chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MVP removed from NXT

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

MVP removed from NXT Empty
PostSubject: MVP removed from NXT   MVP removed from NXT Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 12:41 pm

Quote :
Posted by: Kenny Williams (Wrestling-Radio.com)
-Radio.com has learned that RAW superstar MVP has been removed as a mentor from the upcoming WWE NXT show. MVP was announced as the mentor of rookie Skip Sheffield, but has been replaced by William Regal for an unknown reason.

Regal has been in wrestling for the better part of 2 decades and I think he will have a lot to offer a rookie. That is why they had him paired with Jackson and Kazlov on ECW.
Back to top Go down
Tiff
Main Eventer
Main Eventer
Tiff

Female Number of posts : 1929
Registration date : 2007-12-19

PostSubject: Re: MVP removed from NXT   MVP removed from NXT Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 1:25 pm

Hmm, I wonder what MVP did :S.. it can't be the fact that Regal is more experienced, because there are other guys mentoring that haven't been in the business very long.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwe.com
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

PostSubject: Re: MVP removed from NXT   MVP removed from NXT Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 1:49 pm

I guess it depends on what this Sheffields guy weakness was. If it's something like on the mic, than this move makes no sense. Even if MVP did something wrong, Regal wouldn't be the next on the list to go on for mic. So, I think maybe it has something to do with technical wrestling? Or maybe that's his style already and Regal is there to mentor him to the fullest of his ability, but that doesn't follow the pattern of the other mentors.

If MVP didn't do anything wrong, than I feel bad for him. He really has lost any momentum he ever had since moving to Raw because now they are even bumping him off NXT where someone like Carlito, who wrestles less often, is on. I guess MVP could of asked to be removed, but that just seems less likely in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: MVP removed from NXT   MVP removed from NXT Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 2:25 pm

^^ Shefield has all of the power in the world, but what he lacked last time I saw him was technical skill.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

PostSubject: Re: MVP removed from NXT   MVP removed from NXT Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 2:35 pm

^Ah, ok, so then that's the reason for this. MVP isn't a bad technical wrestler, he's actually pretty great (having watched him wrestler since they paired him up with Henry basically) but Regal far surpasses him, and most in WWE, in that department so this is great move.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: MVP removed from NXT   MVP removed from NXT Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 2:44 pm

^^I watched Ryan Reeves (Skip) in OVW a lot and all I saw him do was squash or tag team matches were his partner did most of the wrestling, he hit a few impressive power moves, match over. This guy has "the look" and decent charisma. He is no Rock in that department, but he doesn't totally suck. He did lack big time in technical skill. I have not seen him wrestle for a year or so, so that might have changed.
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2627
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: MVP removed from NXT   MVP removed from NXT Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 1:50 am

Guess that Regal was more fitting what WWE was looking to improve from Skip Sheffield than MVP was. Regal's probably the best technical worker on the roster so there's no doubt that Sheffield's chances to succeed have greatly improved. No knock on MVP, who's a good technical wrestler too, but with someone like Regal as your mentor, it's definitely an advantage you have on other rookies on the show.
Back to top Go down
K.Smoke
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
K.Smoke

Male Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2008-11-22

PostSubject: Re: MVP removed from NXT   MVP removed from NXT Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 10:59 pm

Regals career is at a end and I think placing him here was a great move. I also agree with the fact that he has more to offer than MVP who still basically needs a mentor himself. lol
Back to top Go down
http://WWE.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MVP removed from NXT   MVP removed from NXT Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MVP removed from NXT
Page 1 of 1