chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rampage/Evans winner to face Shogun

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

Rampage/Evans winner to face Shogun Empty
PostSubject: Rampage/Evans winner to face Shogun   Rampage/Evans winner to face Shogun Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 6:50 pm

Quote :
As if the upcoming grudge match between Quinton “Rampage” Jackson and Rashad Evans wasn’t already important enough, the heated rivals will now be battling for a shot at Mauricio “Shogun” Rua’s newly-won UFC light heavyweight title belt.

Following Rua’s first-round destruction of former champion Lyoto Machida at UFC 113 on May 8 in Montreal, UFC President Dana White was originally unsure as to who “Shogun” would face in his first title defense. However White confirmed that the winner of Jackson-Evans will indeed get another crack at regaining 205-pound gold later this year during a teleconference promoting UFC 114 “Rampage vs. Evans” on Tuesday.

“It does add more to the fight,” Evans said of the title shot being on the line. “It adds to the hype and the energy that you put into it, but at the same time, you still have to train properly for the fight. You have to be really disciplined about that. It makes it kind of fun to be honest, but when I find myself not wanting to do something, (during training) I think about the title and it pushes me. That and what he (Rampage) has said about me.”

“This being for a title shot is kind of weird because I was already training for this fight like I was fighting for the belt,” said Jackson. “I’ve been training for a five-round fight. It’s already been for a title in my mind, so I’m just going to keep going and approaching it as that. I’ll keep training like it’s a championship fight and do what I need to do to get that belt back around my waist.”

A shot at Rua would be a chance for revenge for Jackson. The two fighters clashed under Pride rules in April 2005, with Rua earning a brutal stoppage win in under five minutes. It was one of Jackson’s worst losses.

“I feel like the universe is opening up for me right now,” Jackson said. “The Shogun fight has haunted me ever since then. I never should have taken the fight. I went into the fight injured because I was a young kid and I was full of myself and didn’t think anyone could hurt me. I was just looking for the money. Now I hear Rashad talking bad about it and I can’t explain how it makes me feel. I want to put a hurting on Rashad and then on Shogun right after that. I’m so fired up about it.”
Now I don't care who wins between the 2 because if Rampage wins, I know a healthy and well-conditioned Shogun will knock him the fuck out even harder than Evans can.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Rampage/Evans winner to face Shogun   Rampage/Evans winner to face Shogun Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 9:31 pm

It would almost be worht seeing Rampage beat Evan's only to fail at winning the title....almost. I can't wait for this fight and I am going to watch this one live on PPV. I usually see the fights well after they happen, but I am watching this fight.
Back to top Go down
Affy
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
Affy

Male Number of posts : 810
Registration date : 2010-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Rampage/Evans winner to face Shogun   Rampage/Evans winner to face Shogun Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 9:34 pm

Rampage will knock both them out : P
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Rampage/Evans winner to face Shogun   Rampage/Evans winner to face Shogun Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 12:23 am

You mean on the set of the A-Team right? Because in the cage, Rampage will be left lookin up at the lights.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

Male Number of posts : 8610
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Rampage/Evans winner to face Shogun   Rampage/Evans winner to face Shogun Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 1:11 am

Nah, Rampage will win without a doubt in my opinion
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Rampage/Evans winner to face Shogun   Rampage/Evans winner to face Shogun Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 12:29 pm

^^Wait for it.....I pitty the fool who thinks Rampage can beat Evans or Rau. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: Rampage/Evans winner to face Shogun   Rampage/Evans winner to face Shogun Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 6:51 pm

Affy wrote:
Rampage will knock both them out : P
Good luck knocking out Shogun? Did you not see that granite chin against Machida's counter punch when he went in for the leg kick? The same punch that knocked out Silva and Evans didn't even get Shogun to the ground.

Sykesy wrote:
Nah, Rampage will win without a doubt in my opinion
Against Evans or both Evans and Shogun?

Concrete Jesus wrote:
^^Wait for it.....I pitty the fool who thinks Rampage can beat Evans or Rau. Very Happy
Who's Rau? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Rampage/Evans winner to face Shogun   Rampage/Evans winner to face Shogun Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 10:45 pm

OK, sometimes I have a problem spelling stuff. Not everyone can be as smart as Asian guys. Smile

I don't think Rampage will KO Evan's or Shogun.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: Rampage/Evans winner to face Shogun   Rampage/Evans winner to face Shogun Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 11:28 pm

It's not even spelling, it's pronouncing Razz It's already a stretch to pronounce Rua the way it's spelt, I can't even begin to imagine how Brazilians would pronounce Rau.

I think Rampage could KO Evans because his chin isn't that impressive as evidenced by the Machida KO and he completely buckled when Silva hit him in the 3rd round, even though he still held on for the win.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rampage/Evans winner to face Shogun   Rampage/Evans winner to face Shogun Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rampage/Evans winner to face Shogun
Page 1 of 1