chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Scott Coker Says Alistair Overeem vs. Fedor Emelianenko Should Be Next, Winner Fights Werdum

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Scott Coker Says Alistair Overeem vs. Fedor Emelianenko Should Be Next, Winner Fights Werdum Empty
PostSubject: Scott Coker Says Alistair Overeem vs. Fedor Emelianenko Should Be Next, Winner Fights Werdum   Scott Coker Says Alistair Overeem vs. Fedor Emelianenko Should Be Next, Winner Fights Werdum Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 5:31 pm

Quote :

Posted by: Corey Santiago
Source: Sherdog.com
Strikeforce CEO, Scott Coker has revealed he believes former PRIDE champion, Fedor Emelianenko should fight Strikeforce Heavyweight champion, Alistair Overeem next, despite Fedor losing his last fight to Fabricio Werdum.

Speaking via Sherdog.com, Coker said:

“My feeling is maybe Fedor should fight Alistair Overeem and whoever wins that fight gets to fight Fabricio Werdum. I would love to see that fight too, Alistair and Fedor, I would love to see that fight happen.”

“Here’s the thing, we just saw Fedor fight Werdum; I’m not saying we couldn’t do the rematch [Fedor vs. Werdum] first but I’m saying there are a couple options on the table. Until we sit down with M-1, we’re just talking about different options and that [Fedor vs. Overeem] is one of the options.”

With Werdum needing surgery and being out till October, this fight would make the most sense since both men are healthy to fight.

I think this fight would happen in Oct because that is when Strikeforce is likely to get on CBS again. I am sure Coker knows Fedor is considering the UFC and he wants to get one more big fight out of Fedor.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

Scott Coker Says Alistair Overeem vs. Fedor Emelianenko Should Be Next, Winner Fights Werdum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Coker Says Alistair Overeem vs. Fedor Emelianenko Should Be Next, Winner Fights Werdum   Scott Coker Says Alistair Overeem vs. Fedor Emelianenko Should Be Next, Winner Fights Werdum Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 8:25 pm

Didn't even know Werdum injured himself and needed surgery. But I don't get the winner fights Werdum thing. Fedor only has 1 more fight on his contract, so what happens if he beats Overeem and doesn't re-sign? He vacates the title and you're left with the loser (Overeem) vs Werdum for the title. If Werdum wins, fine, the best HW in the world (since he beat the supposed best, Fedor) is in Strikeforce. But what happens if Overeem then wins? You have a champ that beat Werdum, but also lost to Fedor, so you've got a guy who isn't better than Fedor who already left Strikeforce. I worded all that really bad, but basically what I'm trying to say, Strikeforce is leaving themselves in a position which could make their HW division look weaker than it already is.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Scott Coker Says Alistair Overeem vs. Fedor Emelianenko Should Be Next, Winner Fights Werdum   Scott Coker Says Alistair Overeem vs. Fedor Emelianenko Should Be Next, Winner Fights Werdum Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 12:25 am

I get what you are saying. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scott Coker Says Alistair Overeem vs. Fedor Emelianenko Should Be Next, Winner Fights Werdum   Scott Coker Says Alistair Overeem vs. Fedor Emelianenko Should Be Next, Winner Fights Werdum Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scott Coker Says Alistair Overeem vs. Fedor Emelianenko Should Be Next, Winner Fights Werdum
Page 1 of 1