taker vs. HBK has happened, Jericho vs. Edge has happened, and HHH vs. Sheamus has happened. I chose those because that is likely 3 main events at WM 26.
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2627
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Brooke Hogan to TNA?   Brooke Hogan to TNA? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 2:28 am

Yeop.

So much for wanting to help the young guys of TNA, eh Hulk?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brooke Hogan to TNA?   Brooke Hogan to TNA? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brooke Hogan to TNA?
Page 1 of 1