chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ask Y2J X

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

Ask Y2J X Empty
PostSubject: Ask Y2J X   Ask Y2J X Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 10:05 pm

A bit disappointed to see all the old Ask Me's gone, was hoping to take a trip down memory lane. Either way I'm back, probably won't be the most active but I'll try and get on at least once a week.
Back to top Go down
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac
Ex-Mattitude Follower

Male Number of posts : 4927
Registration date : 2007-09-30

Ask Y2J X Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask Y2J X   Ask Y2J X Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 9:16 am

Who is your celebrity crush?
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Ask Y2J X Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask Y2J X   Ask Y2J X Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 4:53 pm

Ex-Mattitude Follower wrote:
Who is your celebrity crush?

While it's diminished a bit due to her no longer being in the company, Eve Torres. Great wrestler, great personality, great hair, great body, great everything. Well, I mean maybe not acting but she certainly improved after the horrible Embrace The Hate angle and that's something I like seeing.
Back to top Go down
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac
Ex-Mattitude Follower

Male Number of posts : 4927
Registration date : 2007-09-30

Ask Y2J X Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask Y2J X   Ask Y2J X Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 9:34 am

Would you sign up for CGS Classic?
Back to top Go down
Bastard
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
Bastard

Male Number of posts : 1194
Registration date : 2009-08-07

Ask Y2J X Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask Y2J X   Ask Y2J X Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 9:43 am

What are your top seven animes? (I may even check some of them out)
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Ask Y2J X Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask Y2J X   Ask Y2J X Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 9:10 pm

Ex-Mattitude Follower wrote:
Would you sign up for CGS Classic?

I've considered it but I'm a bit hesitant due to my inconsistency of keeping up with the schedule these days and all the character ideas have left are somewhat high-concept, nothing like Confidant but still farther out of my comfort zone that it would take some dedication and time to put out something I'm proud of. So, I would, and will in fact, but only after I'm confident I can last longer than a single show.

Bastard wrote:
What are your top seven animes? (I may even check some of them out)

Instead of spending a ridiculous amount of time fanboying over ever series and describing why I loved them, I instead decided to just link them to their MAL page which provides a good summary, genres, and length (most are average length [26 episodes] or less, two are much longer) as I could potential ramble forever. Though I will slip in a comment or two for some. First three are locked in place. Numbers 4-6 swap all the time between themselves, and the same with 7 just against a different group . . .

I. Cowboy Bebop ~ If you watch this, and I definitely recommend this more than the rest (a  relatively common expression is "I hate every anime except Cowboy Bebop), at least watch until episode 5. I love pretty much all the episodes though, except Boogie Woogie Feng Shui, that episodes terrible.
II. Wolfs Rain ~ There are four recap episodes in the middle, so obviously skip these piles of crap (one new thing is added but it's very minor). Otherwise, I just love this series.
III. Monster ~ Starts off a bit slow, but it just keeps getting better and better. Surprising since it's the longest one on here.
IV. Baccano! ~ Episode one
V. Trigun ~ My avatar comes from Trigun, Wolfwood who is one of my favorite characters in anime.
VI. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood ~ I actually highly recommend watching the first series first. Brotherhood's first episodes (minus the actual first) deal with events covered in the first series except terribly (with several differences along the way since it's quite different after that. Basically, it's covers about twenty-five episodes in eleven or twelve. So, I'm linking to both.
VII. Haibane Renmei ~ Wins out over the honorable mentions (Mushishi, Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo, & One Piece) due the fact that I think Reki is probably the most relatable character I've come across for me, at least her struggle in the last few are up there for me.

*Edit*
So, the linking idea went well, I'll try and fix this.

*Edit*
Okay, doesn't look like crap now.
Back to top Go down
Steven
Heat Wrestler
Heat Wrestler
Steven

Male Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2007-12-06

Ask Y2J X Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask Y2J X   Ask Y2J X Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 11:28 am

If someone was new to Anime what would you suggest to get them interested in it?
Back to top Go down
Bastard
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
Bastard

Male Number of posts : 1194
Registration date : 2009-08-07

Ask Y2J X Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask Y2J X   Ask Y2J X Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 3:44 am

If Jesus, Thor and Zeus had a bar brawl, what beverage would you drink whilst watching?
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Ask Y2J X Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask Y2J X   Ask Y2J X Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 3:27 am

Steven wrote:
If someone was new to Anime what would you suggest to get them interested in it?
Cowboy Bebop. For many, many, many reasons but probably most importantly because it's my personal favorite anime and has wide-spread appeal to even people who vehemently hate anime (as I said earlier, hearing the phrase, "I hate all anime except Cowboy Bebop" isn't/wasn't uncommon). Has an outstanding OST (second favorite in anime, and one of the songs on there is a contender for my favorite song ever), and fantastic visuals all the way throughout. Also, if you're a movie buff, I know they pay homage to movies like Desperado, Alien, & 2001: A Space Odyssey (also plenty of musical references in titles naming the sessions after songs from Aerosmith, Queen, Rolling Stones, etc). It has one been said that "Cowboy Bebop is a show that is so much style over substance yet it still has better substance than 90% of the other shows out there." and I agree full heartedly with that. I'll end there but yeah, Bebop definitely.

Probably rambled on too long there, probably should've just said Cowboy Bebop and be done with it. Anyway, I can link you if you want to check it out.

Bastard wrote:
If Jesus, Thor and Zeus had a bar brawl, what beverage would you drink whilst watching?
I don't even drink anything caffeinated, so I don't know what my options would be at a bar. Water? Also, I feel really bad for Jesus in that scenario, it'll be hilarious to watch though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ask Y2J X Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask Y2J X   Ask Y2J X Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ask Y2J X
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
chaingangsoldier :: General Discussion :: Off-Topic Discussion :: Ask Me-
Jump to: