chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

UFC 110: Nogueira vs. Velasquez

Go down 
+2
Concrete Jesus
babaganoosh
6 posters
AuthorMessage
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

UFC 110: Nogueira vs. Velasquez Empty
PostSubject: UFC 110: Nogueira vs. Velasquez   UFC 110: Nogueira vs. Velasquez Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 5:13 pm

Main Card
Heavyweight Bout: Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Cain Velasquez
Middleweight Bout: Wanderlei Silva vs. Michael Bisping
Lightweight Bout: Joe Stevenson vs. George Sotiropoulos
Light Heavyweight Bout: Keith Jardine vs. Ryan Bader
Heavyweight Bout: Mirko Filipović vs. Ben Rothwell

Preliminary Card
Light Heavyweight Bout: Elvis Sinosic vs. Chris Haseman
Light Heavyweight Bout: Stephan Bonnar vs. Krzysztof Soszynski
Welterweight Bout: Chris Lytle vs. Brian Foster
Middleweight Bout: C.B. Dollaway vs. Goran Reljic
Light Heavyweight Bout: James Te-Huna vs. Igor Pokrajac

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: UFC 110: Nogueira vs. Velasquez   UFC 110: Nogueira vs. Velasquez Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 6:41 pm

Heavyweight Bout: Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Cain Velasquez Winner gets a title shot.
Bisping gets his face knoced in.
Sotiropoulos looked amazing on the ground. It would be an upset, but I would like to see him do well on this fight.
I really dislike Jardine for some reason. I can't put my finger on why, but I hope he gets KO
Wasn't Rothwell on TUF?
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: UFC 110: Nogueira vs. Velasquez   UFC 110: Nogueira vs. Velasquez Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 3:49 pm

Heavyweight Bout: Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Cain Velasquez
I've got Nog winning it, but I'd like to see Cain win to build another contender after Mir/Carwin vs Lesnar.

Wandy fights for the fans and he always tries to make his fights exciting, but I just don't think he has what it takes anymore to be anywhere close to a top contender. I see Bisping taking this one.

I'm a fan of Joe Daddy and I think he's really rejuvenated his career over the past few fights, but Sotiropoulos was VERY impressive in his last fight, so I'm going with the darkhorse. If Sotiropoulos takes this to the ground, the only way Joe Daddy wins is by Guillotine.

Jardine has such an awkward striking style and he can take a punch. I'm wondering whether Bader's only chance will lie in him taking Keith down and just lay and pray.

No clue if Big Ben was on TUF since I don't really watch TUF. Ben didn't look very impressive during his last fight, so I'll go with Cro Cop.

On the prelim card, the only bout that jumps out is Bonnar/Soszynski. I hope the Polish Experiment takes home the win over Bonnar who was awfully disappointing against Coleman,
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: UFC 110: Nogueira vs. Velasquez   UFC 110: Nogueira vs. Velasquez Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 1:32 pm

Quote :
Heavyweight Ben Rothwell has withdrawn from his UFC 110 matchup this weekend against Mirko (Cro Cop) Filipovic in Sydney and Australian Anthony Perosh has stepped up to replace him on two days' notice.

According to MMAjunkie.com, Rothwell was forced to pull out because of illness. The new matchup, which was announced on UFC.com Thursday, will remain on the televised card. An all-Australian matchup between Elvis Sinosic and Chris Haseman also had to be scrapped from the event because of a shoulder injury to Sinosic.

The debut event in Australia, which takes place Sunday at 2 p.m. local time at the Acer Arena in the country's largest city, will air live in North America Saturday night at 10 p.m. ET / 7 p.m. PT, the usual time for UFC's pay-per-view events.

Saturday's weigh-ins, which can be seen live on sportsnet.ca, will air Friday night at 10 p.m. ET / 7 p.m. PT. The post-fight press conference will also be streamed live on sportsnet.ca as usual.
Alright, so nevermind Cro Cop vs Big Ben, we've got some fairly unknown Australian fighting. I've got Cro Cop by TKO.
Back to top Go down
Straight-Edge Zach
The Enforcer
The Enforcer
Straight-Edge Zach

Other / Decline to state Number of posts : 3563
Registration date : 2007-12-02

PostSubject: Re: UFC 110: Nogueira vs. Velasquez   UFC 110: Nogueira vs. Velasquez Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 9:09 pm

Australia gets the show for free tommorow on One HD! I'm taking the day off from everything to watch it.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: UFC 110: Nogueira vs. Velasquez   UFC 110: Nogueira vs. Velasquez Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 1:33 am

I get every show for free Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

Male Number of posts : 8610
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: UFC 110: Nogueira vs. Velasquez   UFC 110: Nogueira vs. Velasquez Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 6:38 am

Straight-Edge Zach wrote:
Australia gets the show for free tommorow on One HD! I'm taking the day off from everything to watch it.

Im going to it ... For free (Well my parents paid but yeah xP)

Should be a great day.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: UFC 110: Nogueira vs. Velasquez   UFC 110: Nogueira vs. Velasquez Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 4:45 pm

Where are you sitting by the way? And how much did they pay?
Back to top Go down
That-Damn-Good
Mid-Carder
Mid-Carder
That-Damn-Good

Male Number of posts : 453
Registration date : 2009-06-18

PostSubject: Re: UFC 110: Nogueira vs. Velasquez   UFC 110: Nogueira vs. Velasquez Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 10:05 am

Just got done watching it. Was great stuff. Wasn't expecting a win from Bader but good for him. Really took out a great fighter and by knockout no less. Crowd was crazy behind Sotiropoulos for obvious reasons. But he really did well in the fight. Dominated it the entire way through. Silva vs Bisping was nice, even with the eye poke and shot to the groin which was a bummer but still good. Was a really even fight right up until the end. Too lazy to go over it all but was great stuff. Crowd was hot, sucks that I didn't bother to go but they'll be back. The 2nd fastest sell out in UFC history, they'll definitely be back sooner or later. Either way, was awesome stuff.
Back to top Go down
I Am Rocco
Amateur Wrestler
Amateur Wrestler
I Am Rocco

Male Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2010-02-20

PostSubject: Re: UFC 110: Nogueira vs. Velasquez   UFC 110: Nogueira vs. Velasquez Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 10:29 am

Was one of the best PPV's that the UFC has had in the past few months tbc, I really did enjoy the matches that where put on, disapointed for Bisping he could of done allot better, but againt he is up against one of the best. Chris Lytle vs. Brian Foster was a fight which i enjoyed, but fav fight of the night was Stevenson vs George Sotiropoulos.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: UFC 110: Nogueira vs. Velasquez   UFC 110: Nogueira vs. Velasquez Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 8:56 pm

That-Damn-Good wrote:
The 2nd fastest sell out in UFC history, they'll definitely be back sooner or later. Either way, was awesome stuff.
Fastest was in Canada ^.^

And at the post-fight conference, Dana White talked about making the trip to Australia an annual thing. I believe he's targeting Melbourne as the next Australian event.
Back to top Go down
That-Damn-Good
Mid-Carder
Mid-Carder
That-Damn-Good

Male Number of posts : 453
Registration date : 2009-06-18

PostSubject: Re: UFC 110: Nogueira vs. Velasquez   UFC 110: Nogueira vs. Velasquez Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 10:19 pm

That mother fucker. Ah well, pretty cool that they'll be coming back down under anyway. We're attention starved down here. Will probably go to the next Sydney event, whatever year that ends up being, ha.
Back to top Go down
Straight-Edge Zach
The Enforcer
The Enforcer
Straight-Edge Zach

Other / Decline to state Number of posts : 3563
Registration date : 2007-12-02

PostSubject: Re: UFC 110: Nogueira vs. Velasquez   UFC 110: Nogueira vs. Velasquez Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 1:02 am

babaganoosh wrote:
That-Damn-Good wrote:
The 2nd fastest sell out in UFC history, they'll definitely be back sooner or later. Either way, was awesome stuff.
Fastest was in Canada ^.^

And at the post-fight conference, Dana White talked about making the trip to Australia an annual thing. I believe he's targeting Melbourne as the next Australian event.

I'm fucking going to that!

The show was awesome...just so fun watching it live on my TV for once. The UFC 2010 game commercial was on every 2nd commercial which was a little annoying...

Bisping vs Silva is fight of the night for me. I was so pumped when Silva almost KO'd Bisping at the end then was announced as the winner.

Did not expect Cain to win TBH...that was shocking. Still a great showing from him, expect to see him take on the winner of Mir/Carwin or alternitavly the winner of Mir or Carwin vs Lesnar.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: UFC 110: Nogueira vs. Velasquez   UFC 110: Nogueira vs. Velasquez Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 1:55 am

Straight-Edge Zach wrote:

The show was awesome...just so fun watching it live on my TV for once. The UFC 2010 game commercial was on every 2nd commercial which was a little annoying...
I hear it started at like noon or something for you guys right? If so, there's no way I'd actually be awake to watch it live.

And I just finished watching it, so quick thoughts time:

Cro Cop/Perosh
Cro Cop played it very smart by not going to the ground with Perosh. Everytime the fight went to the ground, he just let him stand up to continue to impose his will. I think Perosh could have done better on his feet. He was so 1-dimensional and only looked for take-downs. Had he mixed in some more striking, he may have been able to open up a hole or two for him to shoot. Huge elbow by the way which really should've ended the fight right there, but props to Perosh for finishing the round. Cro Cop really didn't have any trouble at all against Perosh and I'd still like to see him face Big Ben Rothwell in the future to really see whether he's back yet.

Bader/Jardine
First round was mostly just lay and pray. Bader just got on top of Jardine and then threw some courtesy punches just so they could stay on the ground and Bader could win the round. Outside of the late takedown in round 2, Bader really didn't do much again. The left hook at the end was beautiful and the way Jardine's legs just gave out on him tells the story on how powerful Darth Bader is.

Sotiropoulos/Joe Daddy
Sotiropoulos continues to look impressive against a much tougher opponent in Joe Daddy. He basically got into any position on the ground that he wanted to once the fight hit the ground. I'm pretty surprised that for all 3 rounds, Joe Daddy was the one that took the fight to the ground...then he got into all sorts of trouble with the arsenal of submissions Sotiropoulos has. If he was in the same weight class as Maia, it would be an amazing fight to watch IMO.

Bisping/Axe Murderer
Bisping was pretty successful in taking Wandy down in the first round (even though he couldn't keep him down), so I was pretty surprised to see him stand and strike with Silva for much of the round (which I felt he lost the stand-up). I really think the kick below the equator was really the shot that woke Wandy up. He came back aggressively afterwards and really pressured Bisping...until the eye-poke. Then he came back even harder and really took control of the fight for the unanimous win. He really takes a lot of pride in providing exciting fights for the fans, win or lose, and he did it once again.

Big Nog/Velasquez
I felt like Nog would win, but I wanted Cain to win, so it was pretty much a no-lose fight for me. What surprised me a little prior to the fight was Cain's striking accuracy being second in the UFC and he really showcased it against Nog. While I saw Cain's strength in taking down guys and just dragging them around at will, I was a little skeptical about his punching power. Not skeptical anymore after knocking out one of the hardest guys to finish in the history of MMA. I've said it before and I'll say it again: this guy is for real and is probably the biggest threat to beating Lesnar. Not just catching a mistake that Lesnar makes (i.e. Frank Mir), I'm talking about seriously beating him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC 110: Nogueira vs. Velasquez   UFC 110: Nogueira vs. Velasquez Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

UFC 110: Nogueira vs. Velasquez
Page 1 of 1