chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Expendables

Go down 
+3
Bastard
Ex-Mattitude Follower
babaganoosh
7 posters
AuthorMessage
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

The Expendables Empty
PostSubject: The Expendables   The Expendables Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 6:20 pm

Starring:

A SHITLOAD OF ACTION STARS.

Anybody see it yet? If so, thoughts?

Btw, download links are posted in the media download section for those people who have 5000 points and want in Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac
Ex-Mattitude Follower

Male Number of posts : 4927
Registration date : 2007-09-30

The Expendables Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Expendables   The Expendables Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 6:23 pm

I had the option of seeing it today but went with Salt instead. I think I made the right call. While not anything too special, Salt was pretty entertaining and has a better plot based on what I've read about The Expendables. Plus I'd rather watch Angelina Jolie kick ass and fire guns for nearly two hours than a bunch of old action movie stars doing the same thing. xD

Besides, The Expendables lacks Wesley Snipes and everyone knows Blade is the ultimate badass. Their team isn't complete without him.
Back to top Go down
Bastard
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
Bastard

Male Number of posts : 1194
Registration date : 2009-08-07

The Expendables Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Expendables   The Expendables Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 6:28 pm

I thought Salt was pretty poor, but I did spend most of it having a popcorn fight, so it could have been better than what I remember...
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

The Expendables Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Expendables   The Expendables Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 6:32 pm

Speaking of Salt, it's also posted in the media download section. Hint hint, nudge nudge.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

The Expendables Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Expendables   The Expendables Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 7:02 pm

I have actually seen Salt and The Expendables. I liked Salt, until the sudden ending. They defendantly left Salt wide open for many sequels.

With The Expendables, I got exactly what I was expecting. Completely over the top action, from some of the biggest action movie stars of all time. The Expendables also provide a few laughs. One particularly funny moment happens during the scene with Willis, Arnold, and Stallone. They poke fun at Arnold's political career and Stallone's Rambo movies. If you want to see lots of shit get blown the fuck up and great fight scenes, this is your movie.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

The Expendables Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Expendables   The Expendables Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 7:11 pm

What I was disappointed with in the Expendables was the fire/explosion effects. It just didn't seem very realistic.

Oh and if you were looking for Big Nog in the movie, you'd better be paying attention because if you blinked, you missed him.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

The Expendables Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Expendables   The Expendables Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 7:13 pm

Those explosions were 100% real. They made that film without CG, on a 80 million dollar budget.
Back to top Go down
Bastard
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
Bastard

The Expendables Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Expendables   The Expendables Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 7:20 pm

It better have cheesy effects, to go with the old school action flick Razz
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

The Expendables Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Expendables   The Expendables Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 7:21 pm

Concrete Jesus wrote:
Those explosions were 100% real. They made that film without CG, on a 80 million dollar budget.
The Expendables 207_not_sure_if_serious
Back to top Go down
Bastard
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
Bastard

The Expendables Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Expendables   The Expendables Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 7:23 pm

babaganoosh wrote:
Speaking of Salt, it's also posted in the media download section. Hint hint, nudge nudge.

Well... I lack the points needed so

sadface
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

The Expendables Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Expendables   The Expendables Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 7:25 pm

^^Post more and you'll be in Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

The Expendables Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Expendables   The Expendables Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 7:31 pm

babaganoosh wrote:
Concrete Jesus wrote:
The Expendables 207_not_sure_if_serious

Worstpreviews.com posted the story. The movie made 35 mil it's first weekend and it cost 80 mil to make, without CG
Back to top Go down
Bastard
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
Bastard

The Expendables Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Expendables   The Expendables Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 7:32 pm

^^^ Baba gave me a license to spam (Even though I've seen Salt, I'll download it for Jolie in leather :L).
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

The Expendables Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Expendables   The Expendables Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 7:33 pm

^^That isn't spam, that is as good a reason as any, to watch a movie.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

The Expendables Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Expendables   The Expendables Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 7:34 pm

Wow...so you were serious...

Sorry to burst your bubble, but pretty much every single action scene used CG. 0 chance any of that was real.

And I didn't give a license to spam...I gave encouragement to post more contributions to the site Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

The Expendables Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Expendables   The Expendables Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 7:44 pm

You mean the internet lied to me about something? Son of a Bitch. Is the net lying about penis enhancement pills too? Smile

Here is a fun story on this movie. http://worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=18723&count=0
Back to top Go down
[SM]The Supreme One[SM]
Heat Wrestler
Heat Wrestler

Male Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2009-06-17

The Expendables Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Expendables   The Expendables Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 10:18 pm

Thanks baba, you saved my pocket, I was gonna watch it tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

Male Number of posts : 8610
Registration date : 2007-10-06

The Expendables Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Expendables   The Expendables Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 11:50 pm

Expendables was great. I enjoyed it and have seen it twice now. Definitely one of the better action movies out there.
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2627
Registration date : 2008-10-14

The Expendables Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Expendables   The Expendables Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 12:58 am

This is the best action movie I've ever seen. How can I watch any hardcore match on tv now, thinking "Wow, that's violent" lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Expendables Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Expendables   The Expendables Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Expendables
Page 1 of 1